The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

So, no actual semi-automatic offsides yet. Laughable.

It won't be available for a couple of months. Ready after one of the international breaks apparently.

Edited by jimmygreaves

51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That thing that worked brilliantly at the world cup 2 years ago?

PGMOL know better

The utter arrogance of these lot - we might not get it until the autumn at a minimum. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Sounds like Everton got done today.

DCL got clipped in the box and penalty given.

VAR then thinks there wasn't much contact so encourages the ref to go over to the monitor to re-judge.

Only issue is VAR screen isn't working and a replay can't be displayed.

Decision is still overturned on the advice of Stockley Park.

THAT is something that really shouldn't be happening and winds fans up. If technology fails you stick with the on field decision.

The PL have criticised "false reports" and state that there was a back up monitor just out of shot.

• Haha 1

So there's an opportunity to genuinely change it and try and improve it and their two approaches have been to:

• Essentially make VAR a several minute waste of time by making the referee's decision essentially absolute (doing the absolute opposite of what needed to happen)
  • Make a Twitter account whose sole purpose is to state what every single person watching the game sees (Referee blowed the whistle for a penalty, VAR didn't overturn) without any insights, explanation or genuinely anything of value

I don't even think this has anything to do with VAR at this point: PGMOL is comically unfit for purpose.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 3

I can just about accept that if the bar is meant to be high this season, there was some doubt around the Cash situation so stick with the onfield decision.

What I CANT abide is making up this bullshit about Cash not trying to play the ball to back up the refs decision. Just say there wasn’t enough to overturn it, don’t start spouting bollocks to back the referee. 

Just now, villa4europe said:

And be stuck with a pitch refs guess of what he saw from a bad angle?

Just use it properly 

Seems like that's the remit this season anyway 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Seems like that's the remit this season anyway 

That's the madness of it, the tool is there to help, the pitch ref just says my view was blocked poor angle didn't see it properly, atwell says we'll go to the monitor then, he has a look and makes a decision

It's so simple yet these clowns will do absolutely anything they can to **** it up 

• Like 2

The Everton one is scandalous. Dunk has slid, DCL puts his foot down where he expects grass to be and gets tripped because now dunk is there. It’s a foul on field, no idea what on earth they’re doing getting involved to overturn that 

If I hadn’t heard the VAR explanation for ours today I’d have probably been ok with it. 

But their explanation is **** nonsense

I’m not having today’s decision in our game at all. It lies somewhere between incompetence and corruption.

Every single time that gets overturned because the defender gets something on it. Every time. 

It was a double fail as they not only decided it was a foul despite it never going that way before, but to say he didn’t attempt to play the ball is just ridiculous. 

I think it must be closer to corruption than incompetence, because the action and the decision don’t match.

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If I hadn’t heard the VAR explanation for ours today I’d have probably been ok with it. 

But their explanation is **** nonsense

Note, they didn’t put the explanation in the twitter feed which was the point of the feed. They just said they ref gave it and VAR agreed. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

And be stuck with a pitch refs guess of what he saw from a bad angle?

Just use it properly 

But we already have bad decisions with VAR? May as well just remove that extra layer which only further frustrates fans and slows the game down. Would rather have one layer of subjectivity than two.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â