Israel, Palestine and Iran (and Lebanon)

Swerbs

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

Do Israel really have the resources to fight all these groups on their doorstep at the same time, and keep the people at home safe?

The citizens of the US aren’t happy about arming Ukraine, are they going to be ok with billions going to Israel too? 

The US would rather starve than see Israel not have the resources it needs to murder people

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Flights now diverting from Iranian airspace. Rumours earlier from US sources that Iran is prepping a ballistic missile strike on Israel, IAF jets targeted the air defence network in southern Syria, and there’s tankers and C2 aircraft aloft around Israel. It appears things may go up another level this evening. 

31 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Loads of folks just been shot in Tel Aviv. The current strategy is not making Israel safer. 

It's insane to think it will. It'll heat up and heat up. 

More generations of hate being made. It will never end. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Loads of folks just been shot in Tel Aviv. The current strategy is not making Israel safer. 

As if that was the end goal. 

This whole situation is really starting to get out of hand, to put it mildly. I don’t know what it’s going to take to put an end to this or at least start to de-escalate the tensions. The whole thing is just starting to snowball at an alarming rate.

Edited by AJG23
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AJG23 said:

This whole situation is really starting to get out of hand, to put it mildly. I don’t know what it’s going to take to put an end to this or at least start to de-escalate the tensions. The whole thing is just starting to snowball at an alarming rate.

Israel seem to be ramping it up every day. They need to stand down to cool the tension.

Israeli strikes in southern Syria on the air defence network was presumably to clear the outbound corridor (Syria-Iraq-Iran) for return airstrikes later today. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Israel seem to be ramping it up every day. They need to stand down to cool the tension.

Think I wrote in this thread shortly after 7th of October that Israel would likely follow a three phase response: destroy Hamas, then Hezbollah, then the Iranian nuclear programme. I’m still confident in that assessment. Israel doesn’t want to deescalate, it wants to remove the nuclear threat. 

I love the ‘escalate to de-escalate’ that Israel presented a week or 2 back. It's just fantastic Orwellian newspeak for "War"

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Iran's statement is sort of "we've told you now, so behave". I have a feeling that expecting Netanyahu to agree to that is somewhat optimistic.

Yes, he's got to show just how safe he can make Israel now. 

19 minutes ago, AJG23 said:

Agreed, and the worrying thing is there are no global style statesmen to come up with any resolutions. 

Almost all leaders of all Countries worldwide exhibit no real international standing or respect.

Not sure where all this is going to end, except create another generation of hatred on all sides.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

I sometimes wonder if Israel have decided to go on the offensive and almost get their retaliation in first. The bear was poked last October and they have responded aggressively.

Just want to say I am neutral on this subject, I think like most people I want to see some measure of peaceful solution. I don’t lean either way, I just try and call it as I see it. There is fault on both sides, no question and we can argue all day long on the intricacies of it all, but if all the involved parties don’t stand down sooner rather than later it’s worrying to say the least about where this whole situation will end.

Edited by AJG23

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I hope out little Island and Starmer don't start to flex his bingo wings. Keep out of this one, we don't want to risk more terrorism thankyou very much.

We had a tanker up from Akrotiri in Cyprus a few hours ago, presumably topping off the tanks of RAF Typhoons flying in defence of Israeli airspace. 

• Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

We had a tanker up from Akrotiri in Cyprus a few hours ago, presumably topping off the tanks of RAF Typhoons flying in defence of Israeli airspace. 

Yep, just the same as in April. I presume Jordan and the US will also be assisting the Israelis as last time too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Do Israel really have the resources to fight all these groups on their doorstep at the same time, and keep the people at home safe?

The citizens of the US aren’t happy about arming Ukraine, are they going to be ok with billions going to Israel too

People on the street? By and large, no

The people who appropriate said billions? Hell yeah 🙄🤬

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â