Crystal Palace

NurembergVillan

17 hours ago, bobzy said:

Pleased for Hodgson.  Always seems to be really underrated as a manager for whatever reason.

Harry Kane on corners and Iceland I think will have made most people's minds up.

Good club manager though wherever he has been I think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Harry Kane on corners and Iceland I think will have made most people's minds up.

Harry Kane looked truly awful mentally and physically against Iceland. I just can’t fathom how England can prepare for tournaments so badly.

7 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I don't blame Hodgson that much for that Iceland game tbh - although I know what you mean.

Same with McClaren and the umbrella.

I think what he did at Fulham was borderline miracle. They were practically down when he took over and then amazingly got them to a Europa League final without ever spending big or having star players in the squad. 

That Juventus game was probably the best achievement by an English club in Europe. 4-1 down at one stage

Jason Puncheon (fitting name) arrested for assault and weapon possession this weekend.

And with that I think we can proclaim that the Christmas season English footballer's scandal bonanza has officially begun.

Crystal Palace midfielder Jason Puncheon has been charged with assault and having a weapon after a fight erupted in the street near a nightclub.

Jason Puncheon

Puncheon was arrested in the early hours of Sunday morning and taken into custody after officers were called to the disturbance in Church Street, Reigate, Surrey Police said.

The 31-year-old had reportedly been partying with friends at the nearby Mishiko nightclub beforehand.

A police spokesman said: “Jason Puncheon, 31, of Kingswood, has been charged with a Section 4 public order offence - causing fear or provocation of violence, possession of an offensive weapon and common assault.”

According to The Sun, the nightclub issued a statement which said Puncheon attended the venue with friends but, after it had closed, door staff intervened in a fight in the street some 50 metres away and police were called.

A police spokesman confirmed officers attended an incident at 2.20am but would not disclose further details.

Puncheon was released on bail and is due to appear at Guildford Magistrates’ Court on 5 January.

Both Mishiko and Crystal Palace have been contacted for comment.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/18/jason-puncheon-crystal-palace-assault-arrested

Ho-ho-ho! 

Edited by sne

• 8 months later...

Cute.

HOOK OR BY CROOK: CRYSTAL PALACE LADIES PLAYERS TOLD THEY NEED TO RAISE £250 EACH TO CONTINUE PLAYING FOR CLUB ON EVE OF NEW SEASON

Crystal Palace Ladies’ players have been told that they will have to cough up £250 apiece if the club is to keep going.

With the new newly-formed FA Women’s Championship set to kick-off this weekend, Palace Ladies were reportedly informed recently that they will have to either raise the money in sponsorship or pay out of their own pockets.

Palace say the money is an “annual subscription fee” that must be paid by senior players to keep the team afloat, but nevertheless many squad members are worried about not being able to raise the specified amount in such a short space of time.

An anonymous source close to the club told the Guardian:

Some of the players, particularly the younger ones, are really stressed about having to find the money.

Just to really rub it in, the demand was also made in the very same week Palace awarded a new £130,000-a-week contract to Wilfried Zaha.

The Guardian also claim to have seen the correspondence sent between the club and their players, with the same source describing the letter signed by chairman Richard Spokes – designed to be handed on to potential sponsors, asking for their backing – as “very patronising”.

They also add that it is believed Palace have put a “£50 a month payment plan” in place for players who cannot afford to pay for themselves in one lump sum.

Call us naive, but it might be nice for the mens’ team to club together and pay these subscription fees on the Ladies’ behalf, given that they all make £250 in a matter of hours.

Then, the more over-reaching issues of disparity and inequality can perhaps start to be addressed a little more thoroughly.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/crystal-palace-2/277690/hook-or-by-crook-crystal-palace-ladies-players-told-they-need-to-raise-250-each-to-continue-playing-for-club.html

If the women's team cannot be kept afloat by it's own means then it shouldn't exist.

Women's football teams that have one man and a dog (if they are lucky) come to spectate who think they should be given a free ride off the back of a product people do actually want to pay to see.

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If the women's team cannot be kept afloat by it's own means then it shouldn't exist.

Women's football teams that have one man and a dog (if they are lucky) come to spectate who think they should be given a free ride off the back of a product people do actually want to pay to see.

So youth football and our U23s should not exist as well? 

33 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

So youth football and our U23s should not exist as well? 

Youth academies serve a purpose, and it only takes one player to come through to pay for themselves.

Though with the current rules allowing the poaching of talented youngsters by higher tier academies for peanuts has seen clubs completely abandon those facilities...but that's a different matter.

• 4 months later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â