General Election 2017

ender4

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah, it didn't work, did it? Dunno if that's because it was so OTT as to be funny, or if it was preaching to the converted only, or if people saw through it as rubbish (largely), or if because his "past crimes" [not actual crimes] were a while ago and so deemed not relevant, or if it's because papers are kind of semi obsolete and people use the twitters and facehole n' youtube and those things these days.

Combination of all perhaps. But the Mail ran 13 bloody pages on Corbyn in one issue. For Labour to poll 40% after a hatchet job on that scale, something just might be changing . We can but hope. 

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 1

Just now, meregreen said:

the Mail ran 13 bloody pages on Corbyn in one issue

Yeah, that's the OTT part I was on about - it was yesterday I think, (or wednesday)

• Like 1

There may be trouble ahead, part deux:

'If this were any other election in any other time in our history, then you’d say, oh yes, the prime minister needs to stand down. But this is different, because we’re about to start negotiating, of course, with Brexit.

We do need a prime minister at this moment. I don’t believe personally that Theresa May will stay as our prime minister indefinitely, in my view it may well be just a period of transition. We do need to get some stability.'

EDIT: How did I miss the fun part?

'Frankly, if the leader picks people who advise her so badly and cannot see that they’re being advised badly then that tells me, I’m afraid, that that’s not the leader we need.'

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Corbyn needs to build a stronger cabinet over the next few months , get some young fresh blood in to fight the upcoming GE, it will happen that's for sure. 

As for the Tories they are imploding before our very eyes and the damage  in the next few months of their alliance with the DUP will make the election run in look like a dream rather than the  nightmare it was.

Anti gay, Terrorist links ....., imagine what Sinn fein must be thinking? .it could re ignite problems in Northern Ireland , that's how selfish she is , she really is disgusting. 

Labour will win the next election and negotiate a Brexit that's palatable for 75% of the population, not the 25% May targeted during her pathetic election campaign .

• Like 1

One wonders how long before Sinn Fein's own supporters tell them to go and cross their fingers and swear allegiance to the queen. SF campaigned on a platform of stopping the Tories and getting Brexit to be as soft as possible, they attracted a lot of young voters this time much like Labour. And yes they campaigned on an abstentionist ticket but these are strange times in politics, it shouldn't be beyond the scope of anyone's imagination these days to think it at least a possibility. Not straight away obviously but somewhere down the road it could happen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I keep seeing different newspapers talking about some parties losing their "biggest beasts". When did that become a phrase, it's ridiculous. 

Its a typo

• Like 2

This coalition is ridiculous.

Corbyn needs to regroup and wait to see how they act. Hes a man of the people so has the power to block things like the dementia tax, hes better off letting the Tories do it and take the next election. 

Surely the Tories wont be so stupid as to deliver some of the policies that impact on pensioners, its suicide. If they dont go through with it they are liars, if they do they lose that whole demographic. 

As soon as the Brexit negotiations start I expect the media to turn back on Corbyn, hoping they actually invest time in their writing and investigation to find out what May is actually trying to negotiate 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicho said:

This coalition is ridiculous.

Corbyn needs to regroup and wait to see how they act. Hes a man of the people so has the power to block things like the dementia tax, hes better off letting the Tories do it and take the next election. 

Surely the Tories wont be so stupid as to deliver some of the policies that impact on pensioners, its suicide. If they dont go through with it they are liars, if they do they lose that whole demographic. 

As soon as the Brexit negotiations start I expect the media to turn back on Corbyn, hoping they actually invest time in their writing and investigation to find out what May is actually trying to negotiate 

They didn't actually lose the pensioner vote though did they?  If the Tories' vote actually went up then they must have carried a large percentage of the older vote I'd have thought, and these policies were in black and white in the manifesto.  Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if the care funding is one of the few areas they can get cross-party support, or at least some dialogue started.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â