John Terry

Farlz

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll take the word of the likes of BBC, ESPN, Telegraph, Daily Mail etc over Football365. 

Cheers.

If they established what his wage demands were then surely there was interest .

If they weren't interested in him why bother finding out his wage demands.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eastie said:

If they established what his wage demands were then surely there was interest .

If they weren't interested in him why bother finding out his wage demands.

I mean, it doesn't say 'there was no interest at any stage' does it. There's a pretty clear implication that they asked his wage demands, and then became not-interested. 

Absolutely despise the guy. However, it's a massive coup for Villa. It may end in disaster and he may not be the player he was but it sends out a signal of intent from Villa. Still not getting my hopes up of a promotion push tho.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I also cannot wait for him to put that nobody Bacuna in his place the first time he throws a temper tantrum.

I'd rather Bacuna just never played for Aston Villa ever again.

• Like 4

It could definitely backfire and become a huge waste of money. Personally I'm very happy with the signing, but I just hope he stays injury free and Bruce uses him sensibly. I don't see many strikers in this league giving him too much trouble. I hope he's worth the pain of having his name tattooed on your arse :D

Bruce seemed frustrated last season that the players were not following his plan and exasperated at some performances - Terry is a leader on the pitch , he will do the motivating on the field and get players playing hopefully - in some ways doing Bruce's job for him but on the pitch .

22 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It could definitely backfire and become a huge waste of money. Personally I'm very happy with the signing, but I just hope he stays injury free and Bruce uses him sensibly. I don't see many strikers in this league giving him too much trouble. I hope he's worth the pain of having his name tattooed on your arse :D

Or your wifes

If you watch his interviews he says 'listen' at the start of his answers a lot, its a quality I like in a leader. Basically stfu and listen to what I have to say, we need that on and off the pitch.

• Like 1

Just now, Hoof hearted said:

If you watch his interviews he says 'listen' at the start of his answers a lot, its a quality I like in a leader. Basically stfu and listen to what I have to say, we need that on and off the pitch.

A real leader wouldn't have to implore people to listen. Terry Out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I certainly think there is a lot in what you say here. You could see it in the likes of Hourihane, Hogan, McCormack, Elphick etc last season. All had been big fish in small ponds at their respective clubs, a couple of them club captains, but they came here and played like they were in awe of the place. John Terry by his very presence on the pitch will instil confidence in those around him and I am confident we will see a very noticeable difference in the other players.

I agree.  I think the first time he's standing in front of the Holte, instead of getting nervous and tight, he'll feed off the energy and his self confidence will hopefully permeate through to the players around him.

• Like 2

Can't help but think that Bruce sees a lot of himself in Terry.

Both played for big clubs.
Both were centre halves.
Both were captain of their sides.
Both won numerous trophies.
Both left their respective club at roughly the same age.
Both dropped down a division to continue playing.

I'll leave the rest of you to point out the differences - e.g. Bruce never played for England, Bruce, as far as we know, never shagged his team mates missus, etc. etc.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Terry has also yet to write best selling novels such as 'Sweeper' and 'Striker'.

What exactly constitutes a best seller? I'm not sure that the books that Steve Bruce penned were best sellers.:D

It dawned on me yesterday the calibre of player we are signing.

This last week i've been so wrapped up in thinking about his character, his wages, his age that i didn't stop to think how good Terry is/was as playing football.

Just look at some of his personnel honours from wiki: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Terry#Honours) :

This genuinely World Class player is now playing for us and in the championship. Top, Top singing. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â