General Election 2017

ender4

9 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Let's make up some easy policies to persuade the young to vote for us like extra bank holidays and abandoning their tuition fees, and in the hope of getting in we can lower the voting age to brainwash those who are 16 too.

Let's destroy the welfare state, living conditions, social care, school funding and the NHS, and maybe more people will die so we, the Tories, can give more to the rich. Oh and let's have foxes ripped to shreds for sport too.

I know what i'd prefer out of your statement and mine.

23 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Everyone keeps telling me the BBC aren't biased.

The audience was apparently a standard split selected from independent pollers.

Perhaps they were undecided when selected and have since gone to Labour? Or perhaps the Tories in the audience are too embarrassed by the absence of their leader to make a noise? And Labour voters feel part of a movement?

I think it probably was an even split, Labour/ABTs are obviously going to cheer and jeer a lot.  I mean, the silent majority and shy Tory get their name for a reason.  I'm just surprised they allowed the audience to make any noise, I think they are barred from doing it in the US debates.

30 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The Sun (spit) but biased the other way for a source.

Oh? And Rudd's father passed away only 2 days ago, and Theresa May still can't be bothered to show up?

Utterly contemptible, vile word removed.

I agree. Based on this news credit to rudd. Bloody hell may you vile human being

For me the big story of the night is not a single that was said, but the fact the Prime Minister and leader of the Conservative Party didn't turn out.

And I think that'll be the one thing that sticks in the minds of many voters and the longer lasting narrative.

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

What were the other big hitters doing?

Meeting Real People. In private settings. After telling them what they could and couldn't say.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Awol said:

I thought May had been very cowardly not doing this but in light of the audience I don't blame her. Pretty clear the BBC decided not to try and put together a balanced group which was leftie as you like on the night.

The audience was put together by an independent body and deliberately structured to mirror the voting preferences of the general public. What it shows I think is how far apart the public and the mainstream press are - something representative of the voting public feels left wing because the media message in the newspapers is so right wing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The audience was put together by an independent body and deliberately structured to mirror the voting preferences of the general public. What it shows I think is how far apart the public and the mainstream press are - something representative of the voting public feels left wing because the media message in the newspapers is so right wing.

If you're right then Labour will walk it. 

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

If you're right then Labour will walk it. 

I'm not so sure. There were almost certainly tories sat there too ashamed to publicly acknowledge what they're voting for, but their mark on the ballot paper counts just as much as a cheering and jeering lefty. 

1 minute ago, peterms said:

Your last para is frankly barking.  I suppose it's just there for effect, rather than a cry for help.

Comedy effect, not a request for medication. 

27 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think it probably was an even split, Labour/ABTs are obviously going to cheer and jeer a lot.  I mean, the silent majority and shy Tory get their name for a reason.  I'm just surprised they allowed the audience to make any noise, I think they are barred from doing it in the US debates.

I think you're right in your overall point, but the "silent majority" and. "shy Tory" aren't people that tell a polling company that they're voting Conservative and then turn up to a televised leaders' debate to be a representative of that side's demographic.

They're the exact opposite of that.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â