Israel, Palestine and Iran (and Lebanon)

Swerbs

On 19/09/2024 at 11:03, magnkarl said:

I think you need to be careful with how pious you're acting on this, because as it stands you're condemning Israel no matter what they do, even if it's a surgical strike they get criticised. People have said 'I'd be perfectly okay with Israel going after leaders and terrorists', but when they do the same people often chant 'genocide' before they even know what's going on.

I don't feel it's pious. I'm concerned about where Netanyahu is leading the west. The only strategy I can see that Israel has now is to provoke the US into confronting Iran and its proxies - Oct 7th and the reaction to that is in the past, the hostages written off - we're now looking at a war hungry regime who will break any rules and act alone to get the bigger conflict that it wants. I can't get on board with that, including not clapping the pager thing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

I don't feel it's pious. I'm concerned about where Netanyahu is leading the west. The only strategy I can see that Israel has now is to provoke the US into confronting Iran and its proxies - Oct 7th and the reaction to that is in the past, the hostages written off - we're now looking at a war hungry regime who will break any rules and act alone to get the bigger conflict that it wants. I can't get on board with that, including not clapping the pager thing. 

It’s not the first and won’t be the last time the West’s bedfellows act out.

For those of us born before 1980 there’s the contras, Pinochet, Samozoas, Guatemala and so forth.

At this point I think we’re more of a calming influence on Israel than the other way around. Here’s to Benny getting sent to jail soon, and Hezbollah, Iran’s priesthood and Hamas all getting thrown on the dumpster of history.

• Like 2

I think I outlined where I'm coming from in the previous post but Lebanon is not Gaza. No hostages are helped by obliterating little girls in Lebanon. Wow it is time for the US to stop Netanyahu one way or another. 

12 hours ago, Jareth said:

I think I outlined where I'm coming from in the previous post but Lebanon is not Gaza. No hostages are helped by obliterating little girls in Lebanon. Wow it is time for the US to stop Netanyahu one way or another. 

Israel wouldn’t not react to Hezbollah with another PM either. You seem to forget Hezbollahs constant rocketing of Israel for years on end. This would likely have happened either way.

• Like 2

On 22/09/2024 at 11:52, magnkarl said:

Israel wouldn’t not react to Hezbollah with another PM either. You seem to forget Hezbollahs constant rocketing of Israel for years on end. This would likely have happened either way.

It's not any old PM reacting though is it. It's one who needs perpetual war so that he can stay out of prison. A different PM may not be soon wanted for war crimes either. 

• Like 1

On 23/09/2024 at 20:15, Genie said:

Exactly, similar to Putin they don’t want to put that label on it for some reason.

Because it plays better to their infantile supporters who walk the streets of London in support of groups in Lebanon who essentially overthrew one of the last democracies in the Middle East and is committing horrible ethnic cleansing on a quickly disappearing Christian minority in Lebanon. In any other group of people the PLO would be held accountable for ethnic cleansing and widespread war crimes for what they did in Lebanon.

Better to frame lobbing Iranian Jihadi missiles at other nations as 'resistance'. Weirdly the sons and daughters of people who fled Lebanon in Australia are now out in force protesting for the same powers that made their parents flee the country in the 70s and 80's. Pro-Palestinians (in general) have a very short memory.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 2

America isn't going to let Israel come to harm, even if that harm is provoked. Israel is party of a bigger game that goes beyond nationalism or self determination. As a result Israel essentially gets to pursue it's own agenda with abandon, even if the Americans don't like it. They're playing a different sport.

18 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Israel bombardment seems to have totally destroyed a Hezbollah bunker.

Many speculating that Hassan Nasrallah will have likely been killed.

Great news hopefully a bunch more dirty terrorists got it too. They had it coming. Let’s hope no innocents were harmed but given how these people operate he was probably surrounded by women and children as human shields and that definitely wouldn’t have deterred the IDF.

18 hours ago, Chindie said:

I predict this will definitely end Hezbollah. Definitely.

They can't see the insanity of it. Visiting more violence in response to violence never ever solves anything. They are generating more hate, they are worsening their situation with each strike. 

Maybe find out why Hezbolla want to keep lobbing missiles at them instead. Hearts and minds win the day. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â