Pre-match chat

mjmooney

Had a dream we won 4-3. Sure, my friend Stephanie scored the winner, but I’ll take it and an omen nonetheless.

I think this is the biggest game of my Villa career (being one of those millennial types).

• Like 1

This week has dragged. Even the Mrs wants a villa win tomorrow and she doesn't even like football. "You're a grumpy fecker when they lose a normal league game. What are you going to be like tomorrow??" ???

Whatever the outcome it has been an enjoyable season. Praying to McGrath we can do it. 

My 8 week old son had his jabs yesterday so he’s been up all night tonight bless him... but it’s had the added disadvantage that I haven’t even had sleep to speed up the arrival of kick off! Man this is dragging!

• Like 1

So I just learned that my son's Boy Scout community service activity requires a parent to be present and it happens to span the Villa match and Champions League final.   The missus has a Girl Scout activity with my daughter, so I'm SOL.  Seriously pissed off.  Since the match is only available to me via stream, I can't record it and come straight home and watch it.   I'll have to wait for when it's available on replay and I don't think I can keep myself from looking at the result for that long.  On the other hand, like someone else posted earlier on here, Villa have tended to lose more than they win when I watch them the last few years so I might be helping our chances by staying away.  Come on you Villa boys!

Couple of interesting stats from the BBC website:

• The team scoring first in the Championship play-off final has gone on to win promotion on each of the past six occasions in which the final has not been goalless - the last time a team failed to win having scored first was Cardiff City in 2010 against Blackpool.

• Aston Villa have not faced a shot on target in any of their past three halves of football, since a 40th-minute Daniel Ayala header in the first leg of their play-off semi-final (140 minutes in total).

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44178427

Awake already . going to be a long day

Not so nervous now, growing in confidence all the time.

We are The Villa, we are not going to London to see the pigeons  and bring back a fridge magnet.

We are off to Wembley and I expect us to win this and bring back the trophy

because we are The Villa

19 hours ago, dnmacf said:

Tomorrow is going to be tough, more bearable if you’re going, plenty to take your mind off it. Nothing for it other than to get on the beers to pass the time! Would like to remember the match though

Record it and you can watch the bits you can't remember when you get back.;)

10 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Feeling nervous now!

Such a big game - let's hope we do ourselves proud.

The Villa fans will be at Wembley in force tomorrow - let's do our bit and make it feel like a home match.

Let's get ready to rumble!!

34 minutes ago, blunther said:

Had to give up my ticket as my firstborn is gonna be born today hopefully. Plus this. I’m a **** wreck!! If she comes out as the winning penalty goes in I think I might just die. 

Good luck. You can call him or her John in commemoration of today. Or Terry if you prefer?

• Like 1

Whenever I see someone post 'I dreamt about the match last night, and...' I really wonder if they actually did, cos I've never dreamt about a specific football match once in my life. 

Until last night. 

OK, it wasn't at Wembley, in my dream it was the play off semi at Villa Park, but it was against Fulham. 

We lost 1-6.

Don't panic though, I've washed my red trousers, all will be good.