Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

A quick look on the .gov website for export control licenses suggests that there were already 190 export licenses to Israel pre Oct ‘23. That between Oct ‘23 and may ‘24 a further 108 individual export licenses were issued that covered military exports such as ‘componentry’, helicopter and fixed wing aircraft parts, small arms ammunition, body armour, imaging cameras, chemicals, chemical processing equipment, telecoms equipment. That there are currently a further 185 licenses applied for.

There is no argument in saying it’s such a small per cent age that it makes no difference so we might as well carry on. Imagine thinking I can sell these wheels because it needs far more to build a whole tank, so I’m not the problem.

The numbers appear to be in tens of millions of pounds. Small beer, but again not an argument one way or the other to say if it’s so insignificant then we should / shouldn’t make the gesture. What’s interesting, is we appear to buy a similar amount of similar equipment from Israel. Mutual low level dependence. stopping sales to Israel might theoretically cause our imports of military kit to be similarly stopped, and who knows what grommet for what piece of kit we are buying from Jerusalem.

We have a problem in that we are being played by maniacs. Netanyahu and his predecessors and Palestinian leadership and other local states have manouvered themselves in to a position where the forever war is both unwinnable and we dare not let them lose.

in other, totally unrelated news

Aug 20 (Reuters) - The German Federal Court upheld a 99-year-old woman's conviction for accessory to murder over her role as a typist at a Nazi concentration camp in the last two years of World War Two.

The Federal Court rejected her lawyer's argument that her involvement did not go beyond carrying out "everyday" activities as a typist. Its ruling upholding the lower court's decision is final and cannot be appealed.

"The principle that typical, neutral professional activities of an 'everyday nature' are not criminal does not apply here, since the defendant knew what the main perpetrators were doing and supported them in doing it," judges at the Leipzig court wrote.

So I guess people involved in supplying non lethal aid to genocidal regimes need to think whether they knew what was going on that they contributed to. But I guess they also just need to make sure they ain’t on the losing team.

Just flagging another 10 civilians have been bombed in a refugee camp, while Israel say they are stopping terrorists. If the idea is to wear us all down by repeatedly violating human rights until it has become normal, then it has worked. Will never forget and will never fail to mention these atrocities in the future. What a bunch of shits. 

It's a start. Opens the door to further scrutiny. Does look like the US have told them to do it, at this time, seems coordinated. Hopefully with the aim of pressuring Netanyahu. 

Good commentary on Netanyahu. How can anyone take this thoroughly corrupt man seriously? He so obviously has no intention of ever making peace and is doing everything he can to get Trump elected. Unforgivable, in my book.

If President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris needed any reminder that Benjamin Netanyahu is not their friend, not America’s friend and, most shamefully, not the friend of the Israeli hostages in Gaza, the murder by Hamas of six Israeli souls while Netanyahu dragged out negotiations should make that clear. Netanyahu has one interest: his own immediate political survival, even if it undermines Israel’s long-term survival.

Madam Vice President, have no doubt, this will lead him to do things in the next two months that could seriously harm your election chances and strengthen Donald Trump’s. Be afraid.

Meanwhile, Mr. President, please, please tell me that Netanyahu has not played you for a fool. You have had repeated conversations with him, each followed by your optimistic predictions about an imminent cease-fire in Gaza — and then he tells his followers something else.

Netanyahu is one reason that I coined this rule about Middle East reporting: In Washington, officials tell you the truth in private and lie in public. In the Middle East, officials lie to you in private and tell the truth in public. Never trust what they say to you in private — especially Netanyahu. Listen only to what they say in public to their own people in their own languages.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Did the BBC do any appeals for the affect of allied nations wars before? 

Literally that's the decision. It's wrong, morally, but that's it. Everyone knows it. We're tainted by association with them.

5 hours ago, omariqy said:

An American citizen killed by Israel in West Bank who was protesting 

Yeah but *handwaves why it's alright because Israel did it*

The IDF must be the unluckiest professional army in the world.

The number of journalists and civilians and children they’ve accidentally executed with a bullet to the head is incredible.

All so avoidable. If only the journalists left the IDF and the settlers alone and stopped reporting about it. Then they could get on with murdering Palestinians in peace and no more journalists would have to be "accidentally" shot.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Did the BBC do any appeals for the affect of allied nations wars before? 

Literally that's the decision. It's wrong, morally, but that's it. Everyone knows it. We're tainted by association with them.

I have a lot of time for the beeb, they get it from all quarters whatever they do. But to deny what we can all see is more than just fear of criticism, it's not an independent reaction. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â