Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

Did the f16 ever engage its contemporary Russian variants in combat? It’d be good to put the Russian warplane industry to bed once and for all with some footage of Ukrainian f16s shooting down some Su35s.

I wonder if Russia even has the quantity of Su35s to attempt it, as they haven’t really shone against old Soviet jets so far.

Kerch bridge must be a very near future target.

Edited by magnkarl

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

6 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Did the f16 ever engage its contemporary Russian variants in combat? It’d be good to put the Russian warplane industry to bed once and for all with some footage of Ukrainian f16s shooting down some Su35s.

I wonder if Russia even has the quantity of Su35s to attempt it, as they haven’t really shone against old Soviet jets so far.

Kerch bridge must be a very near future target.

Ukraine doesn’t have the quantity of F16s to attempt it. They only have six of them and are not going to risk any of them. 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Ukraine doesn’t have the quantity of F16s to attempt it. They only have six of them and are not going to risk any of them. 

For now, they’ll have about 50 or so once deliveries are complete.

Mirage at some point too.

3 hours ago, magnkarl said:

For now, they’ll have about 50 or so once deliveries are complete.

Mirage at some point too.

Nah, they'll be real mate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Ukraine getting bombard right now, including Kyiv. 

I just don't get this. Russia bombs cities = the West sends more kit.

Last time they bombed that children's hospital deliveries ramped up. These missiles could be used militarily in Kursk as they're quite accurate, yet Russia uses them to hit apartments and hospitals.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Last time they bombed that children's hospital deliveries ramped up. These missiles could be used militarily in Kursk as they're quite accurate, yet Russia uses them to hit apartments and hospitals.

“someone else’s” apartments and hospitals is the reason I guess.

10 hours ago, magnkarl said:

It was another attack on the Ukrainian power network. Unsure if that was the primary target or not, but some parts of it were definitely hit.

Ukraine is really going to struggle if its a cold winter because they've lost so much of their power generation over the last couple of years. Sadly it doesn't seem like it's as simple to fix as just running a wire over to Poland and tapping the EU power network to keep themselves warm, either.

18 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

I thought they had moved their fleet out of the black sea?

AFAIK They can't move anything out of the Black sea, Turkey control the entrance. 

11 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Do they? Seems to me like the west isn't doing enough. Russia committing war crime after war crime. How long does it take to do something about it? Like a no fly zone for example. 

49 minutes ago, villa89 said:

AFAIK They can't move anything out of the Black sea, Turkey control the entrance. 

Yeah they can, ships with a home port in the Black Sea can move through the canal, what can’t happen in times of war is Russia bringing in ships with home ports not in the Black Sea. So they can’t replace ships they’ve lost from their other fleets.

The BSF still exists but it has moved out of Sevastopol where it was too easy to attack (Even the BSF HQ was attacked by missiles). What is left of the fleet is now based in Novorossiysk which is relatively safe distance wise from missile attack.

• Thanks 1

It took Russia 15 years to build this oil facility, in one week Ukraine took it out with two drones. This is what wins Ukraine the war, along with those new rocket drones.

Push Russian air power back with the new drones and keep hitting their oil facilities.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

It took Russia 15 years to build this oil facility, in one week Ukraine took it out with two drones. This is what wins Ukraine the war, along with those new rocket drones.

Push Russian air power back with the new drones and keep hitting their oil facilities.

I think they need to do more damage inside Russia than they are at the moment. Take out more bridges, train tracks, electricity substations. They also need air superiority and probably NATO support for air defences. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â