The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

17 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Agreed, I made the same point in the Spurs match topic. Just arrange both games on a date that won’t have to be moved, it’s pretty basic stuff (turns out our game remains Saturday, but the point still stands). And it’s not just attending fans (although they are much more greatly affected), I want to plan things in advance around matches that I’m going to watch on tv too.

In our position I **** hate this.

How can we plan a weekend at home to align with a game if the dates are constantly **** changing.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2022 at 13:05, Wainy316 said:

If I remember correctly, Cup Winners Cup games used to be played on a Thursday but that didn’t used to mean that a participating team’s league fixture would get out back to Sunday. 

It wasn't the CWC but I do remember when we beat Inter Milan at VP after extra time and penalties back in 1994, the Ray Houghton goal, and Phil King winning penalty match. That was a Thursday evening match for some reason, and due to the extra time and penalties the match didn't finish until well after 10pm, we then had a match on the Saturday at home to Newcastle at 3pm.

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

One of the most iconic games in football and both teams wearing away jerseys 🤮🤮

You think that’s bad, I keep seeing Villa playing in claret shirt and shorts just cause of the away teams’ stupid kit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Didn't take long for Marc Overmars to find work..

No but its a huge step down. He is actually good at his job so can see why he had offers eventually 

If Klopp or Guardiola did something similar they would still get job offers. Its a results business right or wrong 

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No but its a huge step down. He is actually good at his job so can see why he had offers eventually 

If Klopp or Guardiola did something similar they would still get job offers. Its a results business right or wrong 

Yes, but we are in the #MeToo era. He's literally back in a job a few weeks after admitting to being a sexual harasser of much younger women.

22 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yes, but we are in the #MeToo era. He's literally back in a job a few weeks after admitting to being a sexual harasser of much younger women.

Of course and I think its shit too. But football teams care about money more than anything else 

Is a team in last 5 years or so that played a sexual predator in the Premier League as it kept them up and got them millions of pound more for example.

well i think semi finals shouldn't be at wembley anyway. But given the fact it was fixed knowledge prior to the season it seems a bit arrogant and weird to try and get it changed mid season. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rodders said:

well i think semi finals shouldn't be at wembley anyway. But given the fact it was fixed knowledge prior to the season it seems a bit arrogant and weird to try and get it changed mid season. 

Its because of train strikes or works or something meaning there are no trains heading north that day 

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its because of train strikes or works or something meaning there are no trains heading north that day 

ah, ok that's a little more reasonable I suppose then!

Semi finals at Wembley dilutes the magic of getting to the final itself IMO.

FA words removed want money back on their investment though. 

Also, FA Cup Final should start at 3pm. Not 5pm or whatever it is now. Done for overseas markets. 

• Like 3

Cheers UEFA 🙄

The new rules will also see clubs allowed more flexibility around annual losses. Under the FFP rules, clubs were only permitted to lose €30 million (£25 million) over three years – this will be increased to €60 million if the club owners cover the losses by cash injections.

Cheers UEFA 🙄

Uefa will phase in the new rules after accepting that many clubs would struggle to hit the 70 per cent mark at the moment. It will be 90 per cent for 2023, 80 per cent for 2024 and then 70 per cent after that.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Cheers UEFA 🙄

The new rules will also see clubs allowed more flexibility around annual losses. Under the FFP rules, clubs were only permitted to lose €30 million (£25 million) over three years – this will be increased to €60 million if the club owners cover the losses by cash injections.

Cheers UEFA 🙄

Uefa will phase in the new rules after accepting that many clubs would struggle to hit the 70 per cent mark at the moment. It will be 90 per cent for 2023, 80 per cent for 2024 and then 70 per cent after that.

i cant believe clubs have agreed to this, it will effectively mean all the "big clubs" have 3/4/5/6 or more times the wage cap of most other clubs, it will effectively lock in the gap and make it nearly impossible to improve?.

Unbelievable tbh.

This must be worse than FFP?, unless im missing something, football is going to the dogs.

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i cant believe clubs have agreed to this, it will effectively mean all the "big clubs" have 3/4/5/6 or more times the wage cap of most other clubs, it will effectively lock in the gap and make it nearly impossible to improve?.

Unbelievable tbh.

This must be worse than FFP?, unless im missing something, football is going to the dogs.

It will I think encourage the elite clubs to hoarde talent to sell as to not be hit by the cap - it's effectively giving them a two-year headstart to maximise on their massive incomes as many teams struggle to secure large profits as they try to get into Europe.

Anything to stop another ESL. Football was better off without them tbh.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Unbelievable tbh.

Not really. It's absolutely predictable from those money-grubbers at UEFA.

16 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

So,what is UEFA actually trying to do,make basketball the most popular game in the world ?!

They're trying to create a stable product that's easy to market and sell to Asia, USA and the Middle East. The same teams again and again so it's easy for fans to pick up. None of these random teams winning stuff confusing people. Leicester's title win scared them (which is weird as it was a worldwide story with lots of interest). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â