Israel, Palestine and Iran (and Lebanon)

Swerbs

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its pretty well known, its in Hezbollah's charter in black and white

The destruction of Israel

Yes, but maybe there is a way to change that by acting differently. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Some of the less radical ones maybe.

When you’re dealing with ultra radicalised fascists - and make no mistake that’s what some of these people are - there’s unfortunately no way to change some of them.

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How? Its pretty much the only reason they exist. They are a minority Iranian proxy party in Lebanon trying to turn the country into Iran II

The destruction of Israel is pretty fundamental to their existence

There isn't a way to change that, acting differently will have no effect

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Some of the less radical ones maybe.

When you’re dealing with ultra radicalised fascists - and make no mistake that’s what some of these people are - there’s unfortunately no way to change some of them.

And the ones currently leading Israel are just as far gone. And while Hezbollah are supported by the rocket polishers in Iran their Israeli counterpart are supported by the religious right in the US  who believes that Jesus will come back ones we have a Greater Israel or some such nonsense. Great stuff all around.

Hezbollah didn’t arrive from the clouds for no reason. Hezbollah was formed as a resistance to the last Israeli invasion and occupation of southern Lebanon. That it hates Israel comes from its roots as a resistance. That Israel had to invade Lebanon tells us the previous resistance was playing up with an exiled PLO.

It’s layers of an onion, with both sides equally guilty of terror tactics on the other. Neither can claim to be an innocent party.

Neither side are mature enough yet to realise that you can’t kill millions of people so you need to find an alternative way of doing things.

The orphans of Gaza and Lebanon will become the resistance in 8 years time. They will get funding from our oil rich enemies. They will kill innocent Israeli children and commit atrocities. Israel will retaliate as a U.S. funded industrial military force. Under cover of this they will steal land and homes and businesses. We can all go around one more time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Hezbollah didn’t arrive from the clouds for no reason. Hezbollah was formed as a resistance to the last Israeli invasion and occupation of southern Lebanon. That it hates Israel comes from its roots as a resistance. That Israel had to invade Lebanon tells us the previous resistance was playing up with an exiled PLO.

It’s layers of an onion, with both sides equally guilty of terror tactics on the other. Neither can claim to be an innocent party.

Neither side are mature enough yet to realise that you can’t kill millions of people so you need to find an alternative way of doing things.

The orphans of Gaza and Lebanon will become the resistance in 8 years time. They will get funding from our oil rich enemies. They will kill innocent Israeli children and commit atrocities. Israel will retaliate as a U.S. funded industrial military force. Under cover of this they will steal land and homes and businesses. We can all go around one more time.

What will be interesting is what happens when the oil money runs out. It's going to happen in 20 to 30 years. Regardless of environmental considerations electric power is just going to take over because it's far cheaper and much better.  As soon as batteries are more power intensive than gasoline they'll start to take over most things, especially with electric motors being significantly cheaper and much cheaper and easier to maintain. 

We're probably looking at peak oil next year already and I've a feeling it will slide a lot quicker than people think.

Who funds all these wars then? And what interest will remain for The West in them then as well? 

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What will be interesting is what happens when the oil money runs out. It's going to happen in 20 to 30 years. Regardless of environmental considerations electric power is just going to take over because it's far cheaper and much better.  As soon as batteries are more power intensive than gasoline they'll start to take over most things, especially with electric motors being significantly cheaper and much cheaper and easier to maintain. 

We're probably looking at peak oil next year already and I've a feeling it will slide a lot quicker than people think.

Who funds all these wars then? And what interest will remain for The West in them then as well? 

Not sure oil prices or oil are going to do much

What's damning for Israel is that they're showing perfectly well that they can take out leadership like Sinwar and Nasrallah if they want to. I'm sure they'd get a fairly big OK from almost everyone if they decapitated Hamas with walkie-talkies and bombs against the leadership rather than leveling Gaza.

I'm simplifying, but Israel is capable, I'm just not sure if the will is there to fight things honorably anymore - at least not with the current leadership. When someone goes low, they match their vile terrorist enemies with a ferocity that should make most people's moral compass spin. Israel is likely too important as a lynchpin for the West in the region, and their enemies are our enemies. It's starting to feel like working with Tito.

On 27/09/2024 at 17:16, Wainy316 said:

Israel bombardment seems to have totally destroyed a Hezbollah bunker.

Many speculating that Hassan Nasrallah will have likely been killed.

So it’s been confirmed that they did kill him.  Impressive work from Israel. 

Purely from a technical and logistical viewpoint (ignore any morals and ethics for a minute), I have been amazed and impressed at what Israel have achieved over the past couple of weeks.  

Mind-blowing how powerful Israel are, could any other country like the USA, UK, Germany, China do what Israel have done?

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Purely from a technical and logistical viewpoint (ignore any morals and ethics for a minute), I have been amazed and impressed at what Israel have achieved over the past couple of weeks.  

Mind-blowing how powerful Israel are, could any other country like the USA, UK, Germany, China do what Israel have done?

Yes. Easily. 

The difference is Israel are the only one with the means, reason and carte blanche to do it.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

such a shame they've learned how to do this now, think of all the innocent people who could have been spared in other parts.I bet the leaders of certain regimes are back to communicating with smoke signals, just in case. 

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Yes. Easily. 

The difference is Israel are the only one with the means, reason and carte blanche to do it.

That’s a good point I didn’t think of. You’re right, no-one else with this capability would have the motive and the ‘drive’ to actually do it. 

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Hezbollah named Kassan Khalil Yassin as its new leader this afternoon - someone who one week ago didn’t qualify for a company pager. 

He’s already dead. 

Jedi levels. 

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Hezbollah named Kassan Khalil Yassin as its new leader this afternoon - someone who one week ago didn’t qualify for a company pager. 

He’s already dead. 

Jedi levels. 

I think we’re all living inside a computer game and the ‘god/alien’ playing Israel’s character just typed in a cheat code.

Mossad is likely the best in the world at what we're now seeing in Lebanon. It's just a shame that they totally let it slip with Hamas, then a lot of people would've been spared. They've got 80 odd years of experience at totally decapitating organisations like this, or hidden networks of nazis, jihadis etc.

But I also suspect that Hamas were much more entrenched than Nasrallah and his team, Hezbollah hasn't controlled all of Lebanon and certainly not Beirut, they're one of a few big players. It's a different thing.

Assad must be ¤#%%& himself.

No doubt in my mind that Israel wanted to raze Gaza and punish the people living there. Teach them a sadistic lesson and move the boarders a bit further.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â