The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

7 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Worth listening to the first series of the Peter Crouch podcast for more insight on this. Footballers are basically just talented toddlers

Don't disagree

But at the same time put yourself in Durans shoes moving to England at 18, he's genuinely going to need half of that service 

• Like 2

They proper live in a bubble. My mates son is a buyer for a few of the players. His own words, "I sometimes get treated like shit, but earn good money from it, an it's not really a job". He lost one player as they started phoning him for snacks late evenings, which he wouldn't do.

Also heard of a player who was given a 200k Mercedes for a few days from a dealer, left it down London and come back with friends. No one even called say where it was. It was found in a compound, been towed for illegal parking. Lucky he paid the fines, an bought the car

Living the dream, no wonder they get upset when they are called names on twitter 😂

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Don't disagree

But at the same time put yourself in Durans shoes moving to England at 18, he's genuinely going to need half of that service 

I’d need that service at 37, if I moved to Austria and had to figure all that out. (I mean, obviously, we’re adults so we *could* figure it out, but if I was on 50k p/w I’d definitely be paying someone to sort it all out for me)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I’d need that service at 37, if I moved to Austria and had to figure all that out. (I mean, obviously, we’re adults so we *could* figure it out, but if I was on 50k p/w I’d definitely be paying someone to sort it all out for me)

At what point do they stop paying for this service and start doing things for themselves though? 

They won't be player's forever and the fame/money will to dwindle.

13 hours ago, Genie said:

I honestly don't see a problem with this. I'll give an example from a different era - a reason why Juan Pablo had his long hair was he was unable to speak English so did not feel confident in going to a barber. It might sound trivial, but coming to a new country impacts someone on many levels.

The role is basically a PA, lots of companies have them. Not just that, it's better to get someone with an understanding of housing here, they might have more money than the average person, but they still need to live somewhere decent. Not all players are earning superstar wages, especially young players. Clubs helping players settle irrespective of age and language is inherently a good thing. Everyone needs to pay council tax and it's better to not fall foul of the law whoever you are. The other tasks around merchandise etc is still within the remit of a PA, especially travel and what not. Helping them get the right kind of healthcare is also very important. I have no problem with what's on this list. Yes, a lot of it still carries much privilege, but they also risk having very short careers too. Helping players in the short term to navigate these issues - be it housing, health and insurance will also help them in turn to do it themselves in the future.

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

25-29k a year, to slave about for these kids.

Looking through the job app, they want a proper skilled person too. *****ing joke!

They will still get thousands of applicants. I bet you'd get loads of gifts from the players as well

But isn't the majority of the shitter side of this just something that most rich people have?

I really get the admin side of it helping these guys settle in the area and the UK 

The whole idea of them having someone who does their shopping for them though, people think that's a footballer thing? Like Richard Branson pops down Asda?

I had seen a few things on the personal shopper which I thought was an interesting business, like guys who go out and get rare and exclusive clothing items for footballers, they exist, I do the draws on size? And what have you, footballers don't, they seemingly pick up the phone afterwards and tell a guy they want the latest Adidas spezial jacket which is like rocking horse shit and they go get it for them, Grealish did an interview on YouTube about it 

I think the whole thing would be fun...as long as the players themselves aren't complete **** assholes 

It’s funny, when Brighton signed Bounnanotte they had Macalister driving him to go view houses, and it was this older other guys job to find houses for the footballers to view.   

Thought that was quite a cool job to have. 

Edited by Tommo_b

18 hours ago, KentVillan said:

He stopped using that account in September 2022, and then a little while later another account turned up on VT that boasted about running global football tours, and has gone AWOL in the last few days.

Pop me this info pal :D 

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

I remember about 10 years ago the advert for Jermain Defoe's PA which was basically all this and he got pilloried for it

EDIT he paid better though https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/24/jermain-defoe-personal-assistant-sunderland-stocking-fridge

Tbh, Defoe's ad is way worse. Helping players get health insurance, pay council tax and other everyday things is something that will help them in and out of the game - especially if you've been signed with a club from a young age or come from a different country. Defoe wanted someone 24/7 and a stylist.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

If they sign a young lad from foreign parts or with a young family then fair enough, but big Dave moving from Manchester to the Midlands can sort himself out

15 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Tbh, Defoe's ad is way worse. Helping players get health insurance, pay council tax and other everyday things is something that will help them in and out of the game - especially if you've been signed with a club from a young age or come from a different country. Defoe wanted someone 24/7 and a stylist.

Yeah just read that. Sounds like he probably wanted his c**** shook too when he went for a piss. 😂

A week of his wages ain't much for what he wanted.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 22/06/2024 at 16:46, KentVillan said:

Surely not someone who """works in football""" and likes talking down to everyone on here about the usual gobshite nonsense

It's absolutely wonderful when your suspicions about somebody's personality are proved to be correct

Edit: having read the reviews on their tripadvisor I'll take back the above. There's nothing wonderful about this. The subject of that article, whoever he is, is a complete word removed and I hope he gets taken to the cleaners.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â