Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

I think the responses here are quite telling tbh.

Israel goes after Hamas in Gaza = boo hitting civilians, how dare they respond!

Israel rescues hostages = boo they killed the 'civilians' guarding them, how dare they!

Israel hits Hamas leaders with very little collateral damage in Beirut and Iran = boo, they're pushing for a regional conflict, how dare they go after an organisation that performed one of the worst terror attacks since 9/11.

Can't win. It's also 100% the reason why this won't ever end, neither side can find common ground on anything - and they're continually being pushed to extremes by their now quite rabid supporters.

@Jareth - considering everything Israel does is wrong and you appear to know much about military strategy fighting terrorists, I'd love to hear your take on the response you think should've been taken against Hamas after 7/10, especially Haniyeh and the people being sheltered by regimes around the world, and the now near continuous stream of rockets being fired at Israel from Lebanon.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

To downgrade and trivialize criticism of war crimes as some sort of pantomime reaction - is as you say - telling.

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

To downgrade and trivialize criticism of war crimes as some sort of pantomime reaction - is as you say - telling.

Ah, back to not answering the question. The point was totally lost on you I see.

I think at this point even if Israel did everything you wanted with a cherry on top, you'd still be rampantly against them. Then it's not a matter of what they do, it's a matter of who they are.

The question might have been a bit pointed and trivilialising, but the underlying issue is still there. The echo chambers in this conflict has to end, including that on the side you think is right.

Edited by magnkarl

6 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Israel rescues hostages = boo they killed the 'civilians' guarding them, how dare they!

Israel hits Hamas leaders with very little collateral damage in Beirut and Iran = boo, they're pushing for a regional conflict, how dare they go after an organisation that performed one of the worst terror attacks since 9/11.

Can't win. It's also 100% the reason why this won't ever end, neither side can find common ground on anything - and they're continually being pushed to extremes by their now quite rabid supporters.

@Jareth - considering everything Israel does is wrong and you appear to know much about military strategy fighting terrorists, I'd love to hear your take on the response you think should've been taken against Hamas after 7/10, especially Haniyeh and the people being sheltered by regimes around the world, and the now near continuous stream of rockets being fired at Israel from Lebanon.

No they can't win, that's the point. A 2 state solution is the answer but that's a compromise, not a win. A compromise on both sides.

Israel think they can win by wiping out a people.

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

No they can't win, that's the point. A 2 state solution is the answer but that's a compromise, not a win. A compromise on both sides.

Israel think they can win by wiping out a people.

Ah, the wiping out argument.

I agree that Israel does a crap job at many things, including human rights. But if you think they're wiping them out then they'll need to go another 60 or so years at the current pace of casualties in Palestine, and include the West Bank in the conflict. It's an awfully poor job of wiping Palestinians out, if so. Israel has the capacity to wipe out Gaza, and some of the right wing nutters in the government actually proposed using that nuclear capacity in wiping out the Palestinians, if they wanted. I don't think losing 2000 soldiers going into Gaza quite shows what you're arguing to be honest.

No one's being wiped out, it's the endless tit for tat, just with a new generation of idiots on both sides doing idioty things with backers across the globe who entrench them to the point of never achieving peace.

The US now moving their ships etc toward the region cos threats from Iran. Meanwhile Netanyahu sticks two fingers up to US influence. Something's got to give. 

The propaganda paper the Jewish Chronicle reckons the UK has begun suspending arms export licenses to Israel.

I'll believe it when I see it, but here's hoping.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sne said:

The UN has sacked 9 UNRWA members who they say might have been involved in the Oct 7 attack. 

Ah, but I thought it was all propaganda? What will we do!?

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Ah, but I thought it was all propaganda? What will we do!?

Nah, the whole of UNRWA were terrorist remember. All of them.

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Nah, the whole of UNRWA were terrorist remember. All of them.

Ah, shucks, was it only 9? On top of the 12 already fired for it earlier. How many do you need there to be to consider it a problem?

Weird how they whitewashed themselves using organisations so militant in Palestine's favour shortly after to do the 'investigation' that daddy UN had to step in and do the investigations themselves.

UNRWA is a big part of the problem here. They've furthered the desperate state Palestine is in for years and years by perennially using organisations such as Hamas\PLO\Hezbollah to give out aid and help educate kids. Why does Palestinians get their own version of the UN when other groups who by all measure suffer more have to 'just' have the UN? 

It's time for the real UN to step in and do what the UN is supposed to, not just perennially keep on keeping on.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â