Knife Violence

maqroll

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Sorry if this topic is redundant to you @snowychap

I'm not as clued in to happenings over in your neck of the woods as you guys are, obviously.

No need for apologies because it isn't redundant.

I think it's an important subject to consider but it isn't just important because of the events of the first three and a bit months of this year and it should be looked at in more of the way that the person suggests in the thread on the link you provided (not 'new powers', 'it's all suddenly gone to pot', 'let's throw all of our news resources at it for a few weeks until something else takes our fancy', 'stop and search!stop and search!', &c.).

I thought all of that thread was interesting - not just the quote that I picked out.

15 hours ago, snowychap said:

It is though snowy, if you look at all the crime its mainly youngsters on youngsters here in London. I dont remember this happening has regularly as it is now in the 80s and 90s 

I am not sure what they can do to control this as its getting more common 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets forget how he talks for a moment as we know he sounds like a  muppet, but he gives a better insight whats happening on the streets with these youngsters and why its happening. 

I think we've found out what Troopz from Arsenal Fan TV does for a living. 

20 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think we've found out what Troopz from Arsenal Fan TV does for a living. 

Mate this is London life. I hear this kind of talk form so many youngsters. But it all stems to manipulating youngsters from broken homes and getting them to get their hands dirty as opposed to people like this scumbag. 

I fear for what life will be like for my son (who's currently 4) when he's 14/15. I'm definitely an overprotective Dad but there's only so much you can keep them from.

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I fear for what life will be like for my son (who's currently 4) when he's 14/15. I'm definitely an overprotective Dad but there's only so much you can keep them from.

I said the same back in the 90s.

I didn't let my kids out on their own til they were in their teens (living on Chelmsley, ;) ) but my lads are 23 and 26 now, they've grown up well, respectful, never been in trouble like I did when I was a kid.

If you bring them up right, they'll be fine.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I said the same back in the 90s.

I didn't let my kids out on their own til they were in their teens (living on Chelmsley, ;) ) but my lads are 23 and 26 now, they've grown up well, respectful, never been in trouble like I did when I was a kid.

If you bring them up right, they'll be fine.

Good advice mate, I think a lot of this is true. I also think in most cases when the parents make time for their kids and show them time love, support and respect its unlikely they will step down the wrong path. like that scumbag says above its broken homes they usually target 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

My mrs is a primary school teacher and from her experience parents are generally awful these days. Many of them take absolutely no responsibility for the type of children they've raised.

Exactly this, so many parents these days just seem to take no interest in their kids, as mentioned on another thread about kids running riot in pubs and restaurants while the parents stare at their phones, its everyone else's problem not mine attitude.

You have to wonder why these people have kids as they don't seem to be arsed to raise them properly at all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

You have to wonder why these people have kids as they don't seem to be arsed to raise them properly at all.

Kids these days are the bandage to "fix" a broken relationship.

The issue is that the new parents quickly find out that the kid didn't fix a damn thing and now their lives are worse because they have to look after the thing, which as a result the parents choose to do the bare minimum required to keep the kid alive. 

Now I'm sure that's not the case for all Children these days, but it's getting more and more common.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

My mrs is a primary school teacher and from her experience parents are generally awful these days. Many of them take absolutely no responsibility for the type of children they've raised.

Interesting.

My missus is also a primary school teacher, but at a 100% muslim school. The kids are almost all very well behaved and the majority of parents are decent and will listen if their kids is being a bit of a knob.

Of course there's always one or two scumbag families but generally it's a good school.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Interesting.

My missus is also a primary school teacher, but at a 100% muslim school. The kids are almost all very well behaved and the majority of parents are decent and will listen if their kids is being a bit of a knob.

Of course there's always one or two scumbag families but generally it's a good school.

From my girlfriend's experience the worst behaved kids with the worst parents are generally white.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

From my girlfriend's experience the worst behaved kids with the worst parents are generally white.

I'm really not surprised.

17 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

My best mates wife says the same white and black are the worst two with generally muslims, asians very well behaved. She said the best out of the lot were Chinese! 

38 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Exactly this, so many parents these days just seem to take no interest in their kids, as mentioned on another thread about kids running riot in pubs and restaurants while the parents stare at their phones, its everyone else's problem not mine attitude.

I agree Dan, it really irritates me when i see parents more interested on going on facebook than disciplining their children. 

It does make you wonder why you would have a kid if your not willing to do the little things that come with it 

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

My best mates wife says the same white and black are the worst two with generally muslims, asians very well behaved. She said the best out of the lot were Chinese! 

lesson seems to be have a Chinese child .. long as you don't live next door to the Dalai Lama

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â