General Election 2017

ender4

6 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I think you're right in your overall point, but the "silent majority" and. "shy Tory" aren't people that tell a polling company that they're voting Conservative and then turn up to a televised leaders' debate to be a representative of that side's demographic.

They're the exact opposite of that.

Yes indeed.  My point was that it's difficult to tell the difference between 20%, 40% and 70% of an audience applauding and cheering.  The Tories/potential Tories have little to shout about and probably wouldn't even if they did but doesn't mean they didn't make up a large proportion of the audience just because of the comparative noise levels.

39 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Things I learned;

Amber Rudd has never played Monopoly 

Leanne Wood could hear a pin drop in a...er... Wood

and Fallon is complete stroker 

And Farron is. Fallon is an utter bellend as well though ;-)

1 hour ago, Awol said:

I'm sure Labour voters do feel like part of a movement, PIRA, Shining Path, Momentum, they all have much in common.

What exactly do Momentum and Shining Path have in common? 

EDIT: nevermind, I've now fully caught up :)

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yes indeed.  My point was that it's difficult to tell the difference between 20%, 40% and 70% of an audience applauding and cheering.  The Tories/potential Tories have little to shout about and probably wouldn't even if they did but doesn't mean they didn't make up a large proportion of the audience just because of the comparative noise levels.

With which I agree entirely.

It certainly stands up to scrutiny more than the "biased audiences" that the more paranoid members of society might whine about.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Rudd seemed to have been briefed to say "magic money tree" as much as possible. She and the party did not come out of that well.

She seems not to be acquainted with the explanations from the Bank of England, the Deutschebank and others, explaining that money is, in effect, brought into existence via a magic money tree.

Needs to spend a bit more time reading, and a lot less time talking.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, darrenm said:

And Farron is. Fallon is an utter bellend as well though ;-)

I'd have thought you'd be delighted to have somebody there who looked like his one job was to slag off Theresa May just so Corbyn didn't have to and could just stand there looking statesmanlike (well, -ish).

If I were the conspiratorial type, I'd even say that it looked like it was planned that way.

30 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not saying I think it will happen, but I might be in danger of literally pissing myself laughing if the reanimated corpse of the late Theresa May manages to lose a guaranteed landslide. It suddenly seems possible.There's a week left to make up the gap, and May and her cabinet still have a few of their own feet to shoot at.

If I were Corbyn now, I'd spend the next week deflecting from myself and just keep hammering the policies. 

There is a small, semi-genuine chance here and the Tories know it. They will do everything now to go after him as an individual and he remains a weakness in the eyes of some of the electorate. 

He needs to front it, he needs to tell the nation to look beyond him, it isn't just about him, it's about the policies. There is a clear choice this time and I think people are seeing that, but many remain unconvinced by him. He's done a decent job of turning that around at times, but put his foot in his mouth at others. He's got to get through these next few days unscathed. The Tories could blow this yet. 

39 minutes ago, Awol said:

Comedy effect, not a request for medication. 

If it's strong enough? Labour might get in, renationalise Royal Ordnance and invade Saudi Arabia, freeing all the princesses.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â