Israel, Palestine and Iran (and Lebanon)

Swerbs

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep, just the same as in April. I presume Jordan and the US will also be assisting the Israelis as last time too

Reports at least one Iranian missile dropped short and impacted in Jordan. Not seen news on casualties. Jordanian airspace now closed too - but Iranian airspace isn’t! Sneaky. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Another step closer to WW3? It feels like it's all going to come to a head at some point in the not so distant future. 

WW3 is a proxy war that started over a decade ago

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Another step closer to WW3? It feels like it's all going to come to a head at some point in the not so distant future. 

I keep thinking surely common sense will prevail, but common sense seems to be in short supply in the Middle East at times.

Apples and oranges, a different situation, but the war in Yugoslavia rumbled on for about four years until the Srebrenica Massacre and the US/Western European powers intervened.

Edited by AJG23

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Iran's statement is sort of "we've told you now, so behave". I have a feeling that expecting Netanyahu to agree to that is somewhat optimistic.

That's been Iran's position officially for a while, because they don't want a gloves off war. But they also can't not respond, so they tend to make symbolic attacks back with a statement that boils down to 'now pack it in', but everyone knows it's pointless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wonder what the retaliation strike will look like. 

Retaliation for the retaliation for the retaliation for the retaliation for the retaliation for the retaliation for the retaliation...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

200 missiles and no reported deaths. Unreal technology.

Iran fired 300 in April and barely did any damage then either. They must know it’s going to have minimal impact aside from doing “something”.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Iran fired 300 in April and barely did any damage then either. They must know it’s going to have minimal impact aside from doing “something”.

Reports are that they’ve destroyed approx. 20 fighter jets

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

I’m confused as to why Israel wants to pick a fight with Iran, as well as Hezbollah in Lebanon and Palestine… surely they can’t handle that? 

Iran funds the Houthi’s, Hezbollah and Hamas. Provides them with weaponry and uses their militants to target Israel. I’m fairly sure Israel would prefer not to have to fight Iran but they destabilise the whole region.

(Depending on your view of the whole situation). 

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’m confused as to why Israel wants to pick a fight with Iran, as well as Hezbollah in Lebanon and Palestine… surely they can’t handle that? 

They are untouchable. The US are 1000% on their side.

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Reports are that they’ve destroyed approx. 20 fighter jets

If the IAF left 20 fighter aircraft nicely lined up to receive an Iranian ballistic missile strike I’d be a little surprised. 

• Like 1

There’s an awful lot of disinformation out there. Images of lots of rockets hitting Israel are actually reversed videos of Israeli defensive launches taking off 

35 minutes ago, Tayls said:

There's not a cheque Israel can write that America won't back.

As for why, well...

Israel views Iran as an existential threat to them. Iran backs Hamas and Hezbollah. 

Israel has various other reasons for wanting a war - opportunity to attempt to eliminate their opponents (which they can't do but never mind), which has presented itself on various fronts, as well things like Netanyahu facing prosecution which he's distracting and distancing from through the strongman act...

Is this all going to make anything better? **** no. But who cares.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â