General Election 2017

ender4

26 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Bias 

The look on May's face, her head shaking. She is falling apart.

14 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

With which I agree entirely.

It certainly stands up to scrutiny more than the "biased audiences" that the more paranoid members of society might whine about.

FT, New Statesman, Politics Home, Buzzfeed... bloody paranoid left wing journalists. 

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

If it's strong enough? Labour might get in, renationalise Royal Ordnance and invade Saudi Arabia, freeing all the princesses.

Change that to 'pinch all their oil' and the post-Brexit plan's in the bag. 

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

FT, New Statesman, Politics Home, Buzzfeed... bloody paranoid left wing journalists. 

Tonight's 'bias', Makes a change from the shit biased print media I guess. I forget that doesn't count though. Only bias is when it helps Labour.

2 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Tonight's 'bias', Makes a change from the shit biased print media I guess. I forget that doesn't count though. Only bias is when it helps Labour.

Bit naughty when it's the publicly funded broadcaster with impartiality in its charter.

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Bit naughty when it's the publicly funded broadcaster with impartiality in its charter.

Tell that to the journalists who were talking about a new coup at the beginning of the campaign, or Laura K who was told off for misquoting. Swings and roundabouts.

4 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Jesus Christ...

:o

I almost feel sorry for her. But then I remember she's killed people and caused many others to suffer as a direct result of her decisions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Option (1): televised leaders' debate is filled with hundreds of lefty plants, contravening the strict regulations regarding impartially in the run up to an election, and likely risking the BBC's future at the hands of the almost-certain Conservative government if this were discovered.

Option (2): demographic more likely to identify with Corbyn is also more likely to make a bit of noise when he says something they like than the demographic likely to identify with MayRudd is.

Occam etc.

Option 2 didn't seem to happen on the Paxman programme.

May has told us she needs an increased majority and a stop to challenges in Westminster so she would look strong in front of europe and be taken seriously in the negotiations.

How's she going to u turn and flip flop that one when her own arrogance and cowardice throws away the chance she had of that big juicy majority?

I just hope she keeps looking sweaty, keeps grimacing, keeps up the weird laugh and keeps going for weird personal attacks whilst repeating that brilliant strong and stable line that people have started openly laughing at.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

May has told us she needs an increased majority and a stop to challenges in Westminster so she would look strong in front of europe and be taken seriously in the negotiations.

How's she going to u turn and flip flop that one when her own arrogance and cowardice throws away the chance she had of that big juicy majority?

I just hope she keeps looking sweaty, keeps grimacing, keeps up the weird laugh and keeps going for weird personal attacks whilst repeating that brilliant strong and stable line that people have started openly laughing at.

It's the conundrum of the election. If she can barely beat useless incompetent Jeremy Corbyn, how's she going to fare against Angela Merkel? Even though she's still very very likely to win, she's ended up looking weaker coming out than she looked going in. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Though if the majority of forecasts (where they still have a Tory majority of approaching 100 or more) have it right, her performance in the campaign will largely be forgotten about, at least in public. We'll be hearing from the moment the results flow in overnight next Thursday/Friday just how the public have returned a strong, stable leadership for Brexit and beyond.

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

so she would look strong in front of europe and be taken seriously in the negotiations.

I wonder if there is a single European leader that hasn't been laughing at those May gifs, or the u-turns, or at her performance when contradicted.  I doubt any of them take her seriously or ever will.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â