Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

1 hour ago, bickster said:

It was sent to a government minister

That’s seems a bit silly, why not just send it to a few random residential addresses where the post isn’t screened and checked? 

I guess they wanted it to be intercepted.

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s seems a bit silly, why not just send it to a few random residential addresses where the post isn’t screened and checked? 

I guess they wanted it to be intercepted.

It’s not actually confirmed, could still be a false positive apparently 

14 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

If the attack was successful it risked spreading to others.  

As above post but also seems to have been a racist motive

Also train attacks are thought to be by either far left or environmental activists

Interesting seeing that Ukraine has SOF soldiers advising the Islamist rebels in Mali, who are fighting the Russian Wagner forces. The rebels recently ambushed a significant Wagner force and killed more than 50 Russians.

Good thing taken in isolation ... but just another reminder how screwed the world is. The military in Mali took power a few years back in a coup, then chucked out the French forces that were helping to keep the Islamic insurgency under control. Now the Malians have brought in the Russians to help contain the rebels, but the Western-backed Ukrainians are helping the Al-Qaeda linked Islamic militants to fight their insurgency. Enemy of my enemy and all that, but those Islamic rebels aren't going to be great for the stability of the region if they win either.

2 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Interesting seeing that Ukraine has SOF soldiers advising the Islamist rebels in Mali, who are fighting the Russian Wagner forces. The rebels recently ambushed a significant Wagner force and killed more than 50 Russians.

Good thing taken in isolation ... but just another reminder how screwed the world is. The military in Mali took power a few years back in a coup, then chucked out the French forces that were helping to keep the Islamic insurgency under control. Now the Malians have brought in the Russians to help contain the rebels, but the Western-backed Ukrainians are helping the Al-Qaeda linked Islamic militants to fight their insurgency. Enemy of my enemy and all that, but those Islamic rebels aren't going to be great for the stability of the region if they win either.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

The best thing about this incident is that the rebels took out several of the new Wagner leadership, including the guy that posted all of the propaganda for Prighozin, as well as videos bragging about killing civilians and pow's. Greyzone on Telegram is no more, at least not run by the same guy.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The best thing about this incident is that the rebels took out several of the new Wagner leadership, including the guy that posted all of the propaganda for Prighozin, as well as videos bragging about killing civilians and pow's. Greyzone on Telegram is no more, at least not run by the same guy.

I’m pretty sure quite a few Greyzone admins have been killed in action over the years. I suspect they’ve got more than one at a time.

F-16s filmed in Ukrainian skies yesterday. It's hopefully about to get hotter for Russian glide bombers.

Time for everyone who's had F-16 to dig out all the ordinance they've got lying around. 

Their first sorties appear to have been air-defense related. 

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 2

On 29/07/2024 at 15:14, Xann said:

Watching these clips, assault rifles are crap vs drones, particularly if fired from a moving vehicle.

Reckon I'd want a weapon with some dispersal going forward?

Sod the grenade launcher underneath, a shotgun might improve your survival chances?

uilHBZ.gif

Something like this would do the trick.

The perfect weapon to take down some of the more basic dones would be a basic propeller driven plane with a large net.  

Dick Dastardly,  Mutley and Vulture Squadron are on their way. 

4 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The perfect weapon to take down some of the more basic dones would be a basic propeller driven plane with a large net.  

Dick Dastardly,  Mutley and Vulture Squadron are on their way. 

Or, as the Ukrainians are doing, slow older propeller aircraft with two seats and a gunner in the back with sawed off shotguns and machine guns.

The Russians are getting increasingly angry as Ukraine deploys YAKs to do this, they're great at taking down surveillance drones.

Romania who produced the YAK52 is apparently scrambling to restore old YAKs for Ukraine, there should be some of them kicking around in museums etc.

Edited by magnkarl

Videos of Ukrainian F-16s sending Storm Shadow missiles deep into occupied territory to take out Russian assets make me proud. I think for the first time in this war Putin seems rattled. Giving the West 16 people for a lot less Russians, including two kids on the Russian side, shows that Putin is starting to get ready to negotiate, imo.

Ukraine needs to push the throttle on the strikes on oil industry in Russia, it's ultimately what will ruin the Russian war effort. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Kursk to Moscow in 3 days ?

What does this mean please? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â