Villa Podcasts

Hornso

18 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Because the majority of football fans are dribbling morons. 

FTFY

As time goes on the more I hate football fans. Probably controversial on a football forum. But so many of them are words removed.

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

FTFY

As time goes on the more I hate football fans. Probably controversial on a football forum. But so many of them are words removed.

I feel this way about humanity as a whole 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

FTFY

Well I didn't want to sound like a complete prick, but yea, I agree. 

The archetypes of people who go to football games 8/10 make me want to vomit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Well I didn't want to sound like a complete prick, but yea, I agree. 

The archetypes of people who go to football games 8/10 make me want to vomit. 

The frustrating thing, is that you're part of the respectable 2/10, but you're just as annoying, if not more! :lol:

• Haha 3

I was speaking to Max Stokes yesterday before the game and we were talking about the incident he was involved in recently. I just dont get why people have a problem with this kind of content, I certainly wouldn't do anything like that as i hate being on camera etc. Fair play to those who do and I watch many of them regularly especially for the away games. 

13 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Have tried my old man a few times since the Villa View announced they are ending.  Just can't get into the style so each to their own. My search for a replacement podcast continues.

1874 - Its basically the Villa View but Dan Bardell with Greg Evans instead of Tom Julian

21 hours ago, leighavfc said:

I was speaking to Max Stokes yesterday before the game and we were talking about the incident he was involved in recently. I just dont get why people have a problem with this kind of content, I certainly wouldn't do anything like that as i hate being on camera etc. Fair play to those who do and I watch many of them regularly especially for the away games. 

On 02/03/2020 at 11:22, Villan4Life said:

A lad called Josh from "TheVillaHub" doing vlog's got threatened yesterday at Wembley.

He's put a post about it on FB group "AVFC - The Pride Live🦁 #UTV"

not keen on his vlogs to be honest. max's are 10 times better. but have no problem with either of them doing what they do. it's a real shame that (looking on that FB post) a lot of fans seem to really object to it.

i wonder if it's the older generation not quite understanding that there is a difference between just doing a bit of filming on your phone and being an actual vlogger

Well that's it for the Villa View then, fair play to the lads for the content they have produced and the fundraising they have done over the past few years. As others have said as soon as Rollo went it was only a matter of time really. I wish them all well for the future in their new roles.

I used to listen all the time and couldn't get enough of it at one point. In all honesty I stopped listening a couple games into the season as I felt it was becoming more and more the Dan Bardell show. His voice and whining on social media about not getting presenting jobs started to really grate on me in the end. He is a bit up his own arse for my liking tbh, but I guess you have to kind of have to be that way to be a presenter. Haven't listened to the new pod with Gregg Evan's as of yet, I may give it a try soon but I am not sure i will be able to listen to them 2 on the same pod too often.

I like Tom, for me he was the far more likeable character, even if he was a bit cheesy and geeky. I normally cant listen to people like that. Yes he came out with some wacky opinions at times but he was far more bearable for me and I will be looking out to see how he gets on with his job at the Bundesliga. 

My favourite pod is MOM's by a country mile, it's more entertaining and a little different with the features. I get peoples gripes about the swearing etc, i swear unnecessarily a lot though so doesn't really bother me. I like the sarcasm and banter of MOM's, with a bit of gallows humour in their too. I would say I prefer it when its David, Chris and Dan as a trio rather than the fan guest they have on. I just feel as a 3 they really do bounce well off each other. 

I've tried Holtecast but it is just so dull and boring, I also think the actual football knowledge between Rushton and Rhaza is poor as well imo. Again fair play to them, they do more than I do a fan... it's just really doesn't keep my attention for long. 

Edited by leighavfc
  • Like 1

Gregg Evans is so poor on that Athletic one.

He uses so many words to say absolutely nothing with every answer. Athletic really should get Mat Kendrick in.

Dan from the VV who has joined him is OK. Real, passionate fan which is good, find myself disagreeing with a lot of what he says but he justifies it all so it's just seeing things differently.

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Dan from the VV who has joined him is OK. Real, passionate fan which is good, find myself disagreeing with a lot of what he says but he justifies it all so it's just seeing things differently.

Oh yeah dont get me wrong he is a real passionate Villa fan and I wouldn't say I disagree with him anymore than I agree with him. It's his personality I'm not really a fan of anymore, I feel as if the popularity of the VV has gone to his head a little too much. I completely get why people like him/ his work but it's just not for me anymore. Again I wish him alm the best! He is clearly achieving his goals, and there is no way anybody can knock him for that.

Edited by leighavfc

Shame that the Villa View has come to an end, great channel and the podcast was very enjoyable. Tried the 1874 but I just can't be arsed with listening to Gregg Evans.

I quite like the Claret and Blue podcast though with Dan Rolinson, Mat Kendrick and Ashley Preece. Will probably be what I go to from now on. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 2

Shame The Villa View has gone, started listening to it last year. Dan and Tom had a good chemistry between them and came across as thoroughly decent human beings. 

I'd say MOMS was still better though and remains the only Villa related podcast worth listening to. Not a fan of the unnecessary swearing which often sounds quite forced, likewise some of the banter can be a little tedious. On the whole though David, Chris and Dan are all good analysts of the game and able to articulate their views in a coherent and interesting way. Dan Rodgers had been away for a few weeks and his sharp wit and dry comments were a miss for me. David Michael does a good job as the host although has a slightly annoying habit during moments of 'banter' of repeating exactly what one of the others has just said. Overall though, hands down the best out there and an enjoyable listen.

In the wake of the end of The Villa View I tried Gather Round The Lamp which only served to highlight how difficult it is to put together a good podcast. The English guy seems very unsure of himself and the American dude speaks with a total lack of punctuation, the resultant effect being akin to a machine gun attack on the ears.

At the moment, one Villa based podcast is more than enough for me anyway. I get the rest of my fix from The Guardian Football Weekly and all The Totally Football Show stuff.

• Like 1

I only got into VillaView after the play offs this year, so it’s a shame about them finishing. 
1874 isn’t bad, it’s very similar in style to how VillaView was, but Evans can be a bit boring. 
I do like the Claret and Blue one. Kendrick, Rollo and Ash do seem to have good chemistry and it’s fairly lighthearted. 
Started MOMS this season, couldn’t get into it (they had the kid from Villa Away days on and didn’t like him), swearing I couldn’t care less about, they were just so negative about everything. I genuinely find myself getting depressed and in a bad mood after listening to it, couldn’t be having that much negativity in my life so gave it a miss. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â