Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

Smacks of a true lack of regard for international law and an unwavering confidence that there will be no meaningful international ramifications for his actions.

Personal view is that Netanyahu sees Trump being less likely to get in office so is killing as many people as possible knowing that in November/December he'll concede to a Ceasefire where he can give Kamala an early political win in return for continued military/financial support.

I'm sure by the time of the next Israei election, there'll be another "terror incident" allowed to happen so he can benefit from voters wanting his hard line tactics.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Hezbollah people with family in close proximity, standing next to civilians on trains, on buses and in supermarkets as clearly demonstrated in the video shown on the news.  How many innocent people injured and maimed just by standing a bit too close to a planted bomb?

Didn't we kill 500,000+ "innocent" civilians in WW2 in our (successful) efforts to destroy the enemy ? Did that make our efforts wrong ?

Hamas and Hezbollah not only hide among their people, they are supported by their people hence I struggle with the concept of "innocent" victims in these conflicts albeit I feel for the kids who have played no part in the wrongs. The best thing that could ever happen over there is for the people to rise up and reject the terrorist groups representing them ...... and no, that will not happen !

Edited by Paul33

11 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Didn't we kill 500,000+ "innocent" civilians in WW2 in our (successful) efforts to destroy the enemy ? Did that make our efforts wrong ?

I wonder how many civilian deaths there were in the coalition invasion of Iraq (chasing the non existent WOMD).

1 hour ago, _AA_786 said:

Smacks of a true lack of regard for international law and an unwavering confidence that there will be no meaningful international ramifications for his actions.

Personal view is that Netanyahu sees Trump being less likely to get in office so is killing as many people as possible knowing that in November/December he'll concede to a Ceasefire where he can give Kamala an early political win in return for continued military/financial support.

I'm sure by the time of the next Israei election, there'll be another "terror incident" allowed to happen so he can benefit from voters wanting his hard line tactics.

Here we go again with the conspiracy theory that Israel “allowed” October 7th to happen. Nice way to make it the Jews fault for atrocities committed against them. I’ve never heard that one before.

Let's have a chat about 9/11 being a CIA inside job, the moon landings were staged at Area 51, Elvis is still alive and we’re all being controlled by lizard people.

• Like 1

I'm sure there have been some posters doing it but it can't be many on here who doesn't recognize Hamas and Hezbollah as terrorist organizations and what they do is terrorism or are defending their actions. The body count is something like 40-50 to one here so bringing up that terrorists are evil every time Israel kills another couple families is hardly needed.

• Like 1

Pagers yesterday, walkie talkies today, what tomorrow? Tomy speak and spell machines?!

As someone else said, quite impressive in how they've managed it, from a pure logistics point of view. 

Edited by Xela

14 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Here we go again with the conspiracy theory that Israel “allowed” October 7th to happen. Nice way to make it the Jews fault for atrocities committed against them. I’ve never heard that one before.

Let's have a chat about 9/11 being a CIA inside job, the moon landings were staged at Area 51, Elvis is still alive and we’re all being controlled by lizard people.

Firstly, apologies if I wasn't clear enough or gave the impression it was a reference to October 7th. It wasn't intended that way.

However, I made no assertion that anything was "Jews fault" or that the attack on October 7th was staged / allowed so i'm not sure why that response was prompted. Perhaps before making hasty assumptions it may be worthwhile to ask a few questions first, rather than responding in a sensitive manner - made particularly ironic when your username is "desensitized".

That aside... It would be naïve to ignore the countless examples of right leaning or hard-lined politicians who have sought to draw attention to security concerns, immigration, crime or other such topics when approaching re-election as a means of seeking support. History has shown that Netanyahu has repeatedly hung on to power or propped up support by this same approach so taking a view that he'll cling on longer by deploying a tactic that has worked before, can't be too hard to imagine surely?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â