Israel, Palestine and Iran (and Lebanon)

Swerbs

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Is this those in Israel, Gaza or an average of the 2?

Gaza. Haaretz the Israeli newspaper have gone through the list Israel published and I believe there was 1 child murdered under 5. So not sure where this 40 babies beheaded story came from.

Trigger warning - this video honestly just broke me. But we have to watch them as it does a dishonour to what these people are doing and we need to be witnesses to the genocide that’s happening  https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzmWnAjulCa/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

8 hours ago, omariqy said:

Gaza. Haaretz the Israeli newspaper have gone through the list Israel published and I believe there was 1 child murdered under 5. So not sure where this 40 babies beheaded story came from.

Trigger warning - this video honestly just broke me. But we have to watch them as it does a dishonour to what these people are doing and we need to be witnesses to the genocide that’s happening  https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzmWnAjulCa/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

So I’m sure you’ll quote where Haaretz gave that information then, because just from the little harrowing videos from Hamas bodycams that I have seen you can see one of them shooting up a room with three kids clearly under 5, and there’s evidence of burnt cribs full of blood. In fact, in the kibbutz where the daughter of a British family I know well was killed and burnt to hide rape and torture, there were at least 7 kids under 5 who are missing, whilst another 3 have been identified. 

Given the propensity of your sources so far, I’m not sure you’re quoting said newspaper right.

Edited by magnkarl

Here you go. Apologies it was one child under 3 years old not 5. I mis read it. But here is the full list and shows the number of army personnel too.

Approximately 1,200 Israelis, civilians and soldiers were killed in their homes, communities and in confronting Hamas terrorists. Here are the officially confirmed names of Israel's dead in the atrocities of October 7 and the subsequent Israel-Hamas war…..

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-10-19/ty-article-magazine/israels-dead-the-names-of-those-killed-in-hamas-massacres-and-the-israel-hamas-war/0000018b-325c-d450-a3af-7b5cf0210000

Edited by blandy
Extract added

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

So I’m sure you’ll quote where Haaretz gave that information then, because just from the little harrowing videos from Hamas bodycams that I have seen you can see one of them shooting up a room with three kids clearly under 5, and there’s evidence of burnt cribs full of blood. In fact, in the kibbutz where the daughter of a British family I know well was killed and burnt to hide rape and torture, there were at least 7 kids under 5 who are missing, whilst another 3 have been identified. 

Given the propensity of your sources so far, I’m not sure you’re quoting said newspaper right.

It was one source that was bad. Don’t diminish the rest by that one source. I will now spend my time on here posting everything from first hand sources so you can see for yourself the devastation being caused. Also please make sure never to quote any official Israeli source as we’ve seen time and time again how they lie. I’ve just seen Israeli soldiers trying to pretend an Arabic calendar was a list of Hamas hostage takers. 

19 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Here you go. Apologies it was one child under 3 years old not 5. I mis read it. But here is the full list and shows the number of army personnel too.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-10-19/ty-article-magazine/israels-dead-the-names-of-those-killed-in-hamas-massacres-and-the-israel-hamas-war/0000018b-325c-d450-a3af-7b5cf0210000

This sentence stands out in that article:

This list of 1165 names will be continuously updated with names that have been cleared for publication.

For example, the British Jewish family from Southampton that have lost their daughter in this attack have chosen not to let media publicise her name. The same goes for many other parents. If you have a scroll through the list you'll see that it is almost completely wiped of people under 18. That doesn't mean that there were no victims under that age, which you seem to apply to your argument. The list you've posted also includes military fallen since the invasion started, so you're nowhere near the 1400 or so that were killed in that first terrorist attack.

Before you draw conclusions, please consider the possibility that whatever you think because of the horrible things that are going on in Gaza might paint your perception of Oct 7th. 

The thoughts that seem to creep in for some people is that 'ah, it was just x kids under 5, it's not so bad, look at Gaza!' All kids and civilians dying in war is bad, no matter where they are from.

Edited by magnkarl

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

This sentence stands out in that article:

For example, the British Jewish family from Southampton that have lost their daughter in this attack have chosen not to let media publicise her name. The same goes for many other parents. If you have a scroll through the list you'll see that it is almost completely wiped of people under 18. That doesn't mean that there were no victims under that age, which you seem to apply to your argument. The list you've posted also includes military fallen since the invasion started, so you're nowhere near the 1400 or so that were killed in that first terrorist attack.

Before you draw conclusions, please consider the possibility that whatever you think because of the horrible things that are going on in Gaza might paint your perception of Oct 7th. 

The thoughts that seem to creep in for some people is that 'ah, it was just x kids under 5, it's not so bad, look at Gaza!' All kids dying in war is bad, no matter where they are from.

I completely agree. I’ve always seen one human life being equal to another human life. As we’ve seen that isn’t the case for the Israeli establishment. That’s all I’ve been trying to paint.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, omariqy said:

You do seem to like spreading fake news twitter accounts, this account, after doing some digging, is one of the worst of them all:

You can read about him here:

Clicky

A video went viral on around social media, showing some security forces treating a young child quite harshly, causing the child to cry. However, a propagandist journalist named Sulaiman Ahmed, who is known for spreading biased information, shared the viral video and claimed that “Israeli IOF forces armed with rifles arrest 3-year-old children.” It is clear from his words that he is suggesting that this incident happened recently during the ongoing conflict between Israel and Palestine.

