General Election 2017

ender4

Am I right in saying that the DUP have links to actual terrorist organisations?

After the Tories campaigned hard on Corbyn being a terrorist sympathiser?

Not only does May not have the good decency to fall on her sword, but she wants to form a coalition with an insane terrorist party.

Jesus.

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but another 3 or 4 seats to Labour would be seeing a minority rainbow coalition now, right?

No, left. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

What is a genuine alternative, tories have the most seats.

Run as a minority government without the DUP and call another GE for 12 months time?

She should at least step down. She's the unflushable turd. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Am I right in saying that the DUP have links to actual terrorist organisations?

After the Tories campaigned hard on Corbyn being a terrorist sympathiser?

Not only does May not have the good decency to fall on her sword, but she wants to form a coalition with an insane terrorist party.

Jesus.

Yes. If it wasn't the nastyloony party you couldn't make it up.

I look forward to the 13 page Daily Mail special on how Theresa May is now a terrorist sympathiser.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

Run as a minority government without the DUP and call another GE for 12 months time?

She should at least step down. She's the unflushable turd. 

Isnt that where we are right now? If it works why do they need to call another election in 12 months time half way through Brexit, surely thats untenable.

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Isnt that where we are right now? If it works why do they need to call another election in 12 months time half way through Brexit, surely thats untenable.

Well not quite, the government is being propped up by a string of nutters

And yes it isn't ideal. Blame the idiot who called the election now.

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

Well not quite, the government is being propped up by a string of nutters

And yes it isn't ideal. Blame the idiot who called the election now.

Not yet it isnt, Not according to other posters on here, so who is right?

Edited by mykeyb

7 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

You could view a lot of scenarios as untenable to be fair - it's a mess. 

She can't stay on Mykey, she will be shredded by the media (well, some of them), shredded by the opposition and shredded by her own party. 

In the same way the Labour Party couldn't see their way to supporting JC for the greater good, the Tory Party won't run the risk of May making things even worse. They won't think about Europe, ahead of their own political necks on the block. They will demand blood imo. 

We could then get a new leader, who tries to plough on for 12 months or so, offering some 'stability' in negotiations with the EU. But if there was even a hint of exit talks not going well, or a worsening of economic conditions - the demand for another GE couldn't be ignored. 

Edited by wazzap24

25 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don't doubt that Abbott gets all kinds of abuse from various neanderthals and trolls and all that, but it's hard to think of any senior political figure who so frequently has, um, car-crashed election interviews. There was nothing behind the original VT post of any "-ist" nature.

Point well put. Compound this with the fact that Abbott herself many times have said "black mums are better than white mums" etc just turns her into a clown. She plays the race and gender card as soon as she can but doesn't realise that she herself is a racist with some really weird views on what Britain should do with their foreign policy. She sent her kid to a private school instead of sending him to a public school in Hackney because of the problems at the school in a majority West-Indian neighbourhood. She's just a big hypocrite with no experience who have been living off the taxpayer's money her whole life. It's about time that someone made her work for her wage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Because there's other stuff they need passed. For example could they get a budget through, ? Would she get anything passed on the NHS ? Just examples - then day in day out the Tories aren't getting anything done. They think f k this and go to the electorate one way or the other.

Personally I still think with a few tweaks and a new leader the Tories could quite easily win in six months time. Last night was one Off. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Because there's other stuff they need passed. For example could they get a budget through, ? Would she get anything passed on the NHS ? Just examples - then day in day out the Tories aren't getting anything done. They think f k this and go to the electorate one way or the other.

Personally I still think with a few tweaks and a new leader the Tories could quite easily win in six months time. Last night was one Off. 

I dont think anyone a tory hq has the stomach for another election in 6 months or 12 months, they will do what ever they can to limp on for as long as possible but will start the clear up process with a new face in charge.

Just now, mykeyb said:

100% agree on this one, but she aint quiting and she wont be ousted this side of the summer break.

If there was a stand out alternative, I think she'd be gone already mate. 

See Hippos post above for other reasons why they probably can't see this through without another GE fairly quickly. 

Even with a very small coalition majority, they will struggle to get things passed without cross party support. Given there isn't really much common ground now due to Labours shift - it will be a massive uphill battle. 

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

I dont think anyone a tory hq has the stomach for another election in 6 months or 12 months, they will do what ever they can to limp on for as long as possible but will start the clear up process with a new face in charge.

Maybe not Today - but loosing commons vote after commons vote isn't a good place to be. Another GE might be seen as the least bad option - I am sure the theory will rise that Jun 8 was as good as its going to get for Corbyn. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Maybe not Today - but loosing commons vote after commons vote isn't a good place to be. Another GE might be seen as the least bad option - I am sure the theory will rise that Jun 8 was as good as its going to get for Corbyn. 

That's the $64 question. Has Corbyn peaked, or is he on a roll? 

He needs to get the trators back on side, form a decent shadow cabinet, and keep the pressure up. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â