Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

Looks like they've (smartly) binned the Kang stuff for the next Avengers films. We now will be getting Avengers Doomsday and Avengers Secret Wars.

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

The Downey Jr stuff makes me concerned they're going to do alternate universe where Stark was evil. Eugh.

Yeah, I'm glad they're finally bringing Doom to the MCU but it being RDJ just smacks of desperation. Though it has been confirmed he's playing him as Viktor Von Doom not a Stark variant.

Stephen McFeely confirmed as screenwriting Doomsday and Secret Wars.

• Like 1

Can't remember the timeline of when they bought the rights but doom as the big bad was always the best answer 

RDJ does seem a stretch though, it's the kind of thing that 10 years ago you'd have full confidence in them writing a sound explanation but now there's no confidence in them getting it right and if they do get it wrong they might as well just fold the avengers stuff and go full xmen

• Like 1

Downey Jr coming back is a mistake. And it betrays a lack of confidence in what they're doing. 

They needed to bin off the multiverse shit, sacrifice an upcoming project to resolve it and use that as a reset point for a new phase with a true restart end with a true Doom as villain.

• Like 1

I mean, I get it that theres a Stark variant in the comics who becomes Doom. However, Joe Russo specifically said a few times as announcing RDJ "we wanted the world's greatest actor to play Viktor Von Doom" not Dr Doom but his actual name.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Deadpool and Wolverine was exactly what I expected it to be.

Lots of fun but ultimately disposable. 

Exactly my feelings.

On 28/07/2024 at 07:31, mikeyp102 said:

Have to say I’m really disappointed RDJ is coming back. 

The last desperate act of a dead franchise 

I don't like RDJ coming back either and think it's a terrible idea and betrays a lack of confidence, but to call the franchise dead is silly. It literally just released a film that's set a box office record and will easily break a billion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The last desperate act of a dead franchise 

There are many many fans that won’t hear a bad word said against the franchise, they will keep it going and make Disney billions of more money 

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

There are many many fans that won’t hear a bad word said against the franchise, they will keep it going and make Disney billions of more money 

Disney only been losing money and this is their last throw of the dice, if this last desperate attempt fails they'll shelve it or sell it.

22 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Disney only been losing money and this is their last throw of the dice, if this last desperate attempt fails they'll shelve it or sell it.

No chance they have only just purchased  fox characters, they may shelve some of the avengers stuff for a while, but they’ll launch X men and the associated films.

Marvel was bought by Disney for about $4bn in 2009. 15 years later the series has box office takings alone of well over $30bn. Even when it's wobbled it's made bank, and given it licenses into basically every avenue going, and they've not even mined all the IP yet, it may be premature to start wishing it away. Even if it's politically arousing.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â