The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

On 23/07/2024 at 14:46, sne said:

UEFA vs FIFA war is coming.

It's been coming for years. FIFA only really make money from the World Cup, UEFA have the CL, EUROPA, Conference,  EURO's and even nations league now to make money. The footballers union should be setting limits on the number of games per year and going on striker if needed to get their way. That won't happen though. 

Players aren't actually playing more games, it's a myth - they're more finely tuned athletes, but they aren't playing more games.

The greed of footballs richest clubs will absolutely ruin the game.

On 18/07/2024 at 12:16, imavillan said:

this is crazy if it's true

Jose Mourinho has made more than £80m from getting sacked - including more than £30m from Chelsea alone.

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Jose Mourinho has made more than £80m from getting sacked - including more than £30m from Chelsea alone.

it's bonkers

On 15/07/2024 at 17:03, MrBlack said:

Footballer salaries.

They're a joke.

Earning in a week more than what 95% of the population earn in a year.

I get it's a case of free market supply and demand, where the demand comes from the hundreds of millions of interested viewers, and the supply comes from the likes of Sky TV paying exorbitant amounts for the right to show games. Where does it end?

They are ridiculous, but how much do actors make for a blockbuster movie? Singers for a tour? Footballers are entertainers and put in more than actors so why shouldn’t they get compensated for it. 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

They are ridiculous, but how much do actors make for a blockbuster movie? Singers for a tour? Footballers are entertainers and put in more than actors so why shouldn’t they get compensated for it. 

Not a clue, would be interested to see the hourly rates and compare it with footballers though. I'd guess it works out a fair bit less for 99% of  actors, with maybe only a few of the biggest stars coming close.

The wages are what they are - We all pay a lot of money to watch it every week, and these are players that have gone through the whole process to maybe 15 years of paid employment doing what they're good at.

Yes, we do talk about ridiculous amounts, but then for 38 times a season, I'm lucky enough to be entertained by it, and honoured to have association with it too. 

I've said for a long time, the bubble will burst, and I still believe it, I don't care how much money there is in the world, the way wages for the elite increase year on year is unsustainable, eventually it just becomes a rich man pissing contest.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2024 at 19:26, The_Steve said:

Bournemouth now the 11th Prem team with a betting sponsor - they’ve signed a deal with bj88. 

Their sponsor, BJ88, are part of the TGP group, they're the same people who sponsored us last year, as are Net88 who sponsor Palace, and Stake, who sponsor Everton, and SBOTOP who sponsor Fulham, and BC Game who sponsor Leicester, and Kaiyun at Forest and Rollbit who sponsor Southampton, and Debet, who sponsor Wolves. so eight of those eleven sponsorships are all actually under the same gambling licence and based in an empty office above a disused shop in the Isle of Man.

TGP is linked with Suncity, the company founded by the now imprisoned gangster, Alvin Chau which has links to organised crime including drugs, prostitution, people smuggling and pushing gambling into the extremely lucrative illegal Chinese gambling market. 

Best league in the world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Their sponsor, BJ88, are part of the TGP group, they're the same people who sponsored us last year, as are Net88 who sponsor Palace, and Stake, who sponsor Everton, and SBOTOP who sponsor Fulham, and BC Game who sponsor Leicester, and Kaiyun at Forest and Rollbit who sponsor Southampton, and Debet, who sponsor Wolves. so eight of those eleven sponsorships are all actually under the same gambling licence and based in an empty office above a disused shop in the Isle of Man.

TGP is linked with Suncity, the company founded by the now imprisoned gangster, Alvin Chau which has links to organised crime including drugs, prostitution, people smuggling and pushing gambling into the extremely lucrative illegal Chinese gambling market. 

Best league in the world.

Interesting, though not surprising. White label gambling is an even bigger black eye on the game. The sooner the ban comes in the better. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Interesting, though not surprising. White label gambling is an even bigger black eye on the game. The sooner the ban comes in the better. 

I dunno, the ban will be interesting because those not sponsored by betting companies largely tend to be those clubs in the top 6

There's a danger here that the disparity just gets bigger, hard to know and at least heck has a long time to prepare for it (hopefully already in talks for it) but if betano give us £20m a year and the next non betting company gives us £15m that's a problem, especially while man utds non betting company gives them £65m a year 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno, the ban will be interesting because those not sponsored by betting companies largely tend to be those clubs in the top 6

There's a danger here that the disparity just gets bigger, hard to know and at least heck has a long time to prepare for it (hopefully already in talks for it) but if betano give us £20m a year and the next non betting company gives us £15m that's a problem, especially while man utds non betting company gives them £65m a year 

Yeah, I do feel for the clubs caught behind the cartels as we simply aren’t going to get such good deals, and it’s utterly shameful that these dubious fake companies which may or may not have links to mafia criminality can step in, offer vast sums and vanish a year later. Something will eventually have to give when the average club even outside the top out is losing £5-10m (or more) in lost revenue because of this clampdown. I am against gambling sponsors also - I do also think the league could also setup a fund to compensate these losses to make it more equitable. The PL sits on reserves of at least £1bn. Not every team can have sports washing power either and set their sponsors at market rates too. It’s all a mess. 

I suspect that after the gambling companies go, there will be a big gulf between the three types of sponsorship - the very elite, the completely made up and whatever is left.

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Remember watching us play Bordeaux in the UEFA cup, they've only have had that new stadium aswell

Didn't they have Zidane, Lizarazu and Dugarry? Not when we played them, but a few years prior?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â