Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

OT but there are plenty of instances where this isn't the case. The Chris Kaba case springs to mind from very recently. There are plenty of others.

It doesn't help anything to make comparisons that are demonstrably untrue just because you believe it to be so.

Throw a rock - get shot. Kaba didn't even do that and the officer has been charged with murder. Of course you can't shoot someone in this country in those circumstances and get away with it - what world do you live in?

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Are we really at a point where you post an unverified picture of a badly scribbled Hebrew sentence that makes no sense (I speak Hebrew) from this account? Half of the letters are the wrong way around for Pete's sake.

image.png.5203ca35119e728fd85254f3d918d3a5.png

Just to help you, in the banner there it says Live Coverage of what Hamas called their attack on 7.10, on the right you've got pictures of the terrorists hanggliding into the festival to murder 240 civilians.

Seriously man, do some source research before you post this shit. The Quds is what Iran calls their bloody militia operating across the Middle East to sow terror, and are known to demolish whole towns with their rockets and bombs. Chris Williamson would be proud of this source.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Are we really at a point where you post an unverified picture of a badly scribbled Hebrew sentence that makes no sense (I speak Hebrew) from this account?

image.png.5203ca35119e728fd85254f3d918d3a5.png

Just to help you, in the banner there it says Live Coverage of what Hamas called their attack on 7.10, on the right you've got pictures of the terrorists hanggliding into the festival to murder 240 civilians.

Seriously man, do some source research before you post this shit. The Quds is what Iran calls their bloody militia operating across the Middle East to sow terror, and are known to demolish whole towns with their rockets and bombs. Chris Williamson would be proud of this source.

Apologies I saw a retweet. If you want I can post verified sources on the ground of kids being blown to bits if that helps?

Just now, omariqy said:

Apologies I saw a retweet. If you want I can post verified sources on the ground of kids being blown to bits if that helps?

No I want people to stop parroting Iranian propaganda because they can't get their thoughts in order.

18 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I'm genuinely not being a *** here, i'm calling it how I see it by the way. Happy to be educated on this.

Ask yourself. If Hamas had Israel's miliary strength, would there be an Israel? What would happen to the people there? Genuine question

Ask yourself if Israel hadn't illegally occupied a nation, a land and undertaken numerous crimes over the last 75 years, would there be a Hamas?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

As this is the internet, I’m obliged to post this irrelevant point: The picture doesn’t show terrorists hang gliding into the festival to do murders. They’re para gliding.

Just now, omariqy said:

Ask yourself if Israel hadn't illegally occupied a nation, a land and undertaken numerous crimes over the last 75 years, would there be a Hamas?

One bad sources doesn't negate the hundreds of verified sources showing the crimes that are being committed such as collective punishment or the use of white phosphorus or the targeting of hospitals/ambulances/schools

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Sadly, probably yes. 

• Like 2

Just now, omariqy said:

One bad sources doesn't negate the hundreds of verified sources showing the crimes that are being committed such as collective punishment or the use of white phosphorus or the targeting of hospitals/ambulances/schools

And that is a perfectly valid stance to have, but it doesn't negate that fact that you need to use a fake picture posted by the worst IRGC militia group known for 'untraditional warfare' (see paragliding, using poison gas +++) to support your point.

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

As this is the internet, I’m obliged to post this irrelevant point: The picture doesn’t show terrorists hang gliding into the festival to do murders. They’re para gliding.

Yeah, I'm sure you could say that the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard have a keen interest in paragliding, especially when set next to a building in Jerusalem with Hamas militants on top of an Israeli Jeep on the right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

And that is a perfectly valid stance to have, but it doesn't negate that fact that you need to use a fake picture posted by the worst IRGC militia group known for 'untraditional warfare' (see paragliding, using poison gas +++) to support your point.

I don't need that to support my point. In fact totally disregard it and you still have thousands of pieces of evidence to support my point.

Just now, omariqy said:

I really don't think it would be to the same extent but of course human nature means there would always be an element of I hate you because you're different.

Perhaps you’re right. It seems like throughout history there’s been, for want of a better word, a feud that refuses to end and which has resulted in so much completely unnecessary and pointless death. 

