Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

52 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My understanding is the last successful test was before 2016. The 2 tests in the last 8 years have failed.

This link lists all the relevant information including all of our successful launches and failures  

Contrary to some reporting after the launch, the Trident II D-5 SLBM has so far proved to be a very reliable system, with 191 successful sea launches and only five failures since 21 March 1989 – a failure rate of 2.6%. 

https://www.iiss.org/online-analysis/online-analysis/2024/03/the-uks-trident-launch-failure-a-cause-for-concern/#:~:text=Alongside sea testing%2C the Trident,which occurred between 1987–89.

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

This doesn’t contradict anything I’ve said. It’s actually the evidence I should have been asked to provide as my source.

It’s great we’ve had so many successful launches. Would be nice if some of them had been in the last decade or so.

Incidentally, it costs about £3billion a year for that level of protection. Lord knows what it would cost for something that works.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Incidentally, it costs about £3billion a year for that level of protection. Lord knows what it would cost for something that works.

Look what its cost Ukraine since they gave up their nukes.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Look what its cost Ukraine since they gave up their nukes.  

It’s a fair point, fairly countered by pointing out we are in nato and don’t share a land border with our old imperial rulers, Russia.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â