Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He's just wondering which hotel window he's going to make use of. 

• Like 1

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

So since the West won't allow Ukraine to shoot some of its weapons from Ukraine into Russia, they went into Russia to shoot weapons at Russia?

As far as I gather from Russia milbloggers this morning, Ukraine are now 32 kilometers inside Kursk, within firing range of Kursk's energy system.

Ukraine also took out one of the worst Z-propagandists last night with an FPV drone as he was heading into the Kursk region to report. All in all this mission seems like it's done its fair share.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

So since the West won't allow Ukraine to shoot some of its weapons from Ukraine into Russia, they went into Russia to shoot weapons at Russia?

I'm sure certain NATO countries will have a shit fit now worrying about some "escalation" from Russia. 

9 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

“Learn Ukrainian and wait for the referendum” 🤣

Kursk used to be Ukrainian 1000 years ago, and I'm sure there's a bloke called Bogdan who I heard speak Ukrainian in Kursk. Referendum!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I'm sure certain NATO countries will have a shit fit now worrying about some "escalation" from Russia. 

What "escalation" is possible? 

Before you say "nukes", let's look at the reality of that situation.  Ukraine is near Russia and any nuclear fallout would go into Russia or NATO.  Nuclear fallout entering a NATO country is specially defined by NATO as an act of war.  

Nuclear war doesn't just happen ( despite what you see in films).  Only a small proportion are combat ready.  A major strike involves issuing orders, arming weapons, transporting weapons, preparing shelters etc.  All of which would be spotted by NATO forces.  

Any country preparing a first strike risks those missiles and bombs being destroyed on the ground by conventional strikes from the other side. 

If Russia made any serious attempt to use nukes it would be hit on all sides by NATO and China with conventional weapons.  

Putin's only escalation is all out conventional warfare.  Let's see how long he lasts when powerful Russians are asked to send their children to war.  

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Spelling mishsteaks

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Kursk used to be Ukrainian 1000 years ago, and I'm sure there's a bloke called Bogdan who I heard speak Ukrainian in Kursk. Referendum!

Too late. I held the referendum last night.  It was 100% in favour of Kursk becoming Ukraine.  

It was all democratic and proper like.  

2 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Too late. I held the referendum last night.  It was 100% in favour of Kursk becoming Ukraine.  

It was all democratic and proper like.  

I thought it would have been 99.7% in favour as other views are welcomed, just like in Russia. 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pottervillan said:

I thought it would have been 99.7% in favour as other views are welcomed, just like in Russia. 😉

Sorry. I stand corrected. 

99.7% voted to join Ukraine. 

0.3% voted for Kurskexit where Kursk leaves Russia and goes it alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Despite the fact that the ballot papers were lost during the delivery to the polling booths the region has voted overwhelmingly to be a part of Ukraine.

• Haha 1

Ukraine are now past the second defensive lines that Russia had near the border, that was the last line.

Wonder how far they'll go. Without glide bombs Russia seems quite lost.

Drive on Moscow v2.

Edited by magnkarl

Another reason for Ukraine doing this might be that the Russian rail system goes through Sucha to go to Belgorod. This way they're essentially strangling supplies to the operation Russia has going near Vovshansk. 

18 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Ukraine are now past the second defensive lines that Russia had near the border, that was the last line.

Wonder how far they'll go.

It will be interesting to see and it will be more interesting to see how much of it they can hold, or if they just choose to retreat, let Russia move reinforcements to Kursk and then attack somewhere else inside Ukraine. 

It will be interesting to see and it will be more interesting to see how much of it they can hold, or if they just choose to retreat, let Russia move reinforcements to Kursk and then attack somewhere else inside Ukraine. 

They will retreat. But there is a major gas hub in that area which is now under Ukrainian control.  

There might be a VERY big explosion and a completely destroyed gas hub.  

14 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

They will retreat. But there is a major gas hub in that area which is now under Ukrainian control.  

There might be a VERY big explosion and a completely destroyed gas hub.  

No chance, That gas hub is supplying EU countries, one of whom is Putin wannabe Victor Oban controlled Hungary. It would be political suicide to blow it up.  Wouldn't be surprised if Russia turned off the gas flow while it's controlled by Ukraine, however they need to keep Orban onside so they probably won't. 

Edited by villa89

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

No chance, That gas hub is supplying EU countries, one of whom is Putin wannabe Victor Oban controlled Hungary. It would be political suicide to blow it up.  Wouldn't be surprised if Russia turned off the gas flow while it's controlled by Ukraine, however they need to keep Orban onside so they probably won't. 

Orban is really not an issue for EU anymore, Hungary is being totally sidelined even when they're in the rotating presidency seat. The other countries are just holding their own meetings parallell to his. 

The gas line will likely be blown up by Russia when they try to retake it. I bet Ukraine is sending ground drones up the pipes as we speak to blow up the nodes above this one, that's what I would do.

• Like 1

No chance, That gas hub is supplying EU countries, one of whom is Putin wannabe Victor Oban controlled Hungary. It would be political suicide to blow it up.  

Hungary supplies absolutely nothing to Ukraine.

20 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Hungary supplies absolutely nothing to Ukraine.

Doesn't matter, Orban can still Veto any EU support for Ukraine and start Veto'ing everything the EU tries to do, even if it's not Ukraine related. 

47 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Doesn't matter, Orban can still Veto any EU support for Ukraine and start Veto'ing everything the EU tries to do, even if it's not Ukraine related. 

He won’t be vetoing anything if Ukraine are sat in the pipeline though

Orban has publicly stated that he will no veto any support as long as Hungary are not required to provide any assistance. 

Any country can veto anything.  Do you really think that would be without consequences?  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â