The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

Failure to return to Ligue 1 and mounting debts partly related to their oversized and expensive Matmut Atlantique have contributed to their financial demise. This latest development means that all players under contract -- senior and youth -- will now be free to leave the club and sign elsewhere.

Bordeaux's famed academy which has birthed France international players such as Aurelien Tchouameni and Jules Kounde will now shut its doors. The club has also had numerous superstars over the years such as Zinedine Zidane in the 90s
 https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/french-soccer-club-bordeaux-former-team-of-zinedine-zidane-give-up-pro-status-could-they-fold-next/

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Didn't they have Zidane, Lizarazu and Dugarry? Not when we played them, but a few years prior?

Yeah they’ve had some good players in the past, Johan micoud is another 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

West Ham charging OAP and children full price ticket prices for our opening game of the season 

I wouldn't be surprised if OAP tickets stopped being a thing. 

Clubs make more money that way and that's all they care about nowadays as less local community engagement. 

OAPs a bigger percentage of the population nowadays and a lot have larger disposable incomes (no mortgages etc) and don't need the financial support, so clubs won't feel the need to support. 

Which would be a shame for those that genuinely struggle. 

Things are apparently going so well in London that the mayor can take the time out of his day to shill for the idea of the premier league playing games overseas. clearing in the woods.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Things are apparently going so well in London that the mayor can take the time out of his day to shill for the idea of the premier league playing games overseas. clearing in the woods.

surprised he's not championing some sort of london / wembley super weekender type thing, or flogging the city to host la liga games, milk that cash cow

No different from villa, the truth is as long as someone will pay it they will do it, the even harsher truth is that someone will also spend more money at the ground and in the club shop 

They don't want 80 year life long fans on cheap season tickets who packs some sandwiches, drinks in his local pre game and rocks up at 2.59pm, they want day trippers who spunk a wedge of cash on a special day out

All clubs are the same 

The difference with west ham is that it seriously wouldn't surprise me if their match day tickets end up in one of those west end show boxes that you see in the centre of the city, special discount tickets to tower of London, wicked and west ham Vs Brentford, writing was on the wall when they stuck London on the badge 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

West Ham charging OAP and children full price ticket prices for our opening game of the season 

Duran should fit in well with the rest of the clowns there...

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

@The_Steve... that Bournemouth sponsor doesn't just have a terrible name...

Wow! It’s utterly scandalous, there needs to be a serious investigation into these white label firms. 

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I know it's TalkSport, but there needs to be investigation to the bottom of this.

That's not true, other clubs received more than £1m. Maybe not all of them, but definitely we did.

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

That's not true, other clubs received more than £1m. Maybe not all of them, but definitely we did.

I was a little sceptical of the figures given the source. But it poses some interesting questions about United’s finances. It would be great if some actual journalists followed this up. I feel like we’d already know by now if that was the case too. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I was a little sceptical of the figures given the source. But it poses some interesting questions about United’s finances. It would be great if some actual journalists followed this up. I feel like we’d already know by now if that was the case too. 

Yeah.  I'd imagine United got more allowances because they probably lost the most from match day income of any club. But you'd hope that the FA/PL were comfortable with what they submitted. Given the PL is made up of the clubs in the league you'd expect it would already have raised concerns if they had massively overstated them compared to everyone else.

I suspect talksport doing what talksport does. Can't believe it's anywhere near as extreme as they're suggesting.

And courtesy of Swiss ramble.... @The_Steve

Edit: helps if I actually listen to the content instead of just reading headlines. 

If they claimed 40m in 2022 that would be outrageous. Although Arsenal also claimed £2m when most claimed nothing. 

Screenshot-2023-11-18-084159.png

Everton though...🤣

Edited by MrBlack

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â