General Election 2017

ender4

Just now, Risso said:

Diane Abbott

Not sure what your point is?

(As an aside, I personally dislike her, but I don't think her blunder over figures, as shadow Home Secretary, are quite as alarming of those of the current Chancellor of the Exchequer).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

This often seems to be something often said during this campaign.

Why wouldn't Corbyn's policies work?  How are the general public more informed than a political party?  Further, you're happy with the run the country is being run at the moment?

I've realised that whoever is in power go back on their word and are on the scam. Governments are not very popular and it's easy to see why. I don't agree with everything Corbyn says but he's seems a nice enough bloke. Labour don't seem like they are ready to run the country yet and although conservative are far from perfect they seem more secure. Like I said I'm not voting because I don't know enough about politics and I'm fed up of it tbf. Aslong as there is plenty of work and my family are healthy and happy that's enough for me.

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I've realised that whoever is in power go back on their word and are on the scam. Governments are not very popular and it's easy to see why. I don't agree with everything Corbyn says but he's seems a nice enough bloke. Labour don't seem like they are ready to run the country yet and although conservative are far from perfect they seem more secure. Like I said I'm not voting because I don't know enough about politics and I'm fed up of it tbf. Aslong as there is plenty of work and my family are healthy and happy that's enough for me.

Honestly, if that's your main goal here, why wouldn't you vote for the party that is encouraging investing in education, healthcare and infrastructure?!

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

Honestly, if that's your main goal here, why wouldn't you vote for the party that is encouraging investing in education, healthcare and infrastructure?!

Because I don't believe it will happen. I think Corbyns plans are unrealistic. I don't feel comfortable voting for labour or conservative hence why I'm not voting. I watch the news a lot and I read the papers a lot but I'm just on standby at the moment. Politically this country is up in the air with everything that is going on.

• Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Because I don't believe it will happen. I think Corbyns plans are unrealistic. I don't feel comfortable voting for labour or conservative hence why I'm not voting. I watch the news a lot and I read the papers a lot but I'm just on standby at the moment. Politically this country is up in the air with everything that is going on.

Why do you think they're unrealistic though?  The whole reason parties give these pledges and policies is so they can implement them when in power.  If they don't do them, they get taken to task for it (or, rather, they should do.  Nick Clegg definitely was.)

I find it strange that your stance is that the current government, who have openly lied time and time again recently and have provided zero numeration on their policies, are "best equipped" to lead us and would likely get your vote if you were voting - whereas, the party who is actively campaigning for pretty much exactly what you want in life and for your family is "unrealistic" and therefore wouldn't get your vote.   If anything, I'd have thought it the other way round!

(Please vote, by the way).

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I'd rather vote for the party that is striving towards my goals, even if I think they will fall short, than a party doing the opposite. 

There seems to be a huge proportion of people who think something along the lines of "I like their policies but they won't win, so why bother?"

I don't think labour have a chance of winning but that's not the reason why I'm not voting for them. I'm just not sure. I'm normally conservative  but this time I'm sitting it out. I don't know enough anyway tbf.

Just now, bobzy said:

Why do you think they're unrealistic though?  The whole reason parties give these pledges and policies is so they can implement them when in power.  If they don't do them, they get taken to task for it (or, rather, they should do.  Nick Clegg definitely was.)

I find it strange that your stance is that the current government, who have openly lied time and time again recently and have provided zero numeration on their policies, are "best equipped" to lead us and would likely get your vote if you were voting - whereas, the party who is actively campaigning for pretty much exactly what you want in life and for your family is "unrealistic" and therefore wouldn't get your vote.   If anything, I'd have thought it the other way round!

(Please vote, by the way).

Where is the money coming from to sort those problems he says he's going to sort out. I'm going off tv reports and papers by the way, but yeah I don't feel confident enough about Corbyn or labour to vote for them.

There are also policies of his im against too. Open borders for one and his association with terrorists leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I know the present government are in bed with the Saudis which also angers me. 

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Where is the money coming from to sort those problems he says he's going to sort out. I'm going off tv reports and papers by the way, but yeah I don't feel confident enough about Corbyn or labour to vote for them.

Mainly in increased taxation of the rich and increasing corporation tax (to a level that is still lower than most other "large" world economies).  Again, things that just aren't bad.

It's amazing how much mud Corbyn's name has been dragged through over... speaking eloquently and having good ideas :(

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There are also policies of his im against too. Open borders for one and his association with terrorists leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I know the present government are in bed with the Saudis which also angers me. 

I think he is a hypocrite as he's a pacifist who doesn't believe in shoot to kill policy and now he has changed his tune. Not saying May isn't either but hes not  the great guy that people make him out to be. 

Edited by PaulC

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think he is a hypocrite as he's a pacifist who doesn't believe in shoot to kill policy and now he has changed his tune. Not saying May isn't either but hes not  the great guy that people make him out to be. 

No he hasn't?  Talking about last night, he said the police had to use whatever force was necessary to save lives.  That isn't saying any use of guns should result in death.

He's someone that doesn't want to just kill people and is being criticised for it.  What?! :detect: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Since when did Corbyn advocate for an open borders policy too?

Not sure.  He wants tariff free trade (again, a good thing...) but don't think I've heard anything about open borders.

Edit:  In fact, on QT, he talked about managed migration but facilitating it moreso for reuniting family members and for high skilled workers.  He also specifically said he wanted to put a stop on Eastern European workers being hired in groups for lower wages than can be offered to UK workers.  Seems nothing like open borders.

Edited by bobzy

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

No he hasn't?  Talking about last night, he said the police had to use whatever force was necessary to save lives.  That isn't saying any use of guns should result in death.

He's someone that doesn't want to just kill people and is being criticised for it.  What?! :detect: 

He has clearly said in the past he is against police shooting to kill and now has had made a clear u-turn on that statement.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Since when did Corbyn advocate for an open borders policy too?

He doesn't. In fact I think their manifesto specifically addresses that.

More lies.

Just now, KAZZAM said:

He has clearly said in the past he is against police shooting to kill and now has had made a clear u-turn on that statement.

We don't currently have a "shoot to kill" policy. So anyone outraged by Corbyn being against it should also be outraged at the current government.

Â