25 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I really don't think it would be to the same extent but of course human nature means there would always be an element of I hate you because you're different.

You should read a bit up on what the Arab world did to Israel in 1948, the expansion of Israel didn't happen in a vacuum where Israel got larger for no reason.

1948 Arab–Israeli War

The 1948 Arab–Israeli War, also known as the First Arab–Israeli War, followed the civil war in Mandatory Palestine as the second and final stage of the 1948 Palestine war. It formally began following the end of the British Mandate for Palestine at midnight on 14 May 1948; the Israeli Declaration of Independence had been issued earlier that day, and a military coalition of Arab states entered the territory of British Palestine in the morning of 15 May.

As a result of the war, the State of Israel controlled the area that the UN had proposed for the Jewish state, as well as almost 60% of the area proposed for the Arab state,[24] including the Jaffa, Lydda and Ramle area, Upper Galilee, some parts of the Negev and a wide strip along the Tel Aviv–Jerusalem road. Israel also took control of West Jerusalem, which was meant to be part of an international zone for Jerusalem and its environs. Transjordan took control of East Jerusalem and what became known as the West Bank, annexing it the following year, and the Egyptian military took control of the Gaza Strip.

Here's the Arab League's leader, Azzam Pasha's take on it:

"I personally wish that the Jews do not drive us to this war, as this will be a war of extermination and momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Tartar massacre[10] or the Crusader wars. I believe that the number of volunteers from outside Palestine will be larger than Palestine's Arab population, for I know that volunteers will be arriving to us from [as far as] India, Afghanistan, and China to win the honor of martyrdom for the sake of Palestine … You might be surprised to learn that hundreds of Englishmen expressed their wish to volunteer in the Arab armies to fight the Jews.

Edited by magnkarl

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I don't need that to support my point. In fact totally disregard it and you still have thousands of pieces of evidence to support my point.

You still pointed a fake photo posted by an account from a country that is 100 times worse than Israel to try to say that somehow Israeli artillerymen are writing badly worded Hebrew on shells, when as far as I gather that is not the case unless you can get your picture verified.

The media you've just posted from is so full of shit from both sides that it should be avoided full stop. And a lot of people on both sides would do well to do some source checking before using this as ammunition in any debate or demonstration.

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

You still pointed a fake photo posted by an account from a country that is 100 times worse than Israel to try to say that somehow Israeli artillerymen are writing badly worded Hebrew on shells, when as far as I gather that is not the case unless you can get your picture verified.

The media you've just posted from is so full of shit from both sides that it should be avoided full stop. And a lot of people on both sides would do well to do some source checking before using this as ammunition in any debate or demonstration.

I see Israel and Iran as two sides of the same coin

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

and the officer has been charged with murder

Sean Fitzgerald, Coventry 2019. Still no charges 4 years later. It happens, there are lots of incidents where unarmed people are shot by police and the officer is not convicted.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

I see Israel and Iran as two sides of the same coin

In some regards, maybe. In other regards, not at all.

One out of the two countries stone women for dancing, hang gay people from cranes in the market and has a religious police that beats women to death if they dress wrong. It isn't Israel. That's before you start looking at what Iran does abroad, the deaths inflicted by Iranian militias abroad (including Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis, Kata’ib Hizballah, PIJ, Al Ashtar Brigades, Saraya Al Mukhtar ++++) makes the IDF's invasion of Gaza look like boy scout activity. That's not to say that the IDF isn't doing horrible things.

Just the Houthi 'rebellion' (read Islamist terror brought on by Iran) alone is in some circles considered to be directly responsible for over 250.000 dead Yemeni. 

Edited by magnkarl

46 minutes ago, bickster said:

Sean Fitzgerald, Coventry 2019. Still no charges 4 years later. It happens, there are lots of incidents where unarmed people are shot by police and the officer is not convicted.

Personally I think it's a bit off to compare the integrity of UK police officers with members of the IDF.

16 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Personally I think it's a bit off to compare the integrity of UK police officers with members of the IDF.

I'm not, you've made that up, no integrity has been questioned. The point is unarmed civilians get shot by the police/military and not punished for it, here and in other countries. It is not  something that is exclusively happening in Israel and it is not as you claimed in your initial post.

Your statement was incorrect.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â