The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

9 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Game has truly gone now:

The signing bonus alone is a lot bigger than the transfer fee when Neymar went to PSG. So this is basically the most expensive transfer in history, and he’s not even moving.

If he pays 50% tax on the bonus he’ll get 150+100+100+100=450 million after tax for three years. Suddenly Neymar and Messi are paid peanuts in comparison (roughly 50m per year).

PSG managed to break football again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Game has truly gone now:

how can a club afford that for one player, and stay within FFP!?!?!?

Thats not even considering messi, and the other high earners at the club.

genuine question, i assume they just ignore FFP or something!?!?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

Balague said he was joining Real Madrid last week. He's an absolute charlatan. 

The biggest liar in football. Only got a job at Sky because he spoke Spanish 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

how can a club afford that for one player, and stay within FFP!?!?!?

Thats not even considering messi, and the other high earners at the club.

genuine question, i assume they just ignore FFP or something!?!?

“Dear UEFA , we won’t join the Super League with those clubs who tried to end you. We will support your measures however can you turn a blind eye or a nominal fine (😉) in exchange for letting us do whatever the Eff we want?”

thanks hope you enjoy the gift.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Shocked 1

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Game has truly gone now:

Who do we blame next season when PSG lose Champions League knockout game to Frankfurt

Not the Mbappe family they signed the players 

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Balague said he was joining Real Madrid last week. He's an absolute charlatan. 

I wouldn't be surprised if as recent as two days ago he was joining Real.  From memory I can't think of many players signing a new contract this late in their deal (maybe the snake for us but not comparable) and nobody really saw this coming.  I think he is a bit closer to the right figures than those other ones which are ludicrous.

Surely RM will never go back in for him now? Perez is reportedly "apoplectic". But who can afford him if we're in this scenario again when his contract expires in 2025. One report I read said one of Qatar's tools with PSG was to distort the market to such a degree barely anyone could keep up with them. Pretty bleak.

But what option did they have? He's probably the best player in the world already. Totally irreplaceable and would, at least to some degree, signal that the PSG/Qatar project had already peaked.

Everybody is talking about the money (which is shocking true) but it's the other parts of the deal that worry me. He's basically made himself in charge of the team. Drop him for a game? Sack the manager. Play him when he doesn't want to play? Sack the manager. Play better than him? Find yourself being transferred.

He might not exercise any of his new-found powers, but it sounds suspiciously like he wants a say in everything. And anything he doesn't like he won't have to do. Is this player power beyond anything we've seen? I can't imagine his costars are happy about it either.

14 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I mean, they kinda have a point. It's ridiculous how much money PSG can spend without issues

They didnt kick up much of a fuss when the spanish government bailed them out. Madrid, man utd.,  Juventus can all do one as far as I'm concerned. They just want to keep their monopoly. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If he pays 50% tax on the bonus 

I'd be fairly sure kylian wont be paying 50% tax, you can bet he has a company setup in the middle east or in the Cayman islands that suddenly became a whole lot richer. 

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Everybody is talking about the money (which is shocking true) but it's the other parts of the deal that worry me. He's basically made himself in charge of the team. Drop him for a game? Sack the manager. Play him when he doesn't want to play? Sack the manager. Play better than him? Find yourself being transferred.

He might not exercise any of his new-found powers, but it sounds suspiciously like he wants a say in everything. And anything he doesn't like he won't have to do. Is this player power beyond anything we've seen? I can't imagine his costars are happy about it either.

I can't imagine Neymar being there next season. Problem is for him, who on earth is going to want him now? 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I can't imagine Neymar being there next season. Problem is for him, who on earth is going to want him now? 

Newcastle 🙂

They need to get rid of Messi as well and rebuild

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

They didnt kick up much of a fuss when the spanish government bailed them out. Madrid, man utd.,  Juventus can all do one as far as I'm concerned. They just want to keep their monopoly. 

Correct. They’re upset because they can see themselves become second rate powers and don’t like it.

The money is one thing but this reported veto he’ll have on managers, sporting directors and signings is another thing. I’m sceptical whether that’s actually in the deal. No football club that wasn’t total tinpot could surely approve something like that.

The "veto" stuff is weird if it is codified in writing.  Absolute megastar players have always had that sort of power anyway because their happiness trumps everything, but to have it in a contract?  I'm not sure I buy it.   I'm not sure I buy the fact that Madrid won't be back in for M'Bappe in 2025 either, football forgets quickly and M'Bappe will still only be 26 when this new contract expires.   

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â