Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

On 19/09/2024 at 11:03, magnkarl said:

I think you need to be careful with how pious you're acting on this, because as it stands you're condemning Israel no matter what they do, even if it's a surgical strike they get criticised. People have said 'I'd be perfectly okay with Israel going after leaders and terrorists', but when they do the same people often chant 'genocide' before they even know what's going on.

I don't feel it's pious. I'm concerned about where Netanyahu is leading the west. The only strategy I can see that Israel has now is to provoke the US into confronting Iran and its proxies - Oct 7th and the reaction to that is in the past, the hostages written off - we're now looking at a war hungry regime who will break any rules and act alone to get the bigger conflict that it wants. I can't get on board with that, including not clapping the pager thing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

I don't feel it's pious. I'm concerned about where Netanyahu is leading the west. The only strategy I can see that Israel has now is to provoke the US into confronting Iran and its proxies - Oct 7th and the reaction to that is in the past, the hostages written off - we're now looking at a war hungry regime who will break any rules and act alone to get the bigger conflict that it wants. I can't get on board with that, including not clapping the pager thing. 

It’s not the first and won’t be the last time the West’s bedfellows act out.

For those of us born before 1980 there’s the contras, Pinochet, Samozoas, Guatemala and so forth.

At this point I think we’re more of a calming influence on Israel than the other way around. Here’s to Benny getting sent to jail soon, and Hezbollah, Iran’s priesthood and Hamas all getting thrown on the dumpster of history.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â