General Election 2017

ender4

Just now, Straggler said:

Not exactly how I remember the Blair years going.....

Labour under Blair are about as far away from current Labour as Conservative are.

e.g. this

uk2015.png

is for pre-Corbyn Labour. Current Labour would be right over the Greens.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Id argue that the austerity line and scorn thrown at Labour's presiding over the crash meant it would be suicidal to do anything else at the time.

Which still doesn't show Labour in a good light, because they'd basically be taking the Tory line to save themselves regardless of their actual thoughts, but wouldn't prevent it being ideological. It was just an ideological line so prevalent and so ingrained at that point they were **** to go against it, even if that was right.

I've raised it before but you really should read Mervyn King's book, The End of Alchemy.

He argues well that the banks had to bailed out but it was the unconditional nature of how Brown did it that cocked things up.

Government had them by the balls but failed to fix the structural problems when they could dictate absolute terms to the financial sector. 

Fail-Bail-Send to Jail.

• Like 1

Just now, darrenm said:

Seriously? Labour. It's their whole reason for existing as a party.

surely their whole reason for existing is for the Unions to decide who they want in power ?

but I'm intrigued what is Labours policy for being Robin Hood is  ... is it still the grab 20% of all assets from the wealthiest 10% of people in the UK ?

3092110464.jpg

Think this pretty much sums up where I'm coming from politically:

Ideology...

Left-Wing Authoritarian

"Your political beliefs would be considered strongly Left-Wing and moderately Authoritarian on an ideological scale, meaning you tend to stand up and protect those who are oppressed or taken advantage of and believe the government should do the same."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, darrenm said:

Labour under Blair are about as far away from current Labour as Conservative are.

e.g. this

uk2015.png

is for pre-Corbyn Labour. Current Labour would be right over the Greens.

Current Labour are all over the place...

Probably worth pointing out that the UK hasn't voted in a non-Blair Labour government for over 40 years. Sadly if you are expecting anything other than a tory rout then I think you are going to be very disappointed.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â