Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He can't save it from Drax and Mantis, can't work out of she's badly written or a terrible actress

Looking forward to how they use the new character though in the film

Hide contents

Cosmo

You're probably right, it was a bit disappointing overall, especially after all the rave reviews. I think you're correct that Drax and Mantis don't really work when elevated from comic relief to main characters - I get why James Gunn did this and that it could have given them more depth, but ultimately it just reinforced their place in things as the comic relief sidekicks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

You're probably right, it was a bit disappointing overall, especially after all the rave reviews. I think you're correct that Drax and Mantis don't really work when elevated from comic relief to main characters - I get why James Gunn did this and that it could have given them more depth, but ultimately it just reinforced their place in things as the comic relief sidekicks.

The reviews shocked me, come the end with the overall message and what have you it just about pulls itself round but for the first half I thought it was a contender for worst thing marvel have done

I didn't enjoy her weird shouty bits, she's a bad character, written badly and badly acted, Drax wasn't as good as he's been previously, out of the whole gang they're the worst 2 to focus on

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone seen anything on wakanda forever going on disney+?

Was hoping the bump was that, not going to be this week but should be mid Jan or at least soonish 

if their recent timings are still right, it usually takes around 65 - 75 days after the cinematic release so Black Panther: Wakanda Forever could be on Disney+ by mid to late January.

• Like 1

Minimum period for a film to come to Disney+ is 45 days iirc, the max around 70 days. Black Panther 2 being a sequel to a critically and culturally lauded movie and having done pretty well at the box office probably pushes it to the longer end of the 'release window' for Disney+, which given it premiered on November 11th is probably putting the streaming launch around mid-January - January 20th is the 70 day mark and also helps Disney's schedule where January looks bloody thin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

Minimum period for a film to come to Disney+ is 45 days iirc, the max around 70 days. Black Panther 2 being a sequel to a critically and culturally lauded movie and having done pretty well at the box office probably pushes it to the longer end of the 'release window' for Disney+, which given it premiered on November 11th is probably putting the streaming launch around mid-January - January 20th is the 70 day mark and also helps Disney's schedule where January looks bloody thin.

When bad batch is on a weekly release you know they haven't got anything

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Havent seen it yet was it bettee tha  the 1st?

Haven't seen it yet but general consensus is no, but that it has elements that are very good.

I'm not the biggest fan of the first one so my bar is pretty low, but there's things I can see in it being terrible and stuff I can see being interesting. I'm intrigued to see it but I don't expect to love it. There's things I want to see, a take on Namor on screen and how they tie in his story to the MCU and create conflict with Wakanda, how they make the Aztec thing work, how they handle a Black Panther movie where there is no Black Panther, how they handle the elegiac element to it all. I'm not so keen on building further on Wakanda, I really don't need Ironheart, and the film is going to have a huge Killmonger shaped hole in it unless Namor is really, really good.

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

Haven't seen it yet but general consensus is no, but that it has elements that are very good.

I'm not the biggest fan of the first one so my bar is pretty low, but there's things I can see in it being terrible and stuff I can see being interesting. I'm intrigued to see it but I don't expect to love it. There's things I want to see, a take on Namor on screen and how they tie in his story to the MCU and create conflict with Wakanda, how they make the Aztec thing work, how they handle a Black Panther movie where there is no Black Panther, how they handle the elegiac element to it all. I'm not so keen on building further on Wakanda, I really don't need Ironheart, and the film is going to have a huge Killmonger shaped hole in it unless Namor is really, really good.

I personally thinkbthey shouldnt have bothered with 2nd one after chadwick boseman died. I know they probably would have wanted to make one in honour of him but i dont think hardcore fans will accept a replacement.

Ill watch it when it comes out for dvd release or streaming. But i think chadwick made the role his.

On 29/12/2022 at 00:38, Chindie said:

Surprised, I'd have the first one in my top 5, hard to explain beyond the obvious great proper villain but it's just got a good vibe to it all, might be the kendrick lamar soundtrack or it managing to stand out as different in the MCU which takes some doing, the whole thing just works for me which isn't always the case

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Surprised, I'd have the first one in my top 5, hard to explain beyond the obvious great proper villain but it's just got a good vibe to it all, might be the kendrick lamar soundtrack or it managing to stand out as different in the MCU which takes some doing, the whole thing just works for me which isn't always the case

I think it's a more important film than it is a good film.

Its got a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant villain and it plays with interesting concepts and quandaries, and it's got great performances across the board. But there's a lot of problems with it for me. The Bond pastiche doesn't really work, it has mostly pretty weak action, the CGI is notoriously bad, it makes Wakanda feel very small, Klaue is basically wasted, all the stuff with Freeman is rubbish, the tech stuff is the wrong side of stupid...

Its a middle of the road MCU entry with a heavy punch over it's quality due to what it represents.

On 28/12/2022 at 23:38, Chindie said:

Namor is done well 

Secret Invasion should be great.

In other rumours, Henry Cavill is being touted as Captain Britain, joining the series with in Captain America: New World Order. I'll be surprised if it happens, but it would be perfect casting if it did.

If the premise is he's trying to get back the time he missed with cassie that's pretty weak imo

Not really fussed by it but I'm going to have to watch it to see how it sets everything else up and to be fair to him the Loki TV series had kang doing a lot of talking, will be good to see him in action

And what seems a very obvious spoiler to me

Spoiler

Lang is dying in this film

Â