Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

1 minute ago, Thug said:

Ok guys I’m sorry.

not slept after a night shift, and been reading Twitter bullshit all day… and took it out on my fellow villans 

There's no need to apologise.   

I have read much worse posted ON TOPIC regarding such important topics as senior players posting pictures of their new car.  

🤣

• Thanks 1

Not going to join this heated debate, but I have for a long time wondered where the ISIS soldiers went when their dram of a caliphate in Iraq and Syria went to hell. I now think I have an idea. Some of the things that were done on Saturday is way beyond what I had thought that the Palestinians would do. I think Hamas have taken in foreign soldiers who are more capable of these acts than frustrated and radicalized youths from Gaza. 

@Thug

I doubt you read this but earlier in the day we were discussing the Hamas Charter or Hamas Covenant.  

It's an alarming read. 

https://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/hamas.asp

If you want to get support from the west it might be best to delete parts like this one.

woman can go out to fight the enemy without her husband's permission, and so does the slave: without his master's permission.

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Added details

Here's how to solve the whole problem in the most simplistic, unsophisticated and unlikely way possible: You link the Gaza Strip with the West Bank by a subterranean highway and rail link, making Palestine one unified physical territory. You install a permanent United Nations security force in and around Jerusalem, allowing all the religions equal and secure access to holy sites and houses of worship. You install a permanent U.N. administrative apparatus, turning the city into it's own U.N. sponsored microstate. You reconstruct Gaza and deprived area of the West Bank. You recognize Palestine as a sovereign state. You dismantle Hamas. You establish a democratic framework for the "new" nation of Palestine. Wait a minute. Have I just solved the Israel-Palestine problem once and for all?

Israel

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Twitter has completed its transformation into 4chan with this conflict. Complete and utter cesspool of misinformation and unfettered fascism.

Just tune out of it, it really isn't worth engaging on there anymore.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thug said:

Ok guys I’m sorry.

not slept after a night shift, and been reading Twitter bullshit all day… and took it out on my fellow villans 

Delete Xitter mate. Trust me, you will feel better for it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

If the British Government can  negotiate with the IRA and form the good friday agreement, I dont see why the Israeli government couldnt have done the same with Hamas. Its terrible what Hamas did in Israel and its equally terrible what the Israelis are doing in Gaza. Both war crimes. 

If the IRA's mission was the destruction of the British state and the death all British people then politicians on all sides in the '90s might have found the Belfast Agreement a bit more of a challenge to get agreed.

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Here's how to solve the whole problem in the most simplistic, unsophisticated and unlikely way possible: You link the Gaza Strip with the West Bank by a subterranean highway and rail link, making Palestine one unified physical territory. You install a permanent United Nations security force in and around Jerusalem, allowing all the religions equal and secure access to holy sites and houses of worship. You install a permanent U.N. administrative apparatus, turning the city into it's own U.N. sponsored microstate. You reconstruct Gaza and deprived area of the West Bank. You recognize Palestine as a sovereign state. You dismantle Hamas. You establish a democratic framework for the "new" nation of Palestine. Wait a minute. Have I just solved the Israel-Palestine problem once and for all?

Israel

Gaza would become the Barry Island of Palestine

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

@Thug

I doubt you read this but earlier in the day we were discussing the Hamas Charter or Hamas Covenant.  

It's an alarming read. 

https://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/hamas.asp

If you want to get support from the west it might be best to delete parts like this one.

yeah that’s a tough read.  

But let’s be honest They’re never going to get support from the west, even if their charter read to create a land of unicorns and flying dolphins.

But you’re right, it’s a PR disaster.

The likud manifesto is no better in reality, but clearly better (less murderously) worded.  It talks about how they will claim all the land between the sea and the river Jordan, and kill the PLO. And settle EVERYWHERE.  However they’ve been smart enough to say ‘without dispossession’ - even though they do it anyway.

