Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

It's crazy isn't it. They have always lived there to a smaller or greater extent. That's where Jews are originally from.

Actually all peoples there are predated by the existence of an Irish pub

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Not really true though. There's been Jews in the area for as long as you can trace history.

Here, from the official consensus of Romans, Brits, Ottomans or whatever.

image.png.a1e5a080cc8af6bd5af57d451cb56d55.png

Or before then, from Persian records:

image.png.fcfda1c8350610e847c70565cc0c0889.png

It's a huge misconception that there wasn't Jews there when WW2 was finished, one often pushed by Arab nations such as Iran and Syria to justify having murder of Jews in their constitutions. Add to it that Islam and Christianity has had a habit of forced conversion (belive in Jesus/Allah or die!), the figures likely have huge grey areas.

So am I right in saying Jewish were there first. Romans defeated them and then it was a Christian country?

Whilst there's no difference in the outcome, there is a difference between shooting and beheading. Decapitation is more brutal and ritualistic. Which in turn dehumanises the perpetrators and justifies a more brutal response.

I've been wary of the allegation because it's so cartoonishly evil and it doesn't really make sense. It could be true - Hamas are a terrorist organisation and they do have a hatred of Israelis, and the conflict has gotten nasty in recent times. But I don't think it is. The report comes from a single IDF soldier, who is allegedly quite anti-Palestinian and of a settler background, and no-one else will confirm it independently. The Hamas attack was about moving quickly and striking decisively - they wouldn't have wasted the time to specifically ritualistically murder babies when shooting achieves the same thing and is much faster.

I suspect this is a classic example of atrocity propaganda and the media has swallowed it hook line and sinker. The problem here is, if it's not true as I suspect, they've actually undermined the horror of what happened by focusing on garish details rather than the plain but horrific facts, which get lost in the desire to disgust, and questions their credibility.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

So am I right in saying Jewish were there first. Romans defeated them and then it was a Christian country?

I suspect the first people there were not of any particular modern religion or race, but rather any of the ancient tribes inhabiting the area.

It's one of the regions which hosted most of early human history together with Egypt/Ethiopia and the Great Rift Valley, so that debate is not really one to have.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Whilst there's no difference in the outcome, there is a difference between shooting and beheading. Decapitation is more brutal and ritualistic.

You could argue that someone sitting in front of a computer is Kentucky or Virginia, and pressing buttons from half a world away to kill innocent people from a drone (or as they say, target ''neutralised''), in a democratically driven process of governance, is even more cold blooded and sinister. 

Now, I'm not gonna make that argument. It's not a competitions of what's worse.

But, I do have a huge dislike for both options. 

Edited by Mic09

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Is it particularly important if the babies were beheaded or shot or stabbed? Whatever the method, it seems clear a lot of innocent children were murdered.

It's for the purposes of propaganda. Because yes we may bomb the hell out of children (which presumably decapitates them mind you), but we're not barbarians who behead them. 

11 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Netanyahu has uploaded the baby images to his official x account. It was true after all. This world is so messed up

It may very well be true which is just horrific. Although I would not take the word of a Netanyahu who's facing trial for breach of trust, accepting bribes, and fraud as the gospel of truth.

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Handle- @IsraeliPM

Thank you (I guess) I'd looked at his own account rather than the 'Office of' account. It's a small and pointless point, but there's still no beheading - not that there needs to be, it's an absolutely horrific crime and incredibly saddening.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Thank you (I guess) I'd looked at his own account rather than the 'Office of' account. It's a small and pointless point, but there's still no beheading - not that there needs to be, it's an absolutely horrific crime and incredibly saddening.

It's also pretty hollow coming from him given that I'm sure he's already done this same crime in retaliation but x10.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â