Your Haaertz article doesn't say that zero babies were killed, as your propagandist suggests. It simply lists people killed, with over 400 people missing from the list. It also doesn't say what he implies over and over about the IDF killing Israelis.

A hot tip would be to stop basing anything off information or hot takes from either sides propagandists on Twitter. It's a soup of disinformation and propaganda that is almost impossible to figure out since Elon took over.

Edited by magnkarl

12 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I completely agree. I’ve always seen one human life being equal to another human life. As we’ve seen that isn’t the case for the Israeli establishment. That’s all I’ve been trying to paint.

It really doesn't seem so when you post claims made by someone who's fact checking history is as bad as this source. What is it that you want to imply by posting his take and paraphrasing of an article that doesn't say what he's implying?

Edited by magnkarl

15 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

You do seem to like spreading fake news twitter accounts, this account, after doing some digging, is one of the worst of them all:

You can read about him here:

Clicky

Your Haaertz article doesn't say that zero babies were killed, as your propagandist suggests. It simply lists people killed, with over 400 people missing from the list. It also doesn't say what he implies over and over about the IDF killing Israelis.

A hot tip would be to stop basing anything off information or hot takes from either sides propagandists on Twitter. It's a soup of disinformation and propaganda that is almost impossible to figure out since Elon took over.

I mean several Kibbutz survivors have said it haven’t they?

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I mean several Kibbutz survivors have said it haven’t they?

Again, do you have a source for this, other than from accounts proudly posting Hamas banners and saying 'Hamas killed no babies!'?

Edited by magnkarl

10 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

It really doesn't seem so when you post claims made by someone who's fact checking history is as bad as this source. What is it that you want to imply by posting his take and paraphrasing of an article that doesn't say what he's implying?

I am trying to imply that the Israeli government is far right and intent on ethnically cleansing Gaza. Time and time again Israeli ministers have called for the annihilation of them and the destruction of Gaza. Here Israel’s ambassador saying she has zero sympathy for the Palestinians

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CznglnjCiUd/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Again, do you have a source for this, other than from accounts proudly posting Hamas banners and saying 'Hamas killed no babies!'?

I posted the radio interview of one survivor Yasmin Porat above 

6 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I am trying to imply that the Israeli government is far right and intent on ethnically cleansing Gaza. Time and time again Israeli ministers have called for the annihilation of them and the destruction of Gaza. Here Israel’s ambassador saying she has zero sympathy for the Palestinians

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CznglnjCiUd/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

So in order to do that you've posted a post chain by a known Hamas-propagandist claiming that they killed no babies?

I perfectly agree on Israel's far right idiot government, I'm just conscious that you're being fed absolute BS by accounts who support an Iranian-backed terrorist organisation who's taken several 100 million dollars from Palestinians to buy property abroad and who's body cam footage is widely available online where you can see them committing horrible atrocities.

Stop downplaying it.

Edited by magnkarl

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I posted the radio interview of one survivor Yasmin Porat above 

And her interview adds nuance to one incident on a day where over 40 settlements and towns were attacked. Does that mean Hamas and PIJ killed no babies?

Edited by magnkarl

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I perfectly agree on Israel's far right idiot government, I'm just conscious that you're being fed absolute BS by accounts who support an Iranian-backed terrorist organisation who's taken several 100 million dollars from Palestinians to buy property abroad.

Hamas have been doing very well with the monies, stole form their own, and had Netanyahu sending them cash.

4 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

So in order to do that you've posted a post chain by a known Hamas-propagandist claiming that they killed no babies?

I perfectly agree on Israel's far right idiot government, I'm just conscious that you're being fed absolute BS by accounts who support an Iranian-backed terrorist organisation who's taken several 100 million dollars from Palestinians to buy property abroad.

Apologies obviously I didn’t know who he was and he was just quoting Haaretz. My original point was about the myth of 40 beheaded babies which was peddled by Biden himself who claimed to have seen the pictures. Anyway we are getting lost in the weeds. My overall point is that Israel is intent on committing a genocide and ethically cleansing Gaza and that’s without even talking about the 150 people murdered in the West Bank at the same time where no Hamas exists. So much of the media is influenced by individuals who support the IDF or fund settlements that you can’t rely on them to be unbiased. So you have to go searching for it and I’ll make sure to double check who’s sourcing who

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

And her interview adds nuance to one incident on a day where over 40 settlements and towns were attacked. Does that mean Hamas and PIJ killed no babies?

I didn’t say no babies. I said one under 3 according to Haaretz.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Hamas have been doing very well with the monies, stole form their own, and had Netanyahu sending them cash.

And the EU, and Turkey, and China.

We were all fooled by thinking that it'd go to bettering the life of the average Palestinian in Gaza.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â