Israel, Palestine and Iran (and Lebanon)

Swerbs

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

The issue with the Middle East is everyone is ultimately a bastard. There are no good guys.

Some folks god promised them exclusive land deals 3000 years ago, but with no signed paperwork. He then rocked up 1500 years later and gave the same land to some other folks, again without leaving any signed paperwork. Then in the last hundred years or so, the British Empire basically did the same thing.

It’s a bit of a mess.

I don't profess to be clued up on the history of this conflict and I am genuinely asking so i can have a better understanding but how can nations be standing with Israel when they are killing innocents in the numbers reported below? Link below to a recent Oxfam press release -

https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-releases/more-women-and-children-killed-gaza-israeli-military-any-other-recent-conflict

I was extremely shocked to read the number of children killed in this conflict over recent times. Like I say its a genuine question and I'm not saying Iran are vindicated in their actions.

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't profess to be clued up on the history of this conflict and I am genuinely asking so i can have a better understanding but how can nations be standing with Israel when they are killing innocents in the numbers reported below? Link below to a recent Oxfam press release -

https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-releases/more-women-and-children-killed-gaza-israeli-military-any-other-recent-conflict

I was extremely shocked to read the number of children killed in this conflict over recent times. Like I say its a genuine question and I'm not saying Iran are vindicated in their actions.

Morally it's unjustifiable and we soil ourselves associating with Israel, but that's not the game that's being played.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Some folks god promised them exclusive land deals 3000 years ago, but with no signed paperwork. He then rocked up 1500 years later and gave the same land to some other folks, again without leaving any signed paperwork. Then in the last hundred years or so, the British Empire basically did the same thing.

It’s a bit of a mess.

It's almost like mistakes may have been made.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s a bit of a mess.

that god, she really needs to find time between causing floods, plagues, kicking people out of their lands, etc... and find some time to sit down and do the paperwork. 

38 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Any reasonable perspective without skin in the game agrees with you. Unfortunately the UK does what the US tells it to. And the US does what Israel wants. So we are stuck, as a slightly feeble member of an alliance with absolutely no influence over anybody. It's a bit part in a shit black comedy. It's not what I would vote for but we don't get a choice. I hope and pray that changes in the near future. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â