Weekends Football 3/5 November

andykeenan

Just now, VillaChris said:

TBF I'm not watching it but I assume it's the lower tier along the touchline which the camera points at which you're all referring to?

That holds 3k and it's difficult to segregate so if Fulham only bring 500 or less you're talking a lot of empty seats.

The South Bank is usually packed regardless of opposition so not sure where else they'd be loads of empty seats.

Wolves are better supported than WBA.

Honestly there's empty seats dotted about all over every stand. We aren't lying to you :D

Just now, PaulC said:

Be interesting to find out what the crowd is 

Is Friday night football not really that popular over there? I like going to night-time NFL games. Atmosphere is much better than in the middle of the day - and of course everyone has had the chance to have a few jars.

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Is Friday night football not really that popular over there? I like going to night-time NFL games. Atmosphere is much better than in the middle of the day - and of course everyone has had the chance to have a few jars.

Friday night and on sky probably going to be a bit smaller than usual

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Only on traditional nights like Tuesday and Wednesday. Monday night football has been going for 20 odd years and still not that popular and Friday night v Man. United a few years back was awful due to meeting all the rush hour traffic. It took me 50 minutes to get to Aston from Five ways on the train would you believe.

Think how bad public transport is after 10pm even in major cities is part of the problem.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Only on traditional nights like Tuesday and Wednesday. Monday night football has been going for 20 odd years and still not that popular and Friday night v Man. United a few years back was awful due to meeting all the rush hour traffic. It took me 50 minutes to get to Aston from Five ways on the train would you believe.

Think how bad public transport is after 10pm even in major cities is part of the problem.

Makes sense. Trains/buses were a nightmare when I left in 1999 - seems they've got worse since.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

It's actually the Villa game from three weeks back.

Is it just me then who when I watch us away on the highlights wants to know where the away fans sit?

:D

No I want to know too. I think O'Neil changed the away fans at VP from sitting in the lower north so we could always be attacking Villa fans. But I also like the fact they can't be seen on TV - the dirty scumbags.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

If you asked many match going fans most would still want all the games kicking off at 3pm. I can live with the Sunday games as grown up with them but could do without half 7 on Boxing day for example.

So it would be interesting to see how popular night games would be if there was better infrastructure.

99% of stadiums over here are built out of town right next to highways. They've got getting people in and out quickly down to a science. Bit different with UK football stadiums all being built in the middle of cities. 

Have to say very flattering score line for wolves. Barring the goals they have done absolutely nothing.

two pieces of very poor defending from Fulham. They have offered nothing going forward. This is like deja vu for villa game

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â