General Election 2017

ender4

A lot of people still won't vote Labour because of Corbyn.........and still Labour polled 40%. A pointer that Labours policies are extremely popular. All talk of Labours demise shown to be premature. They will , I believe, go on from this to win the next election.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets take your young people example then Mark, so Corbyn says I want to scrap tuition fees, May says no. So therefore nothing happens. imagine brexit, May comes back and says I got this deal, labour says na don't like that then she drags on for even longer. meanwhile pound plummets and we suffer. like Paul said I would rather a majority win for labour or conservatives than this. Its going to be absolute mess 

I disagree - it means she can't get a hard brexit through.  DUP will back back most Tory policy - just not the right wing headbanger stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, meregreen said:

A lot of people still won't vote Labour because of Corbyn.........and still Labour polled 40%. A pointer that Labours policies are extremely popular. All talk of Labours demise shown to be premature. They will , I believe, go on from this to win the next election.

Yes well it goes in cycles so its there turn next but its a question of when? Will they have to wait 5 years?

Just now, meregreen said:

I disagree this election was a one off. Labour played a blinder getting the students on board - they can quite easily be got round by a more student friendly loan system. they might even only have to muddy the waters...

Just now, Paddywhack said:

Possible silly question - why are we talking about another general election this year off the back of the result of this one? I don't understand

no majority

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

Possible silly question - why are we talking about another general election this year off the back of the result of this one? I don't understand

No majority innit.

3 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

@tonyh29

I'm standing by!! 

I've doubled the donation anyway, because I'm a good guy ;)

£50 on Labour running the country within 12 months?? 

Cannot see it in all honesty.

May will be gone in a couple of months but the tories will be in government for longer than 12 months....

21 minutes ago, darrenm said:

May booking an audience with the Queen as quick as she can before the party gets the leadership plot going?

And BBC reporting she's had little discussion with Cabinet members.

She clearly thinks she hasn't already alienated her colleagues enough.

This politics thing seems a little beyond her.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peterms said:

And BBC reporting she's had little discussion with Cabinet members.

She clearly thinks she hasn't already alienated her colleagues enough.

This politics thing seems a little beyond her.

All seems a bit rushed. No doubt she has a pre- agreement with DUP

10 minutes ago, meregreen said:

The Tories polled 48.9% with extremely unpopular policies   ..I'd put that 2018 victory parade booking on hold for now if I were you :)

Just now, PaulC said:

All seems a bit rushed. No doubt she has a pre- agreement with DUP

I doubt there was anything that predated the exit poll.

It will be more like a combination of blind panic and trying to get something in place before the men in dark suits arrive.

And now, having spent the campaign hiding from the media and the public, she's hiding from her own Cabinet.  Astonishing.

42 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

And the current government lost their majority. 

Without a coalition, they cannot form one either and if it they do, it will be about as 'strong and stable' as newborn giraffe on ice. 

Labour have defied all expectation in a matter of weeks, what do you think will happen if this trend continues for months? 

I doubt the trend will last more than a couple of weeks to be honest, Labour are no nearer forming a government. Corbyn used his Joker in the student loans policy which you can be sure the tories will be all over and rip it to shreds.

Corbyn and Labour ran a brilliant campaign, May and the tories probably couldnt have run a worse one - somethinh they wont repeat.

Just now, peterms said:

I doubt there was anything that predated the exit poll.

It will be more like a combination of blind panic and trying to get something in place before the men in dark suits arrive.

And now, having spent the campaign hiding from the media and the public, she's hiding from her own Cabinet.  Astonishing.

It does seem very strange. Surely she should have discussed with her cabinet members whether they want her to stay as leader first. 

Just now, PaulC said:

It does seem very strange. Surely she should have discussed with her cabinet members whether they want her to stay as leader first. 

she didn't discuss the manifesto with them by all accounts (based on the ITK on the ITV) so I guess she isn't going to discuss her position with them either

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

As they say, never ask a question to which you don't already know the answer.

Though I suspect she has a strong suspicion about what the answer will be, at least if she has the slightest glimpse of self-awareness.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

If they change the manifesto in an effort to stop Labour's momentum, they should, quite rightly, get absolutely ripped in the media. The public would be mad not to see through it and throw them back in the sea. 

So you dont think they should listen to what the GBP have told them.......

54 minutes ago, av1 said:

It looks like Corbyn has been taking maths lessons from Diane Abbott. 

Here

Any reason why you choose to use a black female in power who got a few sums wrong, rather than some of the white male conservatives or even May who wasn't aware of our funding for North Korea?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â