New Manager Speculation

maqroll

3 minutes ago, Dick said:

On Betfair, the gap between the favourite (Henry) and second favourite has increased by quite a bit today.

Yeah, same on WH as I posted a bit back.  Henry is being heavily backed.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Jesus can people stop talking about the bloody odds on people. 

It means absolutely nothing other than people are putting bets on and bookies reacting to what's been placed.  It's doing my head in.

No bookie has the foggiest idea who the new manager is likely to be and no masses of people placing bets have the foggiest idea who the new manager will be. 

It means nothing. 

I think tea leaf patterns are just as indicative and definitely more interesting.

2 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Conte as manager, Mourinho as assistant and Marcelo Lippi as DOF.

Finally you’ve seen the light. Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride, promotion as Champions and win The FA Cup with a 4-0 victory over Man City in the final ?

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Finally you’ve seen the light. Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride, promotion as Champions and win The FA Cup with a 4-0 victory over Man City in the final ?

A point at Millwall will do me to start with. Lol

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Jesus can people stop talking about the bloody odds on people. 

It means absolutely nothing other than people are putting bets on and bookies reacting to what's been placed.  It's doing my head in.

No bookie has the foggiest idea who the new manager is likely to be and no masses of people placing bets have the foggiest idea who the new manager will be. 

It means nothing. 

How dare people discuss new manager speculation in a new manager speculation thread!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

How dare people discuss new manager speculation in a new manager speculation thread!

I not saying we shouldn't discuss potential new manager, just stop going on about the odds. 

As someone else said, might as well read tea leaves then declare so and so is nailed on because of that funny pattern on the left. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

I not saying we shouldn't discuss potential new manager, just stop going on about the odds. 

As someone else said, might as well read tea leaves then declare so and so is nailed on because of that funny pattern on the left. 

Surely the bookmakers odds are just rumours with numbers attached. I quite like to keep an eye on them. As I said yesterday when a bookie on the radio said he had taken a single £10k bet on RDM - you knew it was him. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Like myself, I believe sidcow doesn’t see bookies odds as any relevance to the speculation. At best, they provide a list of names to speculate over but the odds themselves don’t bare any accuracy.

Just now, brommy said:

Like myself, I believe sidcow doesn’t see bookies odds as any relevance to the speculation. At best, they provide a list of names to speculate over but the odds themselves don’t bare any accuracy.

Aside from they represent exactly the personnel that people are speculating on... sure.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Aside from they represent exactly the personnel that people are speculating on... sure.

I think you are missing the difference between a simple list of names and some people basing their likelyhood of our next manager on the odds adjacent.

• Like 1