The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Do you really believe that?

You don't think having someone else as the star signing might take some pressure off him? Plus having a genuinely world class striker to feed might help him?

Personally, for me, I feel he’s going to be pissed he hasn’t been the star man everyone made him feel like in August when he joined. He will see another guy come in to the same fan fare and be jealous he didn’t live up to his billing. Just my thoughts though. The only person that will truly know is Jack himself. 

42 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Personally, for me, I feel he’s going to be pissed he hasn’t been the star man everyone made him feel like in August when he joined. He will see another guy come in to the same fan fare and be jealous he didn’t live up to his billing. Just my thoughts though. The only person that will truly know is Jack himself. 

The first bit about being pissed that he's not a superstar yeah I can see

The second bit about being jealous I don't, I think he'll be buzzing his tits off and it's another justification thing, he joined man City to play with and against the worlds best players and here's another one at training every day

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The first bit about being pissed that he's not a superstar yeah I can see

The second bit about being jealous I don't, I think he'll be buzzing his tits off and it's another justification thing, he joined man City to play with and against the worlds best players and here's another one at training every day

Well, I’m sure we will all find out soon enough as he doesn’t shy away from making his frustrations known on the pitch 😂

There was a French football journalist on the radio, talking about how PSG fans were recently hanging banners at their games saying something like (can't remember exactly, but) 'we can only be patient for so long' or something.

They are currently 16 points clear at the top of Ligue 1.

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

There was a French football journalist on the radio, talking about how PSG fans were recently hanging banners at their games saying something like (can't remember exactly, but) 'we can only be patient for so long' or something.

They are currently 16 points clear at the top of Ligue 1.

They (the ultras section) walked out after 75 minutes yesterday and celebrated the title win outside the stadium to protest the way the club is being run. 

Fwiw I agree with them and their owners are filth. They are spending a lot of money sure but they are mishandling their fantastic academy and their French players and Leonardo is letting his South American players lead by Neymar disrespect the club and fans while making silly money.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Apparently a pizza at the Emirates costs 20 pound.

It wasnt that big and didn't even look tasty 

Wow that's cheap, probably doesn't even buy you a slice in Norway. :D 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

They (the ultras section) walked out after 75 minutes yesterday and celebrated the title win outside the stadium to protest the way the club is being run. 

Fwiw I agree with them and their owners are filth. They are spending a lot of money sure but they are mishandling their fantastic academy and their French players and Leonardo is letting his South American players lead by Neymar disrespect the club and fans while making silly money.

I mean they might be 'run badly' on some level, but in reality they have been given so much money that they have single-handedly destroyed the league they play in. And correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've heard it seems more of the whinging is being directed at failing to win a Champions League than at the morality of their owners.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean they might be 'run badly' on some level, but in reality they have been given so much money that they have single-handedly destroyed the league they play in. And correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've heard it seems more of the whinging is being directed at failing to win a Champions League than at the morality of their owners.

I get the opposite impression. The impression I have gotten is that they feel like their club has been hijacked for political purposes and they want it back, even if it means losing the current mercenaries playing for them. 

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Bayern Munich, or any club, should not win their domestic title 10 years in a row. Its bad for competition,, for entertainment, and for the good of the game.

Its got to be bad for the bundesliga too, 9 years now since the dortmund vs bayern CL final when everything looked in place for the league to be huge, lots of green eyes watching them and the way they treated fans and the stadiums and the atmosphere, football torusim was up, it was taking on la liga and Serie A maybe even stepping on the toes of the PL and bayern have put all of that in the bin, they're a great team and there are some good teams and games but the league is shit, they've killed it as a neutral, its a nothing league 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its got to be bad for the bundesliga too, 9 years now since the dortmund vs bayern CL final when everything looked in place for the league to be huge, lots of green eyes watching them and the way they treated fans and the stadiums and the atmosphere, football torusim was up, it was taking on la liga and Serie A maybe even stepping on the toes of the PL and bayern have put all of that in the bin, they're a great team and there are some good teams and games but the league is shit, they've killed it as a neutral, its a nothing league 

Yet the rest of the table is as competitive as anywhere in Europe. Freiburg in the cup final and a point off 4th, Union not so far behind them. Not to mention Frankfurt bringing 30000 fans to Barcelona 

As for Bayern they arent in great shape. Losing some big players and Lewandowski will be the next to go in the summer. Neuer and Muller nearing the end with a manager who seems out of his depth at this level 

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Think that’s a bit harsh on the Bundesliga and more appropriate for the Premier League tbh (in many respects, thank God for Klopp having made Liverpool a very good side).

The league itself is still very competitive, sides are strong in Europe etc. The “problem” it faces is that it undertakes things in a better manner than the other “top leagues” in Europe. You’re limited on your losses. You have to have an amount of fan ownership. The downside is that players are pinched from your clubs, but they’re always going to be unless you happen to be Bayern.

I’m genuinely **** sick of hearing about Haaland, for example. That’s what the other “top leagues” do to football.

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

What's hurt the Bundesliga more is likes of Bremen, Schalke and Hamburg all declining at same time although pretty good chance the first two will be coming straight back up. Stuttgart and Hertha Berlin were also regulars in europe when I was growing up and now they mostly battle against relegation. Stuttgart actually won the league as recently as 2007 when Bayern Munich were being held 2-2 at home to Bolton in europa league (yes really).

BBC SPORT | Football | Europe | Bayern Munich 2-2 Bolton

Kevin Davies' late goal sealed an epic European result for struggling Bolton and boss Gary Megson in the Uefa Cup.

Some great names in that Bolton team, Gerald Cid was one of the worst CBs I've ever seen at premier league level. Danny Guthrie and Gavin McCann holding their own against Van Bommel and Schweinstiger!

Obviously great to see likes of Freiburg massively punching above their weight but there's a limit with their resources to what they can do.

Dortmund just seem allergic to constructing a decent defence season in season so they drop too many stupid points, they had Burki in goal for years who was Nyland esque. They get close to Bayern then lose to them and that's it for title race.

Edited by VillaChris

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Serie A probably have the highest number of potential title winners currently, with Juventus being relatively shit. Still it's difficult for the italian clubs to compete in Europe because they don't have the money. Tammy Abraham was the biggest signing in Serie A last summer for €40m, which I believe is about £34m.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â