The Royal Wedding

NurembergVillan

2 hours ago, 3_Penny_Opera said:

Loving the black grace the royal chump is marrying into.  Shit looks good to me...

.....good on'ya 'Arry.

Welcome back 3PO. All is well I hope!

I just overheard a woman at work telling someone that she decided to go to windsor this weekend as she realised that as she's in her 60s she probably won't be able to see many more royal events.

"I'll hopefully get to the see the queen die and the coronation and that'll be it. I'll probably be in my 90s when Prince George gets married."

"I'LL HOPEFULLY GET TO SEE THE QUEEN DIE". Odd thing for a royalist to say.

Luckily I was on a stag do this weekend so saw absolutely none of the wedding.

To be fair, if the coverage was just of the ceremony then I wouldn't have a problem with it. I have no particular affection for the Royals, but I'm not bothered by them anyway. I can understand why some would be interested in an event like that.

What drives me up the wall is the hours of coverage before an event like this. Some journo walking down the Mall or wherever asking mongs on the street what they think. As if anybody in the entire country gives a tiny shit about Jackie from Middlesbrough coming down for the day with her mom to watch it. It's just the same inane comments over and over again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair, if the coverage was just of the ceremony then I wouldn't have a problem with it. I have no particular affection for the Royals, but I'm not bothered by them anyway. I can understand why some would be interested in an event like that.

What drives me up the wall is the hours of coverage before an event like this. Some journo walking down the Mall or wherever asking mongs on the street what they think. As if anybody in the entire country gives a tiny shit about Jackie from Middlesbrough coming down for the day with her mom to watch it. It's just the same inane comments over and over again.

On Radio 4 on Sunday they had a review of the papers, and one of the guest reviewers was Pat Nevin. He pointed out (with no little disdain), that in the Mail on Sunday, the first FORTY-SIX pages had no news except for coverage of the wedding. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

On Radio 4 on Sunday they had a review of the papers, and one of the guest reviewers was Pat Nevin. He pointed out (with no little disdain), that in the Mail on Sunday, the first FORTY-SIX pages had no news except for coverage of the wedding. 

I thought Nevin made some really good points about the general quality of 'journalism' in this country and the one dimensional reporting on the FA Cup and the wedding etc..

I thought he came over quite well. Even sort of hinting that he felt sorry for British journo's as the public get what the public deserve, because they keep buying this crap.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I noticed that news of the school shooting broke on here about half an hour before it was on Sky News as they were showing some wedding shite and wouldn't break away from it. 

This is America

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq6AObSTEN1__75F5Xp-a

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

One of the things that really annoyed me was that everyone going on about what a perfect couple they are, and how clearly deeply in love they are blah blah blah. You see what they want you to see (as Liam Gallagher once said). Jackie from Middlesbrough, you know absolutely nothing about them as a loving couple or not

On that theme I think it'll fall apart, very British Prince marries divorced mixed race American movie actress who seems to have problems with her own family... I give 5 years MAX.

I was in germany for a bbq and got asked a fair bit about it, women talking about her being a princess and her dress and what have you, they all watched it, i think they were actually disappointed that i didnt have a clue about any of it 

On a side note and totally not ghey...david beckham...still got it aint he, but the thousands of women commenting about him on social media is in no way like the sexist remarks pippa got at the last one, no sir...

Edited by villa4europe
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I noticed that news of the school shooting broke on here about half an hour before it was on Sky News as they were showing some wedding shite and wouldn't break away from it. 

Well you only get a few royal weddings, school shootings are ten-a-penny these days.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

.... is in no way like the sexist remarks pippa got at the last one, no sir...

My mate was a blazer boy steward at Edgbaston at the time Pippa Middleton was dating Alex Loudon who had a brief stint with Warwickshire before retiring and pursuing a career in the City, banking. My mate said Pippa showed up a few times in the players lounge etc and he said she was simply stunning esp in jeans or on one occasion shorts. She was quite a nice bird on the odd time my mate (briefly) spoke to her, not at all up her own....erm...arse. Unbelievably Loudon eventually dumped her as she wasn't marriage material (his words) ?

Edited by mottaloo

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

My mate was a blazer boy steward at Edgbaston at the time Pippa Middleton was dating Alex Loudon who had a brief career with Warwickshire before retiring and pursuing a career in the City, banking. My mate said Pippa showed up a few times in the players lounge etc and he said she was simply stunning esp in jeans or on one occasion shorts. She was quite a nice bird on the odd time my mate (briefly) spoke to her, not at all up her own....erm...arse. Unbelievably Loudon eventually dumped her as she wasn't marriage material (his words) ?

Always get your dump in first. 

(Cue Voinjama reference...) 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â