Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

9 hours ago, Genie said:

Russia vowing revenge on the USA as the missiles (ATACMS) which struck Sevastopol in Crimea over the weekend and killed 4 people were supplied by America… but more shocking to me at least, Russians are STILL going on holiday to Crimea to chill on the beach. It must be very cheap. I bet travel insurance doesn’t cover that.

Bet my samsonite could handle an ATACMS. 

• Haha 2

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Interestingly Ukraine is deploying old Yak-52s (akin to a spitfire) to shoot down Shaheds and other UAVs with machine guns from the cockpit.

A propeller-driven Yak-52 primary training aircraft has appeared with an impressive collection of kill marks displayed on its fuselage; seemingly confirmation of its success having been impressed into service as a drone-killer. While we reported on a series of previous videos showing the use of Soviet-era Yak-52s to attack Russian drones, the latest evidence suggests that the unorthodox solution could be becoming a more important part of Ukraine’s multilayered air defenses.

Maybe we've got some old beaufighters, harvards or pitts, or something akin to this sitting around that we could donate? 

Edited by magnkarl

More talk of Ukraine seeking a peace summit and suggesting an intermediary for the talks. It's clear the status quo will remain and Russia will get the Eastern part of Ukraine and crimea in exchange for Ukraine joining NATO and eventually the European union. Ukraine isn't going to get the military support they need and are running out of men. Resorting to prisoners now for fresh meat. 

48 minutes ago, villa89 said:

More talk of Ukraine seeking a peace summit and suggesting an intermediary for the talks. It's clear the status quo will remain and Russia will get the Eastern part of Ukraine and crimea in exchange for Ukraine joining NATO and eventually the European union. Ukraine isn't going to get the military support they need and are running out of men. Resorting to prisoners now for fresh meat. 

What's the source?

7 minutes ago, limpid said:

What's the source?

https://www.politico.eu/article/ukraine-war-russia-peace-through-intermediaries/

BÜRGENSTOCK, Switzerland — Kyiv will not engage in direct negotiations with Russia, but is working to build a coalition of intermediaries to help end the war in Ukraine, Ukrainian officials said at this weekend's peace summit, to which Russia was not invited.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

It's clear the status quo will remain and Russia will get the Eastern part of Ukraine and crimea in exchange for Ukraine joining NATO and eventually the European union.

Not to me, it's not. It's a possible suggestion, at most. It may end up being what happens, but I doubt it.

Ukraine isn't going to get the military support they need

I see nothing to support this perception. In fact, I see that exact opposite.

and are running out of men.

Manpower has indeed been an issue from day 1.

Resorting to prisoners now for fresh meat. 

Fresh meat? Russia puts a value of zero on its troops and sends them to be slaughtered, hence the term 'meatgrinder'. Ukraine has, as mentioned above, always known that its soldiers are a scarce and valuable resource, and therefore tries to defeat invading troops without putting their own troops at unnecessary risk. Ukrainian commanders who lose too many troops are (mostly) removed. Referring to Ukrainian troops as 'fresh meat' is insulting to those who serve in the Ukrainian armed forces to protect their country from invading murderers and rapists.

• Like 1

Â