They need to get rid of both these parties and start from scratch.  The hard part really is that the Palestinians are getting no breaks at all.  Even when every country in the world bar the US say the Israeli occupation is illegal, and the settlements must stop… they just continue with impunity.

it’s been a long time now, just draw the lines and let the people live.  The terror organisations (both Hamas and Likud) feed off the fear of the people.  Let them lead happy lives and you would hope these organisations will become obsolete.

But the current state of unilateral favouritism shows no sign of abating, it’s so damn obvious it’s infuriating.

There are Israelis who will have fought harder for the Palestinian cause than even some Palestinians.  So painting everyone with the same brush is ridiculous.

This crap needs to end.

Needs to start with an olive branch, not more murder.

• Like 1

Here’s where I get a bit confused with the ISIS and Hamas thing, didn’t hamas have a whole conflict with them not long ago? Wouldn’t there still be a bit of bad blood between the two? Or is this link just based on people saying hamas are performing acts that are the same/similar to ISIS

16 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Yeah I already stopped using it. Checked back in out of curiosity to see where the discourse on this was and it was somehow way worse than when I left it barely a week ago.

Some huge accounts being culprits as well. I saw some guy with 200k followers just casually tweet out that Palestinians are incestuous low IQ people (with screenshot of some dubious study), who are dumber than Forrest Gump (yes, the fictional character). And this was like one of the least crazy things I've seen. It's unbelievable.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Yeah, I thought I was losing my mind during last night's scrolling session. Horrible. 

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah I already stopped using it. Checked back in out of curiosity to see where the discourse on this was and it was somehow way worse than when I left it barely a week ago.

Some huge accounts being culprits as well. I saw some guy with 200k followers just casually tweet out that Palestinians are incestuous low IQ people (with screenshot of some dubious study), who are dumber than Forrest Gump (yes, the fictional character). And this was like one of the least crazy things I've seen. It's unbelievable.

I saw an account from a "Palestinian in Gaza" with 200K followers. I clicked on his photo and I could tell it was AI-generated. Which doesn't necessarily make it a fake account, but I bet it was.

42 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Here's how to solve the whole problem in the most simplistic, unsophisticated and unlikely way possible: You link the Gaza Strip with the West Bank by a subterranean highway and rail link, making Palestine one unified physical territory. You install a permanent United Nations security force in and around Jerusalem, allowing all the religions equal and secure access to holy sites and houses of worship. You install a permanent U.N. administrative apparatus, turning the city into its own U.N. sponsored microstate. You reconstruct Gaza and deprived area of the West Bank. You recognize Palestine as a sovereign state. You dismantle Hamas. You establish a democratic framework for the "new" nation of Palestine. Wait a minute. Have I just solved the Israel-Palestine problem once and for all?

Israel

The UN has the worst record at keeping people safe though. Srebrenica being the stand out example. 

In my mind there’s only one solution, a one state solution where everyone has the same democratic rights no matter their religion or race. Second to that a two state solution with a Berlin style highway through Israel to Gaza and severe punishment for any side that attacks the other. 

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The UN has the worst record at keeping people safe though. Srebrenica being the stand out example. 

In my mind there’s only one solution, a one state solution where everyone has the same democratic rights no matter their religion or race. Second to that a two state solution with a Berlin style highway through Israel to Gaza and severe punishment for any side that attacks the other. 

I agree this is the best solution, but how could it ever be possible if the one entity with the power to make it happen are diametrically opposed to the idea?

Israel has amassed a huge number of troops on the Gazan border including heavy armour like tanks.

The powers out, hospitals are overrun and generators about to run dry, and Gaza is one of the most densely packed areas on the planet.

They'll be running out of coffins pretty shortly. Israel is going to kill everything that moves. That border is going to be moving.

• Sad 1

GB News (I flicked it on for a laugh whilst scrolling through the news channels) are running a piece right now with some complete tool of a presenter, with the archetypal face you’d like to punch, running a piece about why Gary Lineker and the rest of the ‘lovey brigade’ are not condemning Hamas - seriously.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â