Derby vs Fulham play offs

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Pretty sure it was only Villa fans who overhyped Grealish.

And only Some Villa fans at that. Most realistic Villa fans recognize that he has a heck of a long way to go. Sessengnon is a class act and has deserved the hype imo. 

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

...and there's the overhype.

I’ve seen some people tipping him to go as a non starter just so he can gain the experience. That’s because he’s such a promising talent; that is not over hype. 

You seem to believe he’s overhyped purely based on tonight’s performance and because he only touched the ball eight times. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Kamara should have had a red card for that blatant dive in trying to get a free kick and Carson sent off. No wonder Carson went mad.

Dirty cheat. 

1 minute ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I’ve seen some people tipping him to go as a non starter just so he can gain the experience. That’s because he’s such a promising talent; that is not over hype. 

You seem to believe he’s overhyped purely based on tonight’s performance and because he only touched the ball eight times. 

Against Blues, both games against Derby and both games against us, he's done very little (still scored twice, of course)

...but otherwise, you're right, I haven't see that many Fulham games in full so maybe he's been a genuine World Cup place contender in those.  I tend to watch Villa games more, though.

33 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's only the second time in their history that they're going to Wembley. 

I remember the first time when they shafted SHA in the semis. ?

At Halftime is was anyone's call.

I think Sessegnon has had a great season, BUT that goal changed the game and the outlook, .........it put Fulham in the ascendency and instilled confidence back in to them.

The positioning of Wisdom and Keogh for it ,was woeful, it played right in to the hands of Sessegnon, who had a relatively quiet game by his standards. 

It's similar to when Bale was coming through at roughly the same age at Southampton, could get up and down that left flank, scored goals etc.

Worth remembering though that he then took 3 years to properly establish himself at Spurs.

Think he should stay at Fulham if they go up rather than bench warm at somewhere like Man. United behind Ashley Young.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Its going to be a tough game  no doubt it against fulham if we get there.

Fulham will be favourites without question

I just cant see us losing to fulham at wembley, Terry will lead us to victory.

8 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

I just cant see us losing to fulham at wembley,

?, if we play them in the final they will control possession and we will be sat back trying to hit them on the counter. It's quite easy to see how they could beat us.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

?, if we play them in the final they will control possession and we will be sat back trying to hit them on the counter. It's quite easy to see how they could beat us.  

IF we play them in the final we play the game we did at Villa Park and push them from the front force them into mistakes and win the game.  It was only when they got past our hassling they caused a few issues.  We know they play it out from the back so just stop them.

like I say though IF as tonight will be tough.

Edited by S-Platt
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

I just cant see us losing to fulham at wembley, Terry will lead us to victory.

Let's just get tonight out of the way, eh? 

So this Sessegnon lad...:

I've seen him play about 6 times. Putting his age to one side for a moment. He's obviously very very good at arriving in the box at the right time, being in the right place and generally has got some good composure when taking chances.

On the ball he looks neat and tidy without much which is going to terrorise you as a full back. He rarely seems to skin people and doesn't look tremendously quick or skilful. 

Kind of reminds me of a winger version of Dele Alli. Granted to do all this so young is really exceptional and he can get better and can of course still develop physically. But as it stands today as an opposing player I'd be thinking as long as I watch him like a hawk in the box and make sure I'm less than an inch away from him in the area then he hasn't got a lot else to hurt me. 

Am I missing anything? Like I say I'm only going off a limited number of games I've seen him play. 

50 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Am I missing anything? Like I say I'm only going off a limited number of games I've seen him play. 

Part of the problem with him is that he goes missing an awful lot but does have a knack of popping in to games and making things happen. I saw him earlier this season against Brentford and he was almost entirely anonymous. This might lead a defender to think he's no threat and as a result, give him a bit of slack, then he's in. 

5 minutes ago, choffer said:

Part of the problem with him is that he goes missing an awful lot but does have a knack of popping in to games and making things happen. I saw him earlier this season against Brentford and he was almost entirely anonymous. This might lead a defender to think he's no threat and as a result, give him a bit of slack, then he's in. 

Thomas Muller has made a career out of this. Right position at right time due to game intelligence

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â