The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Said before, it was news to me watching the England game I think vs Malta in November and the Commentator said "clear and obvious" exists in 2 leagues in the entire world, PL and MLS, it's not in fifas rules and it's not in Uefas rules 

I don't doubt a commentator said it, because commentators frequently say all kinds of misinformed bollocks, but it isn't true. The clear and obvious requirement is defined in the IFAB VAR protocol.

Edited by Davkaus

The Duran incident was a soft penalty. By the book, I'd argue its a penalty as he got kicked, which stopped him getting on to the ball he was running on to.

But if it wasn't given on the pitch I wouldn't expect VAR to overturn it. The fact it was though, I don't want VAR overturning that as its a subjective call that looks different viewed by a different person. 

The dive by Jota was different. He didn't get kicked. He got tapped on the foot by a shoulder. He then took a further two steps before crumpling completely unnaturally. Those should be called out by VAR for exactly what they are, simulation.

There's an argument Duran dived too, but there's no way you can prove he did.

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

I expect Liverpool's 2nd penalty to be called out for a dive and the softest penalty of the season. It makes the Duran one look stonewall.

Kind of what I was thinking when I watched the game. I thought our penalty was very soft and probably not a penalty. Then they got this pen and the swedish commentators argumented for it to be a correct call, so I guess I was wrong about our penalty. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villan95 said:

Does anyone know if Jota was even onside when he went through and dived?

That's what I want to know. Didn't even show that in the replay or VAR check but he looked well offside.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrBlack said:

The Duran incident was a soft penalty. By the book, I'd argue its a penalty as he got kicked, which stopped him getting on to the ball he was running on to.

But if it wasn't given on the pitch I wouldn't expect VAR to overturn it. The fact it was though, I don't want VAR overturning that as its a subjective call that looks different viewed by a different person. 

The dive by Jota was different. He didn't get kicked. He got tapped on the foot by a shoulder. He then took a further two steps before crumpling completely unnaturally. Those should be called out by VAR for exactly what they are, simulation.

There's an argument Duran dived too, but there's no way you can prove he did.

So it all comes down the whether the contact is boot on player? :D

They're both dives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

They're both dives.

which is when it starts to get a bit mental

putting aside my opinion of duran, i can at least see why he would he do it, we're drawing, its at the end of the game, we're not playing particularly well, he's going away from goal with not a fat lot on, he effectively won us the game

jota was round the keeper staring at an open goal in a game they were winning and absolutely battering newcastle when he decided to fall over...

jota's is just bizarre imo, he'd rather hit the deck and give salah a penalty, bearing in mind salah has already missed a penalty, then roll the ball in to an empty net from 8 yards out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

They're both dives.

Correct. I'm quite glad it happened, showed our point from yesterday :D 

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

jota's is just bizarre imo, he'd rather hit the deck and give salah a penalty, bearing in mind salah has already missed a penalty, then roll the ball in to an empty net from 8 yards out

I watched it a few times and it looks like the ball might just be about to get away from him. I'm not certain, and he probably wasn't either, I think he took a second, wasn't certain he was getting to it, so decided to play it safe and buy the penalty.

Either that, or he's got Salah in his FPL team.

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I watched it a few times and it looks like the ball might just be about to get away from him. I'm not certain, and he probably wasn't either, I think he took a second, wasn't certain he was getting to it, so decided to play it safe and buy the penalty.

Either that, or he's got Salah in his FPL team.

Or he tried to get Dubravka sent off to cripple newcastle even more. 🙂 But my guess is the same as yours.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

👀

But, but… I thought the custard bowl nobbers were getting stitched up on a weekly basis. 
Only one point and one place difference?

Is this table wrong or are they whining moaning cabbages?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â