Israel, Palestine and Iran (and Lebanon)

Swerbs

49 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bellingcat's Eliot Higgins reposted the below - implying the raw footage is accurate and real, despite how it has been packaged. 

This tweeter is a senior journalist at BBC verify - also adding -

That Owen Jones (lol) and BBC Verify (massive lol) are presenting FAFO as some dude with a CV like a Swiss Army knife, and not a mainstay of Hamas media, is hilariously on brand.

It’s hard to believe anyone would be genuinely taken in by it, but if they were, I wish them continued luck with crossing the street successfully. 

BA7F9E9A-83E7-4461-90D0-87FC3B46C2E8.jpeg

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Awol said:

That Owen Jones (lol) and BBC Verify (massive lol) are presenting FAFO as some dude with a CV like a Swiss Army knife, and not a mainstay of Hamas media, is hilariously on brand.

It’s hard to believe anyone would be genuinely taken in by it, but if they were, I wish them continued luck with crossing the street successfully. 

BA7F9E9A-83E7-4461-90D0-87FC3B46C2E8.jpeg

I’m definitely going with bbc verify and bellingcat.

Tablet Magazine, your link, how would you describe their journalism in comparison to bbc verify or bellingcat? 

Edited by Jareth

Are we still believing Israel after everything they have done? I’m not just talking about the last 12 months either. Time and time again they lie and deceive. They murder and break international law. The number of kids who have been shot by a sniper, the hospitals bombed (remember people trying to argue about the first hospital bombed and blaming Hamas - lol), the refugee camps bombed, the schools bombed, the people waving white flags. I could go on. You have to little or no logic to your thought process to be oh it’s just another crisis actor or it’s faked. Never mind not even considering the other videos of the same incident. Never mind the numerous eye witnesses or reputable news outlets. Everything Israel says Hamas does it’s done 10x over. It’s like an evil version of whoever smelt it dealt it. 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

I’m definitely going with bbc verify and bellingcat.

Tablet Magazine, your link, how would you describe their journalism in comparison to bbc verify or bellingcat? 

I mean every single one of those pictures is debunked or proven otherwise in my other post. 

Regardless the evidence against Israel is overwhelming 

Things seem to have taken a turn for the worse over the last week or so, with Israel now seeming to be completely out of control.

It feels like we're approaching a point where something has to give, I'm not sure how it will fit in with the US election timelines, but you'd have to think that the point at which the world can no longer sit on its hands is coming soon.

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Are Hamas still even operational at this point?

Unfortunately/fortunately you cannot ever destroy freedom fighters/terrorists.  

They just bleed into the general population and wait their chance. 

The Russians couldn't defeat the brave Afghan farmers armed with American weapons.  

The US couldn't defeat the evil Afghan drug farmers armed with Russian weapons. 

The Israeli strategy is clear -

The logic is to harm the civilian population so much that they will then turn against the militants, forcing the enemy to sue for peace

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahiya_doctrine

Arguably this has not worked in Gaza. And the byproduct is the complete destruction of a civilian population. And now to Lebanon, where this doctrine was born less than two decades ago.

1. Terrorist/freedom fighter commits terrorist act killing 12 innocent people. 

2. Oppressor kills 12 innocent people in retaliation.  

3. More people become terrorists.  If they do nothing they might be killed for no reason. 

I fight you because you attacked me.  It works both ways.  

6 hours ago, Jareth said:

The Israeli strategy is clear -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahiya_doctrine

Arguably this has not worked in Gaza. And the byproduct is the complete destruction of a civilian population. And now to Lebanon, where this doctrine was born less than two decades ago.

Imagine that, in the wake of the 1974 Birmingham pub bombings, the British government's response was to carpet bomb Dublin... 

21 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Imagine that, in the wake of the 1974 Birmingham pub bombings, the British government's response was to carpet bomb Dublin... 

A simplistic take on two groups of people having a slugging match since 1947.

Even though the popular opinion is mostly that Palestinians are oh so innocent they really aren't. Neither are the Israelis.

Both sides are beyond the pale at this point, just that Israel has invested in air defenses while Hamas\Hezbollah and Iran invests their money in rockets and Shaheds. Other than that they (See Likud and Iranian militias) preach the same lunacy. This won't magically end even if the US gets Israel to stop, we've learnt that from the countless times Palestinian/Arab organisations have attacked Israel and vice versa.

People need to stop furthering either side's victim mentality, this blind support of either side props these conflicts up for generations. The UN needs to consider what it is they are furthering, because as of now we're just prolonging the suffering by making an entire people dependent on aid handed out by UN sponsored terrorist organisations. UNIFIL's mandate failed, UNRWA's mandate failed, the Oslo Accords failed (due to both sides being idiots), Gaza as an autonomous region failed, Israel's last election shows a slide towards failure (electing Likud and their right wing lunatic partners) and the West Bank is now controlled by resident Dictator Mahmoud Abbas, sitting in his aid-money sponsored villa in Ramallah in his umpteenth year as an unelected 'President'. 

The thing is, I don't really see any spark of how things would be better even without Israel either, the region as a whole has a habit of perpetual violence, insurgency and fundamentalism. Israel is but a small part of the issue that makes Pal-Arabs suffer, take your pick between Iran\Syria\Hezbollah\PIJ\Hamas\PA\UAE\Oman\SA and you'll find hundreds of thousands of Palestinians used as cannon fodder\human slaves\regime enforcers and ethnic cleansing machines.

Walking in support of either group at this point is not the medicine this region needs. It needs to put down the blood feud. Just as Jews rightly can be angry about Jordan kicking their great grandparents out of East Jerusalem and the WB during the occupation, Arabs can rightly be angry about the same in Israel - and the cycle continues.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Awol said:

IDF think they might have killed Sinwar. 

The leader of Hamas?   Would this change the war in any way?  Or does he just get replaced by the next in command and everything carries on as before? 

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

The leader of Hamas?   Would this change the war in any way?  Or does he just get replaced by the next in command and everything carries on as before? 

If confirmed it will be a blow to the terrorists morale, but I’d be surprised if the remainder of them decided to release their hostages and give up as a result. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â