The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

Making decisions on millimeter offsides based on images so poor you can see how pixelated they are when the var zooms in, it's absolutely absurd.

The offside decisions are not a matter of fact in any sense.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Making decisions on millimeter offsides based on images so poor you can see how pixelated they are when the var zooms in, it's absolutely absurd.

The offside decisions are not a matter of fact in any sense.

Especially since they don't pay the same detail to the exact millisecond the ball left the foot from the passer of the ball.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PaulC said:

What about just clear offsides not the marginal ones 

I think they should just replay it in real  time and unless it's "clear and obvious", go with the onfield decision.

You can't decide someone is offside based on this for ****'s sake.

rP3Ufx6.png

• Like 4

Even if it was correct by a matter of millimetres, what price are we paying for the correct result? 

Accuracy is not worth it if it comes at the expense of entertainment (i.e. the whole reason we watch sport) and it’s not like it’s eliminated controversial referees decisions.

It seems clear the negatives out way the positives.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

If you step back for a second and just look at this image, you can see the absurdity of what it is being discussed here.

I mean... Look at it. This is completely stupid.

At first I thought Wolves had signed Minecraft Steve.

Genuinely absurd. Bump that up to HD and he may well be onside. :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

If you step back for a second and just look at this image, you can see the absurdity of what it is being discussed here.

I mean... Look at it. This is completely stupid.

For offsides I think they should just have a guy looking at the footage. Draw a line on the pitch if it helps, but just one line so you can see a line running perpendicular across the pitch.

If it's not clear enough from looking at it with the naked eye then go with the on field decision. Or assume it's on and give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker

Currently it's **** nonsense

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

At first I thought Wolves had signed Minecraft Steve.

Genuinely absurd. Bump that up to HD and he may well be onside. :) 

I'd be saying the same thing if it was on the highest quality known to man. It's daft to be taking the offside rule to that extent.

The fact it's done in PS1 resolution with an N64 esque blur only makes it stupider.

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Just seen the man City goal, great assist from the ref

If the ref doesn't realise what he's done or VAR can't overturn it then what's the point 

I don't think that's a VAR issue. 

I can't be 100% but I'm pretty sure the ref counts as an "outside agent". Basically if the ball hits him there's nothing he can do, it's play on.

Basically he's the same as the beachball that time Darrent Bent scored off it. It sucks but nothing they can do

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â