Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

3 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I was just watching an interesting video.  To cut a long story short, Russia is taking over Libyan ports.   This will gives them a naval base in the Mediterranean.  This is especially important because they can now maintain submarines and resupply destroyers. 

There was a lit of speculation whether Russia has the actual manpower to maintain these facilities or is simplying throwing money at Libya.  

There's already a facility in Tartus, Syria

• Like 1

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Meanwhile, unverified footage has emerged purportedly showing a massive blast in the town, amid unconfirmed reports that a weapons depot was hit overnight.

Toropets lies about 380km (236 miles) north-west of Russia's capital Moscow, and some 470km north of the border with Ukraine.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c30lp1qq6pzo

Storm Shadow? 

7 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Just a drone or two 😬

OMFG, that’s looks like the end of the world. 

It’s amazing that Putin still has this grip of fear over the Russian people and they are too scared to protest in significant numbers.

Yeah, that's a serious hit, and over a wide area too. If that was ammo storage, then it was huge. Have RMOD said that it was hit by falling debris from a downed drone yet?

As an aside, people amaze me. Why the **** do they hold their phone upright for a video like that, you know, of a LANDSCAPE? In their defence, they do move the phone from side to side to get everything in, so I guess I shouldn't be complaining really.

Here's a different view:

main-qimg-da77ddba55a7ccb71de948ffb04380

Edited by Anthony
Added pic

18 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Yeah, that's a serious hit, and over a wide area too. If that was ammo storage, then it was huge. Have RMOD said that it was hit by falling debris from a downed drone yet?

As an aside, people amaze me. Why the **** do they hold their phone upright for a video like that, you know, of a LANDSCAPE? In their defence, they do move the phone from side to side to get everything in, so I guess I shouldn't be complaining really.

Here's a different view:

main-qimg-da77ddba55a7ccb71de948ffb04380

People amaze me as well, they need to get their priorities right!

The claim is it was a drone strike (or even drone debris) but this conflicts with Russian military announcements from when the site was expanded and modernised including the installation of concrete bunkers. When it was completed it was claimed the site was capable of withstanding missiles and even a nuclear blast. 

Maybe it’s a case of poor construction techniques but that type of military bunker was exactly what the storm shadow missile was designed to penetrate.

• Like 1

Another thing that hasn't been said yet on here. The location of this is marginally further north than both Belarus and more importantly Moscow

It pretty much puts the whole of Moscow in range of whatever caused that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Maybe it’s a case of poor construction techniques but that type of military bunker was exactly what the storm shadow missile was designed to penetrate.

That's why I assume it was a storm shadow. My guess is the UK (and possibly the US)  approved their use in Russia but obviously for operational reasons didn't announce it to the world. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â