General Election 2017

ender4

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Corbyn and Labour ran a brilliant campaign, May and the tories probably couldnt have run a worse one - somethinh they wont repeat.

it's kinda of a worrying trend in the last few elections , Trump run a good campaign , by good I mean in that his team focussed on the seats that Hilary thought weren't even in play and mopped up , something similar was said about May yesterday in that they just took it for granted they would win the marginal where Labour had a small lead and didn't even bother going there ..and promptly won none / very few

Brexit , again was a good campaign , all be it not on the issues , which is sorta my point , but good in the sense they got the message out in the places they needed to

Miliband's manifesto wasn't  a million miles removed from Corbyn's  .. the difference was in the campaigns  .... so I dunno , does that actually make the policies irrelevant and it all comes sdown to who has the best campaign manger ?

5 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Any reason why you choose to use a black female in power who got a few sums wrong, rather than some of the white male conservatives or even May who wasn't aware of our funding for North Korea?

Not sure if serious?

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

it's kinda of a worrying trend in the last few elections , Trump run a good campaign , by good I mean in that his team focussed on the seats that Hilary thought weren't even in play and mopped up , something similar was said about May yesterday in that they just took it for granted they would win the marginal where Labour had a small lead and didn't even bother going there ..and promptly won none / very few

Brexit , again was a good campaign , all be it not on the issues , which is sorta my point , but good in the sense they got the message out in the places they needed to

Miliband's manifesto wasn't  a million miles removed from Corbyn's  .. the difference was in the campaigns  .... so I dunno , does that actually make the policies irrelevant and it all comes sdown to who has the best campaign manger ?

No ukip and the scrapping of student loans are where labours extra votes came from

Ed Milliband just couldn't connect with enough people and didn't seem a credible world leader. Corbyn certainly can so now needs to get the party in shape and then Labour could actually win the next election that will be coming up at some point in the next six months perhaps.

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The Tories polled 48.9% with extremely unpopular policies   ..I'd put that 2018 victory parade booking on hold for now if I were you :)

Thats a very valid point, this was probably the worst manifesto from them and yet they still have a lot more seats than labour. Although if May stays it will be a landslide next election 

12 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Any reason why you choose to use a black female in power who got a few sums wrong, rather than some of the white male conservatives or even May who wasn't aware of our funding for North Korea?

Are you seriously suggesting my post is racist? Wow. 

10 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

So you dont think they should listen to what the GBP have told them.......

I think they are caught between a rock and a hard place. 

There campaign has basically been an attack on Labour, rather than a promotion of their own ideals. 

If they shift even slightly left, so soon after this, why would you ever vote for such shameless flip flopping? 

Its quite clear the two parties are now idealogically miles apart, so they either do (another) u-turn or, change the leader, dig in and fight. 

15 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I think his thought process is that Diane Abbott has been a train wreck this election. Does it matter what her skin colour is? It's weird how some people accusing others of being a racist sometimes come off worse themselves. His dig was at Diane Abbott's numerous problems this election - not at her race. The only one who brought the race and gender card into this was you, my friend.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ed Milliband just couldn't connect with enough people and didn't seem a credible world leader. Corbyn certainly can so now needs to get the party in shape and then Labour could actually win the next election that will be coming up at some point in the next six months perhaps.

you think Labour can win 70 more seats at the next election ? - I don't

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I thought that might happen Chris but I don't think there will be another election anytime soon. Not in the next two years imo

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

That's fantastic. 

I like how hidden amongst all the crazy policies in there, was a completely sensible one about MPs having to live local to their constituency :D 

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I like how hidden amongst all the crazy policies in there, was a completely sensible one about MPs having to live local to their constituency :D 

Yeah, that was amusing. I wish that would happen!

4 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I think they are caught between a rock and a hard place. 

There campaign has basically been an attack on Labour, rather than a promotion of their own ideals. 

If they shift even slightly left, so soon after this, why would you ever vote for such shameless flip flopping? 

Its quite clear the two parties are now idealogically miles apart, so they either do (another) u-turn or, change the leader, dig in and fight. 

Shouldnt that be Their campaign.

I believe they will look at the result and change to become more palatable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

The DUP appear to have demanded nothing other than a desire to keep Corbyn out of number 10. - I thought they would haggle a bit !

They don't need to.  The arithmetic means they have the possibility, every day, of bringing down the government.  That's a more powerful position than committing support for a period in return for a limited set of demands.  They can exert constant, hidden pressure.

13 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Shouldnt that be Their campaign.

I believe they will look at the result and change to become more palatable.

Ha! Brilliant, we are having a debate and you call me out on my grammar. Deflection first - sums up the Tory campaign :crylaugh:

Maybe they will, but if they do, it won't be because they believe it's the right thing to do, or because they have 'listened to the GBP', it will be a desperate power grab and the electorate will see through it imo. 

Edited by wazzap24
spelling!!!!

gif-boob-blunder.gif?strip=all&quality=1

Awkward white man high five.

Edit, if you look at his face a split second after he did it you can see a hamster like grin - I think he enjoyed it.

Edited by magnkarl

8 minutes ago, peterms said:

They don't need to.  The arithmetic means they have the possibility, every day, of bringing down the government.  That's a more powerful position than committing support for a period in return for a limited set of demands.  They can exert constant, hidden pressure.

I thought they would at least demanded an election free timescale.

As it is they prop up the Tories - until the Tories feel comfortable enough to call another election. So they gain nothing. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â