Manchester Arena Explosion

OutByEaster?

Just occured to me...

This happened 4 years to the day of the murder of Lee Rigby.

Too much of a coincidence in my view.

Latest reports saying 22 dead and 59 injured.

Just monumentally horrific.

Cowadly clearings in the woods.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Sadly we will see more attacks like this here and across Europe and the West as ISIS lose their territory. Let's face it, it's almost certainly them or someone acting in support of them.

Yep, need to find the rest of the cell quickly now, hopefully avoiding any follow up attacks by people expecting to get lifted.

Insanely 100's of these animals have been allowed to return from Syria, plus several thousand who are on the radar but haven't travelled anywhere. Keeping a close eye on all of them is mission impossible. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yep, need to find the rest of the cell quickly now, hopefully avoiding any follow up attacks by people expecting to get lifted.

Insanely 100's of these animals have been allowed to return from Syria, plus several thousand who are on the radar but haven't travelled anywhere. Keeping a close eye on all of them is mission impossible. 

Could be a cell, could be a less structured self starting individual or group. Hard to know at this stage.

Weve obviously seen examples of cell attacks in Belgium and France where as you say there is a urgency to locate other members before further attacks.

This attack, to me seems fairly crude and with no official claim of responsibility yet has the feel of being more of the self starter variety.

We shall see, I would expect a wave of arrests though in the next few hours and I wouldn't be surprised if they've already got an idea of who carried out this attack.

On Your later point, it's a logistical nightmare for the security forces. 

As for how to minimise the chances of these things happening, something this big has to be the work of a larger group. People operating on their own generally need more dense crowds so would need to get past security to inflict the most damage. So you're really just relying on the authorities to stop the more organised groups before they get that far.

The security at Disney world and universal in Orlando was very good as it has to be. They have wide open spaces will multiple points of entry to spread people out and then have armed police everywhere leading up to the entrance with multiple checkpoints to get through.

I don't think you can stop someone with a bomb killing 20 people. You'd think a group like ISIS would want a higher death toll from a cell operation though.

Inhuman, cowardly, scumbags

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Be interesting to find out the identity of the attacker. If it's a British citizen then undoubtedly there is more we could have done to prevent this.

I suspect of if it is someone who snuck in as a immigrant from Syria we won't hear about it as close to an election could be ruin Theresa May 

It doesn't need to be a 'cell'. A single person slipping through the cracks is easily capable of this. A group only adds to the likelihood of being caught.

They don't necessarily 'require' more dead either. The numbers aren't really the point. It's the attack itself and the mental effect. After a certain point more deaths just become a statistic. The attack, from the perpetrator's perspective, just needed to work and to get the world looking.

• Like 1

I guess I am like a lot of people, who have mixed emotions of sorrow and anger over such a horrible thing.

I feel for the senseless loss of young lives, and the scarring of innocence of those that managed to survive but be a part of this. I feel for the parents that are left to cope with the sudden loss of their kids. I feel for Ms Grande too, who was inconsolable after this happened, and although I am not a fan of hers, I feel for that kid too.

Targeting kids.:( What brave f***ing c***s you are! What is your f***ing point?! If there is a hell, they deserve to dwell in the worst part of it. F*** em.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I suspect of if it is someone who snuck in as a immigrant from Syria we won't hear about it as close to an election could be ruin Theresa May 

There isn't really any sort of foundation for this sort of thing and it's not really helpful in this topic Dem.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Shit news to wake up to. Pure evil, stone the sobs responsible  :angry:

Tragic news

You'd have to piece them back together first ....